Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

I think Lawless is a decent signing. Can play on either wing and does provide creativity.

I would hope that if we can hold onto Tiffoney and bring in a younger winger (Fitzpatrick?) we should have decent competition as well as options from the bench.

Certainly an upgrade on Conor Murray, Kyle Mcallister or  Jake Hastie

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Not sure about this one.

He plays in positions we're not strong in. My only concern is age related. As long as we sign younger players to compensate I've no problem with this. Stevie's maybe a more level headed fella these days. He was made captain at Dunfermline, albeit by John Hughes

I think its harsh to judge Lawless on last season. Something clearly went wrong at Motherwell leading to him leaving after the transfer window closed. In turn he pitched up at Dunfermline having played 25 minutes of football and with no game time at all between August and January.

He's then going into a Dunfermline team who for various reasons are a mess. To my mind when Dunfermline played well it was mainly down to him. When we lost 3-1 at East End Park he tore us apart.

At 31 years old he's clearly still young enough. He played every game for Dunfermline from January all the way through so he's clearly still fit enough. I think he has just setup his own footballing academy so potentially he could be like Muirhead a relatively cheap option.

I would still like to see another younger wide player or two sign as I suspect we will lose Tiffoney in the January transfer window and we need at least cover for injuries. Ideally we get a young player in and Lawless is used as cover or from the bench.

18 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

A legend? Hahahahaha

Was a key player in our promotion back to the Premier League. In terms of gaining legendary status at Firhill, we have not been in a semi final of a major domestic cup for 20 years so winning the league is as close as it gets. The 2012/13 season will live long in my memory

I don’t mind Lawless.

In our game against Dunfermline at Firhill towards the end of the season he was their most determined player and was central to everything positive they created. Saying that, l thought Bannigan marked him out of the game for the most part.

If nothing else l think we have someone who is capable of being creative and doesn’t mind getting stuck in when need be. Given the wingers we had on loan last season that already puts him ahead of the game!

35 minutes ago, east end jag said:

I don’t mind Lawless.

In our game against Dunfermline at Firhill towards the end of the season he was their most determined player and was central to everything positive they created. Saying that, l thought Bannigan marked him out of the game for the most part.

If nothing else l think we have someone who is capable of being creative and doesn’t mind getting stuck in when need be. Given the wingers we had on loan last season that already puts him ahead of the game!

My cat would be ahead of the game against the players McCall brought in on loan!

• Haha 1

Not overly thrilled or disappointed to be honest.. Sort of know what your getting with Stevie, on his day he’s a very good player.

The Most positive thing about him signing is the fact it could maybe bring the best out of Banzo, those 2 brought the best out of each other especially when we had ATS on the left playing alongside them. Hopefully Milne can have a similar affect alongside them. 

Teams still crying out for some pace !!