Sign in to follow this  
redandyellowallover

Partick Thistle v East Fife - Saturday 21st November

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

A bit on STV news tonight about blood donors going to Hampden to give their blood, next ground to be used  for this is Firhill.

They've changed the name on the home changing room door to the home triage ward. :bump:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

If that happened, i would push the average age of the team up a few years.:head_ball:

Possibly speed up the midfield as well 

• Haha 2

I think it’s embarrassing we don’t have good enough 17/18 year olds to become part of 1st team squad while we have all these injuries 

academy isn’t fit for purpose, shut it down completely 

My 2nd ever Jags game was v East Fife in 1971.

We won 4-1 with Jimmy Bone getting a hat trick. 

But even that amazing Thistle team probably weren't 8/15 favourites that day!

What kind of price is that for a terrible team riddled with injury. 

15/4 East Fife is crazy in a coin flip game

Not sure about playing Sena as a centreback. I realise he played therein the youth sides but I think that was more to do with his relative strength and size at that particular time. He looked much more the part when he moved to defensive mid. If needs must perhaps he'd be fine in a back three (Sena-Brownlie-Foster) but that means playing a rather narrow and negative formation. Think more likely to see Penrice partnering Brownlie simply as he's naturally left sided.  

1 minute ago, a f kincaid said:

What does "this video cannot be played error code 232404" mean?

Come back out  and go in again. And don't click on the arrow..it happened to me..

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Come back out  and go in again. And don't click on the arrow..it happened to me..

Thanks , i clicked on link 2 and i now have live stream will begin shortly.

Three outfielders on the bench is embarrassing for a full-time 'professional' club. 

Funny that when Archibald and Junior Mendes left, our injuries seemed to clear-up. Fast forward two/three years and we are back in the exact same scenario. Three or four injuries at this point in the season is unlucky. Nine or ten points to systematic failings in coaching strategy and sheer incompetence. Club is a basket case.  

1 minute ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Three outfielders on the bench is embarrassing for a full-time 'professional' club. 

Funny that when Archibald and Junior Mendes left, our injuries seemed to clear-up. Fast forward two/three years and we are back in the exact same scenario. Three or four injuries at this point in the season is unlucky. Nine or ten points to systematic failings in coaching strategy and sheer incompetence. Club is a basket case.  

apparently we have a youth academy with 17, 18 and 19 year old players and go with a bench of 3 outfield players , tells you what the standard is at academy level 

get it closed and use money on improving 1st team squad