E Fife Away

westertonjagfan

As you might expect from the 3rd Division in Scotland, it's a pretty poor league.

We don't appear to be covering ourselves in much glory but that late goal might just be the one that's gets us a play-off place and maybe even promoted.

I don't give an f about how unlucky EF think they were. We've been done by far too many late goals, so let's just make the most of this one.

For the moment, I'll give the management team the benefit of the doubt and am hopeful we could still get second place.

• Like 1

Just now, CotterJag said:

As you might expect from the 3rd Division in Scotland, it's a pretty poor league.

We don't appear to be covering ourselves in much glory but that late goal might just be the one that's gets us a play-off place and maybe even promoted.

I don't give an f about how unlucky EF think they were. We've been done by far too many late goals, so let's just make the most of this one.

For the moment, I'll give the management team the benefit of the doubt and am hopeful we could still get second place.

Benefit of the doubt????? Hahahahaha

Not good enough. Poor poor first half. Looked like a schoolyard kick about with 20 guys chasing the ball. No cover in defence, silly mistakes, heart stopping moments of ineptitude. Up front there's no one to just toe poke the ball in through a crowded penalty area. Some total sitters missed. Poor quality football.Who would ever have thought a 2-2 draw with a last minute equaliser could be un-entertaining?

Edited by West Ender
spelling

13 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Benefit of the doubt????? Hahahahaha

It might seem a strange comment to make but I've long since accepted how poor we are.

We don't have many good players but it would be crazy if we did, because of the league we're in.

If we somehow get ourselves out of this mess and get up this year, I'm pretty sure this management team would do better with the improved team that we surely need.

This mob wouldn't last two minutes in the Championship regardless of the manager.

1 minute ago, CotterJag said:

I welcomed McCall’s appointment but it’s clear I was wrong. How can you give them the benefit of the doubt... how much more evidence is needed? A full time squad that cannot beat part time teams sone of whom have played more games than us, including the opposition tonight who played extra time on Saturday... we huffed and puffed in that second half and we’re lucky to get a point. 
I hope your patience is rewarded but I’ve lost faith

Just now, CotterJag said:

It might seem a strange comment to make but I've long since accepted how poor we are.

We don't have many good players but it would be crazy if we did, because of the league we're in.

If we somehow get ourselves out of this mess and get up this year, I'm pretty sure this management team would do better with the improved team that we surely need.

This mob wouldn't last two minutes in the Championship regardless of the manager.

Our squad on paper is easily best or 2nd best in the league, it’s also that in pay packet.

Total disgrace where this clubs ended up over last 3 years

2 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

Gentle reminder: we're not actually even qualifying for the play-offs as things stand. We're barely qualifying for the top half post split.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

1 minute ago, CotterJag said:

Look at the squad the current management team have built - it’s shocking. Full of duds and players well past their prime. And you’d trust them to build a squad in a higher league? Last time they did that we got relegated. Time to face facts - the 3 of them should be sacked. Tonight. Pay them off in instalments - we did that before with a manager who didn’t have a clue and was sacked. Who was that again....??

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Look at the squad the current management team have built - it’s shocking. Full of duds and players well past their prime. And you’d trust them to build a squad in a higher league? Last time they did that we got relegated. Time to face facts - the 3 of them should be sacked. Tonight. Pay them off in instalments - we did that before with a manager who didn’t have a clue and was sacked. Who was that again....??

We never sacked him, he was on garden leave (still being paid) right up till he became our assistant 

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Scunnered by the result, the performance, the set up, the management team, the board and the whole club in fact, including some fans who applauded the last minute equalizer as if we’d equalized against Barcelona 

There’s a sense of entitlement running through the club, from the boardroom to the management team to the players. Bigger than we are. Living in the past (including the 1921 cup win never mind the “recent” one 50 years ago). No acknowledgement we’ve been overtaken by teams like Ross C, ICT, Livingston etc. Like any business that focuses on the past it’s doomed.

3 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

There’s a sense of entitlement running through the club, from the boardroom to the management team to the players. Bigger than we are. Living in the past (including the 1921 cup win never mind the “recent” one 50 years ago). No acknowledgement we’ve been overtaken by teams like Ross C, ICT, Livingston etc. Like any business that focuses on the past it’s doomed.

We are about to be over taken by Cove (3years in league) and Airdrie and Clyde who are both still a very pale shadow of their former selves 

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We never sacked him, he was on garden leave (still being paid) right up till he became our assistant 

Seriously? I thought he was sacked but we couldn’t afford the payoff in one go. Was that another lie from the boardroom?

I can understand the unhappiness with McColl and I think he is the wrong man for the job too.  He got lucky with the last minute equaliser. But the issue is bigger than McColl. We are a club that has lost direction. From top six in Premier to being (almost) happy with a draw to get us to 5th place in League One. The club clearly lacks leadership  and governance leading to poor decision making. We need to change more than just a manager.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Scunnered by the result, the performance, the set up, the management team, the board and the whole club in fact, including some fans who applauded the last minute equalizer as if we’d equalized against Barcelona 

Can you do that digitally? 

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Yip on Twitter an FB lauding the last gasp equalizer 

So what. Would you rather we didn't score to equalise? No matter how bad we play ill always be pleased if we score. I wasn't exactly dancing around the living room but its a small mercy in these dark times

8 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

So what. Would you rather we didn't score to equalise? No matter how bad we play ill always be pleased if we score. I wasn't exactly dancing around the living room but its a small mercy in these dark times

It yet again papers over the cracks that we should have been 4 or 5 down by halftime. 
Struggled to get a draw against Forfar, Cove and now East Fife.

The plan was promotion or win the league, we are in serious danger of being in bottom half split in 4 games time 

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It yet again papers over the cracks that we should have been 4 or 5 down by halftime. 
Struggled to get a draw against Forfar, Cove and now East Fife.

The plan was promotion or win the league, we are in serious danger of being in bottom half split in 4 games time 

Yes it papers over the cracks. However win the game in hand and we are third. I still think we will get in the play offs and hope I'm not proven wrong. I agree we are still a poor outfit though.

• Like 1

Completely agree we are a poor team in a poor league. What is frustrating though is that after a good result away at airdrie we had the chance to build confidence and momentum against Forfar and we blew it. Confidence is key, but right now we have a lot of overpaid underperforming footballers 

9 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Completely agree we are a poor team in a poor league. What is frustrating though is that after a good result away at airdrie we had the chance to build confidence and momentum against Forfar and we blew it. Confidence is key, but right now we have a lot of overpaid underperforming footballers 

And tonight, after a decent showing against a Premiership team confidence should have been high. Destroyed in that first half once more.