Norgethistle

The Jags Foundation

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I think their statement was slightly different from the due diligence TJF was going to carry out. Didn’t it say they saw the draft audited accounts and Management Accounts ? As you say how in depth their review was is anybody’s guess really. It is strange they were granted access and TJF were denied it. 

These were exactly what we asked for and were denied 

5 hours ago, stolenscone said:

As an aside, I expect that the Thistle supporter who was threatened with legal action will be relieved to know they're not having to use up holidays attending court. It's a classy way to treat a fellow human.

Try supporters. 

There was more than 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

These were exactly what we asked for and were denied 

I know it is hard to believe, but in this instance I am supporting TJF. I suspect your scrutiny would have been more thorough.

6 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I think their statement was slightly different from the due diligence TJF was going to carry out. Didn’t it say they saw the draft audited accounts and Management Accounts ? As you say how in depth their review was is anybody’s guess really. It is strange they were granted access and TJF were denied it. 

No. Here is what the PTFC Trust statement says.

image.thumb.png.da081b197bd38f53fe1b71c31cf01c49.png

The most recent management accounts and a cashflow statement for the current season were exactly what we asked for.

Peter Shand told us, in June, in no uncertain terms, that we would not get this under any circumstances.

6 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Weren’t the Trust supposed to be giving an interview to the Evening Times today ? 
But I agree with you and others re Lows intent to stay on. What’s in it for her ?

Where was that mentioned? Not seen it posted 

25 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

Did anyone from the Trust or TJF agree to go on Graham Spiers' podcast?

Yes the Foundation had a couple of board members on it. The Trust was absent as expected 

I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the Trust is willing to speak to Graham Spiers without TJF present. 

They seem happy to occasionally give interviews so long as there isn't anyone in the room with enough knowledge of events to pin them down to answer a challenging question.

16 hours ago, fifexile said:

I'd like to hear him and Low questioned by Spiers which is why it will never happen unless they can say 'no comment it's commercially sensitive' at every turn.

Or 'legally privileged' or whatever obfuscation it was they used about Colin Weir's wishes.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What was the gist of the discussion ?

I think for most of us who know the ins and outs of the story it was a recap, but the Jags Foundation guys came across well and importantly it was refreshing to have a relative outsider (Spiers) giving an unbiased view on the ridiculousness of it all. He was very clear that the whole transfer stinks.

If I had a criticism it would be that Spiers could perhaps have sketched out the full timeline a bit better to make the narrative easier to follow for newcomers. Hard to do though, when it’s such a murky tale.

And of course having representation from PTFC Trust or the club board would have been ideal but they didn’t respond. He wants to get their view too and I’ll certainly be tuning in to that if he manages to track them down, though I don’t hold out a lot of hope.

34 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

I think for most of us who know the ins and outs of the story it was a recap, but the Jags Foundation guys came across well and importantly it was refreshing to have a relative outsider (Spiers) giving an unbiased view on the ridiculousness of it all. He was very clear that the whole transfer stinks.

If I had a criticism it would be that Spiers could perhaps have sketched out the full timeline a bit better to make the narrative easier to follow for newcomers. Hard to do though, when it’s such a murky tale.

And of course having representation from PTFC Trust or the club board would have been ideal but they didn’t respond. He wants to get their view too and I’ll certainly be tuning in to that if he manages to track them down, though I don’t hold out a lot of hope.

Thanks. Shame it was on such a niche platform rather than mainstream media. Lets hope that they start to catch up, especially if they start to think there is a story in it.

1 hour ago, MarciaBlaine said:

Didn't hear the podcast but to be fair to Spiers he asked the other day on Twitter (Facebook?) for info re this matter. So he probably wasn't in a position to formulate an accurate timeline as such. Hopefully he now has that info and his interest creates some momentum within the media.

19 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Didn't hear the podcast but to be fair to Spiers he asked the other day on Twitter (Facebook?) for info re this matter. So he probably wasn't in a position to formulate an accurate timeline as such. Hopefully he now has that info and his interest creates some momentum within the media.

Just listened to the podcast. Pretty sure that Spiers won't sit on this & it may galvanise some other media outlets

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hopeless Unbeliever said:

I thought it was Thursday but there was definitely something there. Doesn't appear to be there any more though. 

Just scrolled through the posts. If you click on the link LIB posted about 11.30pm on Tuesday it says that the Trust agreed to an interview with the Herald and Times Sport on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Just scrolled through the posts. If you click on the link LIB posted about 11.30pm on Tuesday it says that the Trust agreed to an interview with the Herald and Times Sport on Thursday.

Interview was yesterday and will be published on Sunday.