Jags v Quuens

sandy

The changes at HT were certainly needed and made the difference as did Turner coming on.
Whilst I’m fine winning every game 1.0 for the rest of the season we've scored just  3 goals in the last 6 games, and all were scored by defenders! We really need the attacking players to start scoring and take some responsibility off the highly impressive defence 

and breathe....

Took 45 minutes to get going but in the end QoS were lucky it was only 1-0. 

I thought the penalty looked soft on first award but the replay showed the QoS defender had two handfuls of Smith's shirt. Definite penalty.

Turners best game of the season so far. Played a lot more centrally and that certainly got him on the ball more.

We'll need to grind out a few more of these as without Tiffoney we are struggling for pace and creativity. 

6 points ahead of 5th place with a game in hand suggests a playoff position is now the minimum return from this season

10 minutes ago, laukat said:

and breathe....

Took 45 minutes to get going but in the end QoS were lucky it was only 1-0. 

I thought the penalty looked soft on first award but the replay showed the QoS defender had two handfuls of Smith's shirt. Definite penalty.

Turners best game of the season so far. Played a lot more centrally and that certainly got him on the ball more.

We'll need to grind out a few more of these as without Tiffoney we are struggling for pace and creativity. 

6 points ahead of 5th place with a game in hand suggests a playoff position is now the minimum return from this season

Some difference if Turner is played in his natural position. 

Turner completely changed the game his composure and picking out the right pass was an absolute ******* joy to watch after that first half. And as people have said it looked very natural to him, because it his best position. Would like to see him start and on of Banzo or Doc drop out the team. 
Having 2 defensivish midfielders in the team maybe works when you have attacking fullbacks, we don’t.

First 35 mins were dreadful, we looked even worse when we changed to a 4312, Banzo out on the left of a 3 with Murray in behind the front 2? seriously? so surprised McCall changed to that. Forwards had hee haw service in the first half and with the change in shape I don’t blame them for not having a clue where the ball was coming from. Let’s be honest, Murray shouldn’t be anywhere near the team, every game he plays for us he ends up being the first sub, Smith isn’t too far behind. We’d have been better with Hendrie out on the left for natural width. Said to my mates BBG and Turner will be on at ht or shortly after and we’ll score. Didn’t ever feel we would concede a goal, we look pretty solid,  just need to try and get Tiff back if we want to win this league as it’s there for the taking.  All we’ve done tonight is buy ourselves a ticket to the dance! let’s go. we got this.

Edited by jags on tour

22 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Turner completely changed the game his composure and picking out the right pass was an absolute ******* joy to watch after that first half. And as people have said it looked very natural to him, because it his best position. Would like to see him start and on of Banzo or Doc drop out the team. 
Having 2 defensivish midfielders in the team maybe works when you have attacking fullbacks, we don’t.

Turner in. Crawford out. 

23 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

First 35 mins were dreadful, we looked even worse when we changed to a 4312, Banzo out on the left of a 3 with Murray in behind the front 2? seriously? so surprised McCall changed to that. Forwards had hee haw service in the first half and with the change in shape I don’t blame them for not having a clue where the ball was coming from. Let’s be honest, Murray shouldn’t be anywhere near the team, every game he plays for us he ends up being the first sub, Smith isn’t too far behind. We’d have been better with Hendrie out on the left for natural width. Said to my mates BBG and Turner will be on at ht or shortly after and we’ll score. Didn’t ever feel we would concede a goal, we look pretty solid,  just need to try and get Tiff back if we want to win this league as it’s there for the taking.  All we’ve done tonight is bought ourselves a ticket to the dance! let’s go. we got this.

I thought Murray played really well at the weekend and deserved to be in the team. I blame McCall for how bad we were in the first half. It’s funny when he joined Thistle he said the imbalance of our team was a big problem, I still feel like it is and feel like he wants to play to many boys who can play the ball around up to the oppositions box and then have nothing.  The boy from Dundee is one of the most frustrating players I’ve ever watched to be honest, big strong and actually has a bit of skill about him. Pure confidence player though !

He sets the formation to get players in the team more than he does to be most effective imo. Don’t know why I’m complaining that first half really drained me.

kevin Holt is becoming a big favourite of mine though Mr Dependable.

Edited by Thistle88

8 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Turner in. Crawford out. 

Crawfords better in the middle also. Playing at right mid isn’t getting the best out of him either.! 
                                      Sneddon

Akinola    Mayo       Holt

foster.                       Bannigan.            Hendrie 

Turner             Crawford

Graham         Jakubiak

I want to see this but I know it won’t happen haha.

We were very poor in the first half. Second half we improved and ground out the win. I feel most games will be like that until the end of the season as every club in the league still has something to play for. Holt has been one of our best signings this season imo.

Definitely a game of two halves. First was truly woeful, and I think I witnessed the longest series of nonchalant, useless, sideways and backwards passes inside our own half that I've ever seen. And inevitably, the final punt led to us losing possession. As yet again did our kick-off "tactic" of pass back, punt, give the opposition a shy and immediate possession. Bizarre.

Much better at half-time. Was happy to see the back of Murray and Crawford, and Turner was quite simply terrific. McCall certainly got the subs right. Some great footwork by Graham to get into that scoring position, and on another day we might have won it by 3 or 4  goals. The defence looked more composed and focused too in the second half.

In an interview a few weeks back McCall hinted that we were trying to do "something special......" Who knows?