Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyhouston

Are we allowed in for Dunfermline cup game ?

Recommended Posts

Hopefully our defenders will have been inspired by Chiellini and Bonucci. Real defenders who love and celebrate defending, and spread inspiration from front to back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What worries me most is that we looked to be back to the pre-East Fife level

There was very little teamwork, no pace and little desire. Tactically there was no plan B ... just lump it into Big Graham and hope for the best. This year, of all years, I hope that McCall was not considering the league cup as a pre-season friendly competition. It is going to be very hard to qualify from here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What worries me most is that we looked to be back to the pre-East Fife level

There was very little teamwork, no pace and little desire. Tactically there was no plan B ... just lump it into Big Graham and hope for the best. This year, of all years, I hope that McCall was not considering the league cup as a pre-season friendly competition. It is going to be very hard to qualify from here.

Admittedly I've only seen the highlights, but while naturally there were some hopeful crosses aimed at Graham, who got in a couple of (fairly weak) headed efforts from them, there was some good overall movement and fast attacks up front.

For me it's the defensive play, perhaps also the covering midfield efforts, that need to be looked at by all concerned. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What worries me most is that we looked to be back to the pre-East Fife level

There was very little teamwork, no pace and little desire. Tactically there was no plan B ... just lump it into Big Graham and hope for the best. This year, of all years, I hope that McCall was not considering the league cup as a pre-season friendly competition. It is going to be very hard to qualify from here.

Yep and I think Dunfermline will be awarded 3 points tomorrow as I don’t think Dumbarton players will be recovered from Covid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Yep and I think Dunfermline will be awarded 3 points tomorrow as I don’t think Dumbarton players will be recovered from Covid 

I don't have a solution but these match concessions come down heavier on the smaller clubs. They have smaller squads and are likely to have limited youth players available. One of the features of the new League Cup format has been lower ranked clubs often progressing from the group stage. Hopefully no more teams have to forfeit games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2021 at 11:20 AM, Third Lanark said:

Yep and I think Dunfermline will be awarded 3 points tomorrow as I don’t think Dumbarton players will be recovered from Covid 

Dunfermline Athletic are playing St Mirren this evening. 

It's Dumbarton who are playing Stenhousemuir this midweek.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G SUS said:

Dunfermline Athletic are playing St Mirren this evening. 

It's Dumbarton who are playing Stenhousemuir this midweek.

Thanks GRE I had all my dates mixed up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think we are the last to play Dumbarton, so no doubt we will be the only ones who don't get the 3-0 win

Don't worry: 5-0 on the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure the SFA have done their high quality super duper assured process of due diligence on Dumbarton’s owners :thinking:

Edited by gianlucatoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

a minimum of 2000 fans in outdoor stadia from July 19th … clubs can apply for more apparently 

But there doesn't appear to be any change in distancing requirements? If so, while the club can welcome up to 2,000 it might not be logistically possible to accommodate all the distancing requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, G SUS said:

But there doesn't appear to be any change in distancing requirements? If so, while the club can welcome up to 2,000 it might not be logistically possible to accommodate all the distancing requirements. 

Aberdeen have applied for permission to house over 8000 ... how are they separating the sheep up there :unknw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Aberdeen have applied for permission to house over 8000 ... how are they separating the sheep up there :unknw:

They get dipped before they come in....:evil:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Aberdeen have applied for permission to house over 8000 ... how are they separating the sheep up there :unknw:

They have bigger stands plus the double tier stand behind the goal will help. Adding family groups will help increase numbers too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, G SUS said:

But there doesn't appear to be any change in distancing requirements? If so, while the club can welcome up to 2,000 it might not be logistically possible to accommodate all the distancing requirements. 

Social distancing is reduced to 1  metre ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Social distancing is reduced to 1  metre ?

Is it? Has that actually been confirmed anywhere for stadiums?

I’ve been hunting for it but can’t find anything anywhere! Where did you see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G SUS said:

They have bigger stands plus the double tier stand behind the goal will help. Adding family groups will help increase numbers too. 

one seat in every five for us if we keep it at 2000 … one seat in every 2.7 for them … doesn’t add up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

one seat in every five for us if we keep it at 2000 … one seat in every 2.7 for them … doesn’t add up 

Diddy clubs like us are done on a different scale, didn't you know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×