Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
a f kincaid

Transfer window

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, CGJags said:

Bit negative, no? 

No, just thinking that we always say that a signing is potentially good, yes even McKinnon. Wondering why we always say it when it is pretty meaningless. 
 

It’s been a long week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CGJags said:

That's pretty much him, nothing brilliant, but he does a job. I think he's still got a lot to learn and improve on. 

 

He doesn't suit 3-5-2, but he's not played in it THAT often. He's also been thrown in at Left Centre-Half, during a game or 2 before. He best suits a back 4, with him as LB, with a winger in front of him. 

You seem to know him well, and certainly better than I do, so happy with your assessment and summary. 

Paticularly agree with the learn and improve bit! 

Let"s not forget he is still a young man and whose first team experience has been almost totally as a member of a team that has been very poor! He is still in my :give him a chance' category! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

McCall talking about Murray as a 'striker'. 

So that's Graham, Rudddn, Mansel and Murray. Am I missing anyone? 

When did McCall say that? 
Murray made out in his interview that he likes to play anywhere off the striker, as in wide-midfield or behind the striker, in a No.10 role. 

 

Graham, Rudden and if we are keeping Mansell might be enough strikers, depending on how we are planning to play, could potentially see us bring another striker in to be 3rd Choice, if Mansell is deemed not good enough or leaves, quite frankly, I wouldn't miss him, he's contributed very little in 18 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

You seem to know him well, and certainly better than I do, so happy with your assessment and summary. 

Paticularly agree with the learn and improve bit! 

Let"s not forget he is still a young man and whose first team experience has been almost totally as a member of a team that has been very poor! He is still in my :give him a chance' category! 

I agree, I'd really like to see him do well, especially since he came through the academy. If he isn't up to it, then fair enough, but needs a big season this year, as do a lot of our players if we are to be successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CGJags said:

When did McCall say that? 
Murray made out in his interview that he likes to play anywhere off the striker, as in wide-midfield or behind the striker, in a No.10 role. 

 

Graham, Rudden and if we are keeping Mansell might be enough strikers, depending on how we are planning to play, could potentially see us bring another striker in to be 3rd Choice, if Mansell is deemed not good enough or leaves, quite frankly, I wouldn't miss him, he's contributed very little in 18 months. 

Read it on the club website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

No, just thinking that we always say that a signing is potentially good, yes even McKinnon. Wondering why we always say it when it is pretty meaningless. 
 

It’s been a long week

Fair enough, although McKinnon, got very mixed opinion when he signed, and when he left, he's one player we could all unite and agree, he was the definition of a Dud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, exiledjag said:

Read it on the club website. 

Fair do's, doubt he'll play as an out and out striker like a Rudden or Graham, but he seems versatile enough that he can play a few positions along the front, which is good news for us. (If he's any good obviously).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CGJags said:

I agree, I'd really like to see him do well, especially since he came through the academy. If he isn't up to it, then fair enough, but needs a big season this year, as do a lot of our players if we are to be successful. 

The last couple of seasons can't have done much for his confidence especially last season with the number of goals we conceded! Also I suspect his team mates were too busy trying to look after themselves and weren't able to support Penrice as much as he should have been. 

In one or two games I saw he cut a lonely, isolated and exposed figure at left back!

I blame our lack of a midfield for that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CGJags said:

Fair do's, doubt he'll play as an out and out striker like a Rudden or Graham, but he seems versatile enough that he can play a few positions along the front, which is good news for us. (If he's any good obviously).

Yeah, agreed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Read it on the club website. 

The article on the club website doesn’t mention the word striker at all(unless I’m reading it wrong). It references attacker which is completely different. Cardle and Lyons are also attackers but not strikers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elevenone said:

East Fife sign Danny Swanson on 2yr deal.  Decent signing for League 1.

Agree. I think due to most teams reducing squad sizes a number of players will have to drop a level or two. Wonder if Foster would have signed for us if things had been normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea on formation and players?

Sneddon = GK

Foster - RB; Brownlie - CH;  O'Ware - CH; Penrice - LB

Bannigan - CM; Docherty - CM

Gordon - AM

Lyons - FWD; Graham - FWD; Rudden - FWD

 

Unless there are youngsters available defence looks like it needs a player or 2,  Midfield seems to be very attacking and we have a lot of strikers (no return of Dools??)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Any idea on formation and players?

Sneddon = GK

Foster - RB; Brownlie - CH;  O'Ware - CH; Penrice - LB

Bannigan - CM; Docherty - CM

Gordon - AM

Lyons - FWD; Graham - FWD; Rudden - FWD

 

Unless there are youngsters available defence looks like it needs a player or 2,  Midfield seems to be very attacking and we have a lot of strikers (no return of Dools??)

 

 

Happy with that as a starting lineup. Would try to supplement with youngsters.

Would like another keeper as cover/ competition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Any idea on formation and players?

Sneddon = GK

Foster - RB; Brownlie - CH;  O'Ware - CH; Penrice - LB

Bannigan - CM; Docherty - CM

Gordon - AM

Lyons - FWD; Graham - FWD; Rudden - FWD

 

Unless there are youngsters available defence looks like it needs a player or 2,  Midfield seems to be very attacking and we have a lot of strikers (no return of Dools??)

 

 

That’s a pretty decent group of players, in my opinion, if they perform like it then even better. 
We need I’d say, another Centre-Half (gives the option of a back 3 and for competition/cover) Foster can cover both full-back areas so we are probably done there. Another winger (obviously Cardle coming back is up in the air), a backup Goalkeeper, and possibly another striker that isn’t going to start every week, and knows that, but wouldn’t be concerned too much about him coming in if need be to do a job. I don’t know what the situation with Mansell is, but for some reason I still expect him to leave. The Midfield is pretty strong (if Banzo can remain consistent), Docherty will be a key and was a much needed player, Gordon has goals, and Murray is an attacking-mid type, that we also badly missed (also has a bit of flare about him). Worth remembering we still have Niang who can play both Centre-half and Defensive Midfield I think. Hopefully a big season in him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Any idea on formation and players?

Sneddon = GK

Foster - RB; Brownlie - CH;  O'Ware - CH; Penrice - LB

Bannigan - CM; Docherty - CM

Gordon - AM

Lyons - FWD; Graham - FWD; Rudden - FWD

 

Unless there are youngsters available defence looks like it needs a player or 2,  Midfield seems to be very attacking and we have a lot of strikers (no return of Dools??)

 

 

No place for Murray?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

No place for Murray?

Not sure where to put him to be honest.  Is he better than the other 3 up top?  Plus Gordon does get goals as an attacking midfielder coming late into the box.  I like Gordon, feels like he has drive and is one of those players who carries the team up the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Not sure where to put him to be honest.  Is he better than the other 3 up top?  Plus Gordon does get goals as an attacking midfielder coming late into the box.  I like Gordon, feels like he has drive and is one of those players who carries the team up the pitch.

I am not certain of Murray, but I get on Paand B that Queens fans see him in between midfield and strikers. The Gordon role?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Any idea on formation and players?

Sneddon = GK

Foster - RB; Brownlie - CH;  O'Ware - CH; Penrice - LB

Bannigan - CM; Docherty - CM

Gordon - AM

Lyons - FWD; Graham - FWD; Rudden - FWD

 

Unless there are youngsters available defence looks like it needs a player or 2,  Midfield seems to be very attacking and we have a lot of strikers (no return of Dools??)

 

 

I would have Penrice and Gordon as subs and try and sign two decent players for there positions  ,also think we need an experienced good  goalkeeper .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, macca said:

I would have Penrice and Gordon as subs and try and sign two decent players for there positions  ,also think we need an experienced good  goalkeeper .

Sena did a good shift at Montrose, in this division last year.  Lets not forget that we have him. Young, hard and an asset in the division.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We had a good experienced goalkeeper last year and turned him into a haddy. What we need is a good GK coach.

Even Buffon would have looked a haddy playing for Thistle last year.

Our defenders were practising self-isolation eight months before it became compulsory.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×