Ian McCall

exiledjag

Clyde may be down on their luck just now - but they will get a new manager bounce from this and it’s not too late for them to aim for a playoff spot. McCall will be a good stop gap for them for a year or two and maybe they can get back to a more respectable league position and get a home ground - assuming Crownpoint can be delivered.

This might be one for the PT Archive experts but by joining Clyde as manager does that make McCall the first person to have had a connection to the remaining or indeed previous (if you prefer)  "Glasgow" sides.

As far as I know (which might not be much) - he started at Celtic before arriving at Queen's Park then via Dunfermline (not a Glasgow side!) to Glasgow Rangers and ultimately arrived at Firhill after a few detours, culminating in his appointment by Clyde.

His career might be described as either very lucky or very unlucky dependant on your point of view in this regard.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JeanieD said:

This might be one for the PT Archive experts but by joining Clyde as manager does that make McCall the first person to have had a connection to the remaining or indeed previous (if you prefer)  "Glasgow" sides.

As far as I know (which might not be much) - he started at Celtic before arriving at Queen's Park then via Dunfermline (not a Glasgow side!) to Glasgow Rangers and ultimately arrived at Firhill after a few detours, culminating in his appointment by Clyde.

His career might be described as either very lucky or very unlucky dependant on your point of view in this regard.

Ending at Clyde can never be described as lucky, surely?

5 hours ago, JeanieD said:

Ian began his career as a teenager at Motherwell before being released.

Thereafter he trained with Glasgow University FC before being taken on by Queens Park.

There has never been a connection with Celtic, as far as I am aware.

Edited by Barney Rubble

On 11/17/2023 at 2:56 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Ian began his career as a teenager at Motherwell before being released.

Thereafter he trained with Glasgow University FC before being taken on by Queens Park.

There has never been a connection with Celtic, as far as I am aware.

He was at Celtic Pro Youth Level  - and released - he was in the same Team as Jim Mcinally at Celtic 

• 4 weeks later...