Thistle v Cove Rangers

Albert's Ghost

31 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Ian McCall is is a 6th place consolidation manager at best. Completely lacks the where-with-all to achieve anything higher than that. 

Archie and Scally are ridiculous. Three managers for a team of our size! The fact Archibald came crawling back after he'd been given the sack tells me absolutely everything about his character. I don't know how a player could possibly respect him. 

I honestly regret buying tickets for the Rangers game now. An absolute hiding incoming! 

What we seem to be witnessing is a coaching team in meltdown because they refuse to accept how professional sport must be played now - using statistics and data analysis to support coaching. Poorer teams are capable of coming to Firhill and winning because they aren't led by dinosaurs trying to pretend the meteor isn't there. Time for the board to make difficult decisions, or the only trajectory can be downwards to the non-professionals.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

On the basis of this and the other games I've watched live, this is one of the poorest Thistle teams I think I've ever seen.

At least two thirds are below-average even at this shite level of football. Complete non-entities, who think that walking with the ball and then cutting back and passing sideways or backwards means having a good game.

I'll name those who should be released without doubt: Milne, McMillan. Hodson. Mullen, Turner (I really don't understand the adulation he gets).

Thank you, but your now well past making a difference at this level: Bannigan, Graham.

Clear this, and start again.

We must start again but certainly not with the same management team .

McCall and Co have had 3 years to build something whether that’s giving the youngsters a pathway to the first team or by scouting good players .

It’s not happened and without doubt it’s time for a change .

Let the management team go now and start building for next season.

• Like 2

McCall and his 2 assistants offer no prospects for promotion, this season or next.  They have had ample time to prove their worth, but have failed.

There is no urgent need to find a new manager (we are unlikely to be relegated), and so the Board should start looking around, take their time, and find someone who is (a) not an ex Thistle player, and (b) someone outside Scotland who can offer something different to the tired old regulars who operate in Scotland.  Reducing the management team from the current 3 plus the new, regular income from TJF will help.

I have been reluctant (like many I suspect) to call for a change, but enough is enough.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Really regretting deciding to go to Mordor next week. 

We are going to get absolutely hammered. 

I’m afraid, that I won’t be going to sit and watch us get humped by that mob, without any real expectation of us laying a glove on them. In fact. Our performances in the last three games have been so dire that I won’t be returning unless there is a big change in the way we approach games!

42 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

The performance of the officials cannot disguise we’re going nowhere with the current management team … utterly rank rotten and devoid of any ideas 

Completely agree - from top to bottom there’s a laziness about firhill

an old pals act - where duds like Cammy smith are kept on no ambition shown or anything.

Players look like they had never met, unfit, second to every ball.  McCall Archie and scaly doing nothing.

Brian Graham comes on and gets himself sent off- disgraceful for a professional.

there’s a complete laziness and comyfness.  It’s all mates being appointed.  No ambition or anything 

• Like 4

Increasingly we look like a one trick pony team… either we have a fit Tiffoney and have a chance or….. nothing! 

McCall might be able to spot a player but he and his two assistants seem incapable of developing players and moulding a team. Compare us with QP who are an effective unit

Last time the wheels came off (the 0-4 v QP etc.) we got them back on.  Next week we lose N-0, with N being whatever Rangers care to make it, then away to Ayr, which I expect we'll lose, then away to Arbroath, the only team we've managed to better so far.  Lose that and I start to worry.  I'm depressed.

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Where does this myth come from, and where is any evidence for it ? How many of this squad would make a Championship team of the year ?

I suspect that the record in recruitment is pretty average, some good ones and some duds

I did say “might” but generally I think another manager would be getting more out of this squad. We’re agreed on McCall is not the answer, and to be fair that’s something you and others called out a long time ago, certainly before me. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Where does this myth come from, and where is any evidence for it ? How many of this squad would make a Championship team of the year ?

I suspect that the record in recruitment is pretty average, some good ones and some duds

50 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

What we seem to be witnessing is a coaching team in meltdown because they refuse to accept how professional sport must be played now - using statistics and data analysis to support coaching. Poorer teams are capable of coming to Firhill and winning because they aren't led by dinosaurs trying to pretend the meteor isn't there. Time for the board to make difficult decisions, or the only trajectory can be downwards to the non-professionals.

Jackie Mac started the Sports Science , Diet Management, Fitness Coaches etc , we’ve definitely regressed since then under the current management team .

• Like 1