McCall Sacked

elevenone

12 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Are you joking - we are a point away from a play off spot ? 

We were sitting top of the table at one point during the season and have slumped to fifth.

Recent league performances have been dreadful - we’re you at the Hamilton or Cove games? What about the QP games?

I know he’s a mate of yours but football is results driven. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

As I’m one of the board, and was there with 6 other members of the board, I can assure you none of us were ‘wasted’ but if you’d like to name who, plus who you are we can have a further discussion on it. 

Maybe rather than count up who drank what you could ask your fellow board members if they think that the members of TJF would like to know what the f is going on ? 

I think this is a terrible decision, shabbily executed. and I hope we don't regret it! This does not reflect well on the club and I look forward to a fuller explanation.

I am on record supporting IMC and wanting him to remain as Manager but I am first and foremost a Partick Thistle supporter.  

As far as the timing is concerned it would have made perfect sense to me if the Board (whoever they are) had brought in someone new to the club.  Such an appointment would have given the new manager the rest of the season to assess the players and decide who to keep and who to release.

Doolan must have some idea of the strengths and weaknesses of the players so the timing is to say the least strange.

I suspect IMC and his assistants are the victims  of the power struggles at Firhill. IMC enjoyed a lot of influence with Jacqui Low and her Bosrd and lost this influence when they were replaced.

Not a good start to fan ownership. I will though wish Kris Doolan all the best for the future.

Oh well at least Bobby Houston will be happy.

7 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We were sitting top of the table at one point during the season and have slumped to fifth.

Recent league performances have been dreadful - we’re you at the Hamilton or Cove games? What about the QP games?

I know he’s a mate of yours but football is results driven. 

Yes he is a mate - thats irrelevant 

who sacks a Manager in the hunt for a Play Off Spot who just earned the Club £200K in a Cup Tie -he doesnt get us promoted - misses a play off spot - fair enough - sack him - but why now ? To replace him with Dools ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I think this is a terrible decision, shabbily executed. and I hope we don't regret it! This does not reflect well on the club and I look forward to a fuller explanation.

I am on record supporting IMC and wanting him to remain as Manager but I am first and foremost a Partick Thistle supporter.  

As far as the timing is concerned it would have made perfect sense to me if the Board (whoever they are) had brought in someone new to the club.  Such an appointment would have given the new manager the rest of the season to assess the players and decide who to keep and who to release.

Doolan must have some idea of the strengths and weaknesses of the players so the timing is to say the least strange.

I suspect IMC and his assistants are the victims  of the power struggles at Firhill. IMC enjoyed a lot of influence with Jacqui Low and her Bosrd and lost this influence when they were replaced.

Not a good start to fan ownership. I will though wish Kris Doolan all the best for the future.

Oh well at least Bobby Houston will be happy.

McCall did not have a lot of influence with Jlo thats not correct 

29 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Are you joking - we are a point away from a play off spot ? 

and what - Dools is going to get us promoted ? 

My Arse there is more to this than couple of bad results 

As for finances - he just pulled in circa £200k from the Cup Tie 

this stinks to high heaven 

I didn’t say I even wanted McCall gone. Getting rid of someone experienced at this level at this point in the season is stupid.

Edited by Thistle88

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Yes he is a mate - thats irrelevant 

who sacks a Manager in the hunt for a Play Off Spot who just earned the Club £200K in a Cup Tie -he doesnt get us promoted - misses a play off spot - fair enough - sack him - but why now ? To replace him with Dools ? 

We got a play off spot last season and were gubbed. Recent league form has been poor and the odds on us getting a play off spot have been lengthening. It had gone stale and change was needed IMO.

Just now, Jimmy McD said:

So that's any money we have made from the game to day gone paying off our management team, wonder what would have happened if we had been drawn against Elgin City ????McColl could have still been in a job........

In simple terms we continue to pay them each Month - Dools gets a Salary Bump - so its not a Financial decision 

Brittain should follow McCall out of the door. It’s clear that today wasn’t  the reason for his sacking and therefor we have wasted a week in getting in a new manager who ideally would have been in situ tomorrow, now we have a rookie heading into a series of three tough away fixtures hoping we can get back into the play off spots. Shambles doesn’t go anywhere near covering it, he couldn’t even organise handing out balls and month old calendars to Ukrainian kids last week and he’s still in a job.

The players seemed to play for the manager today.. Very risky to sack the manager now.. I’m not exactly enthused about our league campaign but just at the moment when we’re getting everyone back fit and a point off a playoff seems odd timing. 

Throwing Dools in at short notice (was his return mere coincidence?) is no guarantee of improvement, and no mention of him “until the end of the season”… so suggests the board have been talking to someone else? If they haven’t then it looks really stupid. Not helped by who are they anyway? And about as communicative as Low. Off to a bad start…

On the other side though…

Looking back on McCalls post match interview on Saturday he looked a beaten man.. didn’t help himself with his comments about not caring about todays game. Ok, some managers are emotional after a game, but I thought his comments this Saturday saying - effectively - we were hard done by in the Cove game sounded desperate. I thought then he’d be gone by the end of the season but today’s performance gave me some hope, but looks like the decision was taken earlier in the week. If the board don’t have someone lined up (and not a Hughes, D Lennnon etc) then it looks very risky.

Over to the anonymous board to reveal themselves and their plan……

32 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

There’s no cost cutting going on. Nothing to do with money apparently. Was basically sacked after the last home game but given the chance to play rangers because he got us to that round.

If accurate that's truly a very Thistle way of going about things. It also would mean that Kris Doolan, who was I believe involved in Radio Scotland's coverage of our game today, almost certainly knew he was the Jags manager. We play Ayr next weekend and given McCall's connections with the BBC and the two clubs involved, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the Radio Scotland man at the match. Again, pure Thistle.

Btw having listened to both McCall's pre match chat at hospitality and his post match interview he gave absolutely nothing away to suggest he knew he was a dead man walking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If accurate that's truly a very Thistle way of going about things. It also would mean that Kris Doolan, who was I believe involved in Radio Scotland's coverage of our game today, almost certainly knew he was the Jags manager. We play Ayr next weekend and given McCall's connections with the BBC and the two clubs involved, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the Radio Scotland man at the match. Again, pure Thistle.

Btw having listened to both McCall's pre match chat at hospitality and his post match interview he gave absolutely nothing away to suggest he knew he was a dead man walking. 

I honestly don’t feel like McCall knew, I feel like they had made a decision last week (the board) and maybe decided.. Well he deserves a chance to cause an upset. I don’t know but I do know someone who rents a space in Thistles office and I know they are getting a decent investment from a new sponsor which is very lucrative.

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We are one point off the play offs ? 

No team in fourth place has even got past the third team in the Championship playoffs. Its really first or second to have a good chance of promotion. A target McCall set himself.