Thistle v Cove Rangers

Albert's Ghost

Depends what Thistle team turns up … the good, the bad or the ugly.. 

Hopefully some returning from injury otherwise without the likes of Lawless, Tiffoney and Graham being consistently available we’re going to continue to struggle in the final third against most teams…… and run out of gas like last season except with more games to play..

The quiet transfer window, despite the ibrox money, seems ominous. 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Disagree, win, lose or draw this one and we will be mid table at the end of the season. Possibility of 4th but the top 3 are away and clear

That's why it is a must win game to at least make the play offs. So we are in agreement. This may be a first :-) 

With about 5 minutes to go in last weeks game Docherty and an Accies player collided. Doc went off the park for a minute or so but then came back on. Looked like a problem with his shoulder, hope it wasn't serious. If we want to stay top 4 for me it is a must win. Our last game at Firhill against Cove we were 2-0 up and cruising, we then lost 2 goals in about 5 minutes and ended up 2-2. Won't be easy but as i have already said if we want to stay top 4 , 3 points a must.

28 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

That's why it is a must win game to at least make the play offs. So we are in agreement. This may be a first 🙂

But whether we win lose or draw we can still make the playoffs, or fail to make the playoffs. What this isn’t is a must win game. It decides exactly bugger all.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But whether we win lose or draw we can still make the playoffs, or fail to make the playoffs. What this isn’t is a must win game. It decides exactly bugger all.

To use your expression 'it decides bugger all', but if we do have ambitions of getting into top 4 it will help.

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

In that case win, lose or draw we can still mathematically win the league. Ultimately I would prefer we won, irrespective of what happens further down the line. 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23294905.ian-mccall-insists-young-partick-thistle-bench-one-off/

“Only Ross Docherty, Anton Dowds and Cammy Smith will be out but everyone else should be fit,” said McCall. 

So looks like that last minute injury to Docherty’s shoulder was indeed bad.

Plus the manager has seen McAvoy play once and wants a loan player for the front line. 

8 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23294905.ian-mccall-insists-young-partick-thistle-bench-one-off/

“Only Ross Docherty, Anton Dowds and Cammy Smith will be out but everyone else should be fit,” said McCall. 

Plus the manager has seen McAvoy play once and wants a loan player for the front line. 

He's represented Scottish Youth teams about a dozen times so you'd be surprised if your manager hadn't seen him at least once before.

8 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Sneddon

McMillan Muirhead Holt Milne

McKinnon Bannigan Turner

Lawless Graham Fitzpatrick

Hodson for McKinnon and I think that's a likely starting line up. However I suspect knowing McCall speak some are fitter than others so Lawless and or Graham may only be subs.

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

He's represented Scottish Youth teams about a dozen times so you'd be surprised if your manager hadn't seen him at least once before.

Hodson for McKinnon and I think that's a likely starting line up. However I suspect knowing McCall speak some are fitter than others so Lawless and or Graham may only be subs.

Tiffoney still not fit enough for a start ?

44 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Tiffoney still not fit enough for a start ?

Unless Tiff is 100% fit I wouldn't start him ahead of Fitzpatrick. Tiffoney may be better suited to coming off the bench till he's back to speed. Never thought a month or so ago I'd be saying this but I was impressed with the amount of running Fitzpatrick did last week, helping out in defence countless times. His final ball was poor but not much worse than Tiffoney's is when he's not fully fit. 

17 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Unless Tiff is 100% fit I wouldn't start him ahead of Fitzpatrick. Tiffoney may be better suited to coming off the bench till he's back to speed. Never thought a month or so ago I'd be saying this but I was impressed with the amount of running Fitzpatrick did last week, helping out in defence countless times. His final ball was poor but not much worse than Tiffoney's is when he's not fully fit. 

I fear that he will never be 100% fit and hasn’t been for ages. I think last week, it wasn’t the final ball that was the problem - it was the lack of decent recipients(if any) in the box. Tiffoney has the ability to do something on his own - not sure Fitzpatrick can.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:35 PM, JAG1970 said:

So just 2 players missing really? 😁

Bar one sublime moment the last 100 or so minutes we've played against Cove were every bit as bad as last week's debacle. Even with their new tosspot in charge, the Cove players will not exactly be quaking in their boots because they're facing us.  

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett