Sign in to follow this  
Thistle88

Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

33 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Robbie Crawford departs.  Wonder if to free a wage up for another signing.

I agree with McCall re priorities being in other positions but that begs the question of why we signed the lad in the first place. The need to strengthen in other areas was even more evident back then. That right flank partnership of McKenna and Crawford was lucky if it was up to League Two standard. More it highlights the need to have adequate cover in all areas. Last season the right side attacking mid relied solely on Hastie then McAllister with no back up. 

We've got the goalkeeper and defence more or less well covered. Attacking central midfield likewise. We lack an understudy for Tiffoney and player with pace down the right wing. I think Fitzpatrick could be a useful signing as he can cover a few attacking options. With the likes of Lawless and Graham in the squad we need to compensate with genuine pace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Yeah but he’s rumoured to be going to Hartlepool 

There was also a rumour he might be coming to us.

14 minutes ago, dunnikierjag said:

He has signed for Hartlepool

They also signed Reighan Tumilty from Raith. 

I hope Hartlepool fail miserably I can’t stand Hartley.

Does (Lebanon’s) Lennons ** son play for our academy then ? I actually didn’t know this ! What’s he like ?

Edited by Thistle88

On 6/24/2022 at 1:26 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I agree with McCall re priorities being in other positions but that begs the question of why we signed the lad in the first place. The need to strengthen in other areas was even more evident back then. That right flank partnership of McKenna and Crawford was lucky if it was up to League Two standard. More it highlights the need to have adequate cover in all areas. Last season the right side attacking mid relied solely on Hastie then McAllister with no back up. 

We've got the goalkeeper and defence more or less well covered. Attacking central midfield likewise. We lack an understudy for Tiffoney and player with pace down the right wing. I think Fitzpatrick could be a useful signing as he can cover a few attacking options. With the likes of Lawless and Graham in the squad we need to compensate with genuine pace.

Seemingly the searing pace of 38yr old Chris Burke is on his way to Firhill !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Strangely not that as upset as I maybe should be about this, I watched Burke a few times last season and he still is still one of the better players in this division. 

McDonald and Miller did OK. There are 38 year olds and there are 38 year olds. If he still has the fitness, he certainly has the experience. (And he knows how to score at Firhill)

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

McDonald and Miller did OK. There are 38 year olds and there are 38 year olds. If he still has the fitness, he certainly has the experience. (And he knows how to score at Firhill)

I’ve always hated him playing against us ! Always has a decent game or a good impact coming on from the bench. He’s a always a ginger, gingers have inhumane fitness levels.

42 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Chris Burke is a terrific player.  Should have one more season in him at this level.  But which Thistle legend would he replace?

Stevie Fulton 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sandy said:

Stevie Fulton 

When it comes to over the hill signings that one is definitely in the top 3

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

To be fair McCall did say he was looking to lower the average age of the players and sign a very pacy fast winger- so this does tick both of those boxes :lol:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

To be fair McCall did say he was looking to lower the average age of the players and sign a very pacy fast winger- so this does tick both of those boxes :lol:

if he is played on the right will that make him a right burke :happy2:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Gotta strong feeling that McCall 's next move will be to talk Gavin Swankie into turning full time. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, laukat said:

I know he was at Raith Rovers last year but I can't remember if he was any good?

Partick Thistle eye another Rangers transfer as Ibrox youngster wanted at Firhill - Glasgow Live

Fairly sure Williamson is a lightweight central midfielder. So almost certainly be coming to Firhill

I’m quite surprised Stephen Hendrie hasn’t found a club yet, I’m assuming we let him go, and gave him a short deal because McCall had planned ahead with bringing Milne in. But I feel like he was actually one of better performers in the games he played. Especially the last ditch tackle I remember! Hope he goes down south and not to another championship team.

2 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

I’m quite surprised Stephen Hendrie hasn’t found a club yet, I’m assuming we let him go, and gave him a short deal because McCall had planned ahead with bringing Milne in. But I feel like he was actually one of better performers in the games he played. Especially the last ditch tackle I remember! Hope he goes down south and not to another championship team.

It was rumoured he was joining Queens Park recently