Jags v Quuens

sandy

22 hours ago, javeajag said:

This actually very impressive ….our best clean sheet season ever ?

60477A52-4CE2-4846-A1D2-595A831E5B44.jpeg

Rotherham conceded tonight.  That leaves the big three out on their own.

Edited to add:

As  you were, it's a cup game they're playing.

Edited by BowenBoys
Oops!
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

It would be disappointing if despite having our best-ever shut-out season ever we still failed to get promoted.....

Indeed. In true Thistle style as well. In his interview following the 6-1 game at Hamilton, McCall stated that we may not get promoted but we're sure to score goals for fun. Kinda like saying our weak point may be in us shifting too many goals at the other end. After that statement we of course followed with those three goalless draws. In the 18 league games we've played since yon grand night at NDP we've scored 18 goals. We've moved up the table scoring a mere average of a goal a game (we were on 2.5+ a game previously!).  As I say a very Thistle thing to do. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Indeed. In true Thistle style as well. In his interview following the 6-1 game at Hamilton, McCall stated that we may not get promoted but we're sure to score goals for fun. Kinda like saying our weak point may be in us shifting too many goals at the other end. After that statement we of course followed with those three goalless draws. In the 18 league games we've played since yon grand night at NDP we've scored 18 goals. We've moved up the table scoring a mere average of a goal a game (we were on 2.5+ a game previously!).  As I say a very Thistle thing to do. 

And 13 clean sheets in the league and 1 in the Scottish Cup. If my counting is correct (happy to be corrected)

Our first quarter 5 wins and 4 losses was more productive points wise (15) than our third quarter 3 wins 5 draws 1 defeat (14). We reached the 14 by winning our last 2 games, otherwise the return would have been paltry indeed. 

Winning and losing is much better than drawing. Clean sheets (and even more so 0-0 draws) are over-rated!

37 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Our first quarter 5 wins and 4 losses was more productive points wise (15) than our third quarter 3 wins 5 draws 1 defeat (14). We reached the 14 by winning our last 2 games, otherwise the return would have been paltry indeed. 

Winning and losing is much better than drawing. Clean sheets (and even more so 0-0 draws) are over-rated!

3rd quarter fixtures are the same set as 1st Quarter fixtures so because we still have an away game at Dunfermline to play we are at the moment on 2 Wins 5 Draws and 1 defeat  for 11 points but we could end up getting to 14 points.

If anyone is looking for small sign of optimism our 4th quarter fixtures  mirror our 2nd Quarter fixtures. 2nd Quarter got our highest points tally so far (16). We've only played 1 game of the 4th Quarter (ICT at home) but we have bettered out 2nd Quarter result in that same fixture.

5 hours ago, partickthedog said:

However!

The 2 late equalisers for draws against Killie and Arbroath denied them 2 points each. That could be vital.

Going back to the ICT game. If ever there was a case for believing in Karma it was that game.

Billy Dodds in his after match interview said losing the goal so late in the game was a sore one and hard to take. The rest of his comments implied it was unfair on his players etc.

I was waiting on the balancing comment that ICT scored an even later goal, subject to a big deflection as well, 3 weeks earlier getting ICT a 3-3 draw.

Isn't Karma sweet when it's good (and especially with reference to Dundee's current plight. Seems I haven't moved on!!

I am really interested in statistics and trends etc and find the previous comments interesting. But to simplify matters would we accept a 1-0 victory in all of our remaining games? I would. I'll just phone IMC and order 9 x 1-0s!!

That will keep things simple.