Sign in to follow this  
Albert's Ghost

Thistle v Forfar

9 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Time we had a match thread methinks.   Surely a must-win - worst team in the league, at home.

Need to win to stay in the race.

Bit like Scotland's next game.

Agree. Good result and performance (eventually) on Saturday. We need to keep winning to put pressure on Falkirk, incase they fall away, and also make sure we stay in the top 4. Hopefully get an early goal, or the first goal at least, because Forfar will be playing with everybody behind the ball looking for a break away goal.

Yep, definitely a must win. McCall was saying he needed to 'freshen things up' for tomorrow- hopefully not 5 substitutions all at pretty much the same time.

I wonder who will be on tomorrow night who didn't get to play at Airdrie?

Ah, Tuesday night cargo :thinking:

I expect the starting eleven to be....
That near sell by can of Tennents at the back of the fridge, with the 4-4-2 methinks and go with Four Marston Pedigrees-Four Wychwood Hobgoblins-Two large Tamnavulins uptop.

Midweek sobriety so the cargo is a large bag of Monster Munch washed down with a nicely chilled bottle of Fentemans Dandelion and Burdock :cool2:....smashin...2-0 Jags .

Yeap... a must win game. 

Looking at tonight"s fixtures Falkirk and Peterhead would be expected to win while the games at Cove and Montrose look a bit tighter! I am assuming Airdrie will try to bounce back after Saturday. 

A win tonight will make the League Table look very different and a 'shock result'at Falkirk would make the Table look even better. 

It's important we start on the front foot instead of "waking up' in the second half.  

Only three things worry me about tonight's game.  Firstly, I think Forfar will try to go for it and not be as negative as we think, Secondly we are expected to win and  finally  we are Partick Thistle! 

This is a game we should romp so  c'mon Jags let's be predictable for a change and get stuck in from the start. A big chance to improve our goal difference, but any win will do for me!

Every league game is a must-win, simple as that.

And every one not won means players and/or management haven't done their job properly, simple as that.

Really is time to put or shut up for all involved; or get out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Midweek sobriety so the cargo is a large bag of Monster Munch washed down with a nicely chilled bottle of Fentemans Dandelion and Burdock :cool2:....smashin...2-0 Jags .

So your the one that buys Dandelion and Burdock

Got an email from the club saying the game is being streamed tonight in partnership with QTV Sports and Stream Digital.

You access the stream through the same place (ptfcpass) and the log in details are the same. Not sure how this will change the end product, sometimes the stream can be a bit poor when watching it on the big screen so hopefully this change will resolve that.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Dandelion & Burdock is the thinking person's Vimto. 

eta For the  connoisseur, Currie's of Auchinleck produced the "rolls royce" of dandelion & burdock.

Never tried Currie’s but thanks for the tip .

3 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

So your the one that buys Dandelion and Burdock

Guilty as charged m’lud ....Barr’s still do it I think and used the slogan “ tall,dark and drinksome” a few years ago ! .

1 hour ago, Albert's Ghost said:

I just tip-toed to the wine cellar.  Is it too early to start drinking?

Slightly early if you're having one in the house before going oot the morra.

2 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

I just tip-toed to the wine cellar.  Is it too early to start drinking?

i started drinking soon as a seen all the changes from Saturday 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Interesting line up. Not sure what to make of that... 

I want a 4 nil so if you can pop off to toilet a couple of times each half.  :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Nice to see the Doc back in midfield but gutted Tiff doesn’t get the  nod .....McCall’s mind work in strange ways .

If we win, he is using the squad well. Lose and he doesn't know what he is doing. :thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1

Can't work out why Brownlie and Tiffoney dropped. Hope it doesn't backfire on us. Particularly going to miss Tiffoney's pace.