Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

Not a "core" element of Partick Thistle Football Club, this team epitomise everything you would want from a Thistle team. Pride, passion, guts and no little talent. They exhibit the values of Partick Thistle right to very core of them. 

An outstanding performance today, and with it our first point against one of the 'Big Three*', another significant landmark. A slight change in shape and they defended quite magnificently limiting Rangers to a mere handful of clear cut chances. 

I've not seen the disallowed goal back yet, but it looked a legitimate goal to me at the time and messages from people who saw it on TV would seem to confirm my real time impressions. 

If you are thinking of going to the Cup Final stop thinking about it and just get your ticket. I can't guarantee a Thistle win but I can guarantee that we have a realistic chance of doing just that. A big, noisy Thistle support would make a huge difference. The girls and coaching staff deserve that. 

*The Big Three were a 60s band. Cavern regulars alongside peers The Beatles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom Hosie said:

Not a "core" element of Partick Thistle Football Club, this team epitomise everything you would want from a Thistle team. Pride, passion, guts and no little talent. They exhibit the values of Partick Thistle right to very core of them. 

An outstanding performance today, and with it our first point against one of the 'Big Three*', another significant landmark. A slight change in shape and they defended quite magnificently limiting Rangers to a mere handful of clear cut chances. 

I've not seen the disallowed goal back yet, but it looked a legitimate goal to me at the time and messages from people who saw it on TV would seem to confirm my real time impressions. 

If you are thinking of going to the Cup Final stop thinking about it and just get your ticket. I can't guarantee a Thistle win but I can guarantee that we have a realistic chance of doing just that. A big, noisy Thistle support would make a huge difference. The girls and coaching staff deserve that. 

*The Big Three were a 60s band. Cavern regulars alongside peers The Beatles. 

This is a huge step forward. Congratulations to the team, the coaching staff and all others involved in numerous roles behind the scenes.

5 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Did not see the match but believe we had a goal disallowed which was a "genorous" decision to Rangers.

Well done to players and management again!

I saw the goal just now on Facebook. Unbelievable decision. The defender seemed to stumble in the penalty box and lost the ball, our player dispatched it in the corner of the goal. Absolutely no idea why yet another useless ref gave a decision against us 

⁷.8

8 minutes ago, elevenone said:

For those without Facebook, highlights here.  Disallowed goal from 1min 20secs in.    Truly a shocking decision.

Thanks for this.

We can add this decision to the  many ridiculous decisions given against us over the years by at best incompetent or at worst biased (and therefore by definition, dishonest referees.  I include the 3 decisions given against us at Dinwall. Sorry I am having difficulty moving on from this because I find it difficult to accept that any referee can be incompetent  to such an excessive degree.

On the positive side that was a wonderful performance by the ladies. Although aided by some poor finishing by rangers  and often on the back foot the ladies were determined, dogged and resilient.  The players constantly harassed the rangers forwards and forced them to take their chances first time and always under pressure. When they did get through they found an inspiring performance from out keeper. Easdon was so agile and assured. She must have given the defence confidence.

An excellent all round performance.

A big well done to players and management/coaches  and a big thank you for cheering me up after Livingston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

For those without Facebook, highlights here.  Disallowed goal from 1min 20secs in.    Truly a shocking decision.

Having watched the disallowed goal countless times, the only thing i can see up with it, was it was scored against Sevco. :angry2::red_card:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, elevenone said:

"Shocking" is indeed the only word for it. Tried to play it back to see if the referee was unsighted. A Thistle player passes in front of him, but not sufficiently so as to obscure his vision. The Rangers player is not touched and clearly slips, and neither she nor any Rangers player makes any claim for a foul. I did not trouble to track the linespersons, but surely one or other of them should have been able to have a quiet word with the referee. 

Looking forward to receiving the apology! 

7 hours ago, Jaggy1967 said:

Absolute howler from the referee, I was standing the other side of the pitch. Just amazed he did not give them their regulation penalty in last minute for the blatant dive.

Be saving it up for the final, should they need it.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Hibs at home today with a 1pm kick off, will be tough but we have beaten them both times we played them so far this season so nothing to fear.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-fixture/partick-thistle-wfc-v-hibernian-wfc-18th-february-2024/#match-preview

And hopefully a half competent ref today 🤔

digressing but i note its the ugly sisters game today (or do you say brothers?) and that Rangers have cancelled all away tickets to Celtic acting on intelligence.  Sad, pathetic and shameful that their bile is spreading to the womens league.

Anyways good luck Jags :fan: