Sign in to follow this  
Thistle88

Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

This is every close season Groundhog Day thread …..

no signings so nothing is happening therefore we have no idea what we are doing and we are doomed ! 

just because we haven’t announced signings does not mean things are not being done behind the scenes and the transfer window isn’t open yet …. Let’s wait see what the squad looks like in august

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

This is every close season Groundhog Day thread …..

no signings so nothing is happening therefore we have no idea what we are doing and we are doomed ! 

just because we haven’t announced signings does not mean things are not being done behind the scenes and the transfer window isn’t open yet …. Let’s wait see what the squad looks like in august

I think to generate ST interest we should be getting some signings in. 650 sold in 1st week after announcing McMillan. Another signing would keep momentum going.

It'll be interesting to see how ST sales go. Not just with us but across the country. Just to get near to last season's level will be some achievement. Cost of travel, travel problems, general inflation, you name it, lot of obstacles about.     

23 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think to generate ST interest we should be getting some signings in. 650 sold in 1st week after announcing McMillan. Another signing would keep momentum going.

Sure but let’s see 

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It'll be interesting to see how ST sales go. Not just with us but across the country. Just to get near to last season's level will be some achievement. Cost of travel, travel problems, general inflation, you name it, lot of obstacles about.     

I don't think that will be a huge impact IMHO.  People pick and choose what they spend their disposable income on.   

35 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I don't think that will be a huge impact IMHO.  People pick and choose what they spend their disposable income on.   

That was part of my point. Many ST holders can't get to Firhill without incurring increased travel expenses. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Everything on this site does indeed seem…er…”quiet at the moment”….er…they’re’s hardly a post…..stirring…it’s …just so..oooooooo…

zzzzzzzzz……..zzzzzzzzzz……zzzzzzzzzzz…….zzzzz….zzzzzzzzzz……..zzzzzzzzzzz…….zzzzzzzzzzz………zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

Zinadine Zidane!

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That was part of my point. Many ST holders can't get to Firhill without incurring increased travel expenses. 

No kidding.  $450 just to get there.  And $850 if I want to get home!

2 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

No kidding.  $450 just to get there.  And $850 if I want to get home!

That sounds pretty decent.

Probably cost me more to drive up and back from Corby.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Zinadine Zidane!

I was thinking Bjork who sang that ‘oh so quiet’ sing that turned noisy. Perhaps Zizou had a bit part in the video

I think Lawless is a decent signing. Can play on either wing and does provide creativity.

I would hope that if we can hold onto Tiffoney and bring in a younger winger (Fitzpatrick?) we should have decent competition as well as options from the bench.

Certainly an upgrade on Conor Murray, Kyle Mcallister or  Jake Hastie

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Lawless returns.  Which ex Jag next?

Not sure about this one.

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Not sure about this one.

He plays in positions we're not strong in. My only concern is age related. As long as we sign younger players to compensate I've no problem with this. Stevie's maybe a more level headed fella these days. He was made captain at Dunfermline, albeit by John Hughes

Welcome back Stevie. A Thistle Legend who at 31, should still offer us good service as well as experience

• Like 2

I think its harsh to judge Lawless on last season. Something clearly went wrong at Motherwell leading to him leaving after the transfer window closed. In turn he pitched up at Dunfermline having played 25 minutes of football and with no game time at all between August and January.

He's then going into a Dunfermline team who for various reasons are a mess. To my mind when Dunfermline played well it was mainly down to him. When we lost 3-1 at East End Park he tore us apart.

At 31 years old he's clearly still young enough. He played every game for Dunfermline from January all the way through so he's clearly still fit enough. I think he has just setup his own footballing academy so potentially he could be like Muirhead a relatively cheap option.

I would still like to see another younger wide player or two sign as I suspect we will lose Tiffoney in the January transfer window and we need at least cover for injuries. Ideally we get a young player in and Lawless is used as cover or from the bench.

I am not sure about Lawless either but he has to be given a chance since we have now signed him. However, we still lack pace, I feel. and hope that will be addressed with other signings.