Club AGM

Fawlty Towers

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

So the Women's team and the academy do not get direct funding from the club?

So they need to run on what funds they attract?

So no idea why they affect the club or its budget, apart from in a positive way?

I think the question being asked by JJ is simply this: if the academy is currently being funded by a benefactor, then is that guaranteed for next season and for how much longer… if that funding stops then the club would have to fund it themselves which would dilute Doolan’s ongoing budget. If we have no future benefactor then we need to grow revenue whilst simultaneously being in a break even recovery position (unlike the 300k or so loss from last season which would have been 600k or so without the “lucky” cup tie draw at ibrox). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scotty said:

It's beginning to look as though some people just don't like women or youngsters playing football! :no:

You No What your correct - thats the real reason -nothing to do with the fact we are Running at a loss and have to decide where we put our Money into 

I look forward to your suggestions on how the Club funds a Competitive First Team -whilst putting money into the Women's Team ( and possibly a Youth Academy next Season ) and turning the current losses into a Profit 

Partick Thistle Football Club are not running at a loss as a result of any association with Partick Thistle WFC. 

Any suggestion otherwise is unhelpful. 

That's where my engagement  on this discussion ends, but the above is worth baring in mind if you choose to continue to follow it. 

PTWFC kick off away to Montrose in 20 minutes. Looking forward to the private jet home. 

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You No What your correct - thats the real reason -nothing to do with the fact we are Running at a loss and have to decide where we put our Money into 

I look forward to your suggestions on how the Club funds a Competitive First Team -whilst putting money into the Women's Team ( and possibly a Youth Academy next Season ) and turning the current losses into a Profit 

The woman’s team and academy don’t take cash from the club.

46 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The woman’s team and academy don’t take cash from the club.

I am glad that has been be put to bed.

Academy, womens team and mens team all worthy of investment and imo all closer interlinked in fans psyche than some may think.    If someone benefactor comes along and wishes to invest in any of three then fab I say as all the Partick Thistle brand.  

6 hours ago, Tom Hosie said:

Partick Thistle Football Club are not running at a loss as a result of any association with Partick Thistle WFC. 

Any suggestion otherwise is unhelpful. 

That's where my engagement  on this discussion ends, but the above is worth baring in mind if you choose to continue to follow it. 

PTWFC kick off away to Montrose in 20 minutes. Looking forward to the private jet home. 

If you care to read my responses I was asked the Question if I believed the Club should be putting  Money into the Women's Team - I didn't actually respond to that Question - what I did say was that a Club losing Money should concentrate on its Core Activities - I at no point stated or implied that the Club Losses had anything to do with the Women's Team - I gave a sensible reply regards the allocation of Finances when an Organisation is losing Money - from that reply its deduced that "  I'm against Youngsters & Women Playing Football" - a view you clearly share 

I'm against PTFC Running up unsustainable debts and focussing on getting promoted - I have no real views on Women's Football - I obviously have Views on the benefits of a Youth Academy ( but so do many Senior Figures in Football ) so I'm not alone in that.       

The alternative to not Controlling Finances is selling off Shares to offset Trading Losses - you keep doing that-  then your not a Fan Owned Club 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And are the benefactors all wrong because they should be putting all their money into the men’s team because that is all that matters 

A Benefactor is Free to Spend there Money as they Please 

My View is simple - you get Promotion- you can afford to fund Non Core Activities - and your sustainable in the Long Term - you keep trying to balance the Books in the Championship - then you have to make choices on where to spend the cash    

On 1/27/2024 at 2:33 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

But we are losing money ? 

So what your saying is that we should continue to wrack up losses 

That Funds should be redirected from Dools Budget - to The Womans Team & a Youth Academy - which “ may “ pay dividends in Players & Fans “ someday”

So how long to we keep losing money for until we see if the dividends kick in ?

Its not a long game as last year showed we were going Bust  

I'm not saying we should continue to wrack up losses.

I'm saying we should plan in a way that avoids losses.

We shouldn't be chasing glory at any level with any of our teams and if we are / were in debt because of this, I wouldn't blame the individual teams or coaches of any kind, I'd blame whoever is responsible for signing off the overall budget for the 'total' club.

I don't think it's that difficult to calculate lower to upper range budgets, dependant upon a 'flat' season with an average gate and little success, all the way up to cup success i.e. playing Rangers away, and then arrive at a sensible PTFC budget that means the club does not go busto.    

I also think that we are more likely to attract investors, if we have a diverse range of teams.

Not many people these days, will part with hard earned cash for a Business that only runs an elite male team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CotterJag said:

I'm not saying we should continue to wrack up losses.

I'm saying we should plan in a way that avoids losses.

We shouldn't be chasing glory at any level with any of our teams and if we are / were in debt because of this, I wouldn't blame the individual teams or coaches of any kind, I'd blame whoever is responsible for signing off the overall budget for the 'total' club.

I don't think it's that difficult to calculate lower to upper range budgets, dependant upon a 'flat' season with an average gate and little success, all the way up to cup success i.e. playing Rangers away, and then arrive at a sensible PTFC budget that means the club does not go busto.    

I also think that we are more likely to attract investors, if we have a diverse range of teams.

Not many people these days, will part with hard earned cash for a Business that only runs an elite male team. 

Its very very difficult for a Championship Club to break even and thats just funding the Squad and Coaches - nothing else 

Investors back a Winning Team - simple fact of life 

• 1 month later...

As it is the time a lot of clubs have to file their accounts on Companies House here are a few of our fellow Championship club's as it allows us to have a bit of comparison.

Raith Rovers

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC026287/filing-history

Morton

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC003264/filing-history

Dunfermline

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC011580/filing-history

Queens Park

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005382/filing-history

Enjoy, if numbers, are your thing.

14 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

As it is the time a lot of clubs have to file their accounts on Companies House here are a few of our fellow Championship club's as it allows us to have a bit of comparison.

Raith Rovers

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC026287/filing-history

Morton

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC003264/filing-history

Dunfermline

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC011580/filing-history

Queens Park

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005382/filing-history

Enjoy, if numbers, are your thing.

Raith Rovers: living off advances for working capital, directors' loans and even selling off their floodlights

image.thumb.png.fd1e12a00e637d45dc14d5025a675e3c.png

Dunfermline: £1 million loss and a tricky going concern statement

image.thumb.png.3b3015942b55dd98fe67ccd8872cf807.png

Queens' Park: lost £750k over an 18 month (extended) accounting period, despite this (mostly) not involving the lion's share of the Lesser Hampden redevelopment costs. Being propped-up by, among other things, the multi-million cash proceeds accrued from selling Proper Hampden.

image.thumb.png.8f4da64f9023145268548ca13bfd7b8b.png

On 1/28/2024 at 11:07 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its very very difficult for a Championship Club to break even and thats just funding the Squad and Coaches - nothing else 

Investors back a Winning Team - simple fact of life 

Try telling that to Ryan Reynolds, Rob McElhenney and the good people of Wrexham. Maybe not always the reason for someone to part with their money.