Jump to content

Squad For 24/25 Season (And Signing Rumours)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Could someone start a random rumour to generate some excitement. It needs to be believable (not M’Bappe or Owen Coyle). I keep looking here for some titbits, but just a wall of silence.

Apparently Doolan left the kit signing at Greaves Sports early as he had a flight to catch.

Fill your boots 😉😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I do like an exotic overseas player arriving. Probably going to be Isle of Man !

I was more thinking Tiree for the Music Festival - although the more discerning attendee would take the ferry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Record reporting 

Kris Doolan has three more signings in his sights for Partick Thistle’s tilt at the Championship title – and insists he doesn’t have to “sell the club to anybody”.

The Jags boss and three of his summer recruits met with fans at Greaves Sports yesterday to show off the side’s new kit. He’s already snapped up five players and wants another keeper, right-back plus a forward player, hoping two out of the three are “really close”. 

I don’t bring in people to sit on the bench. What we have done over the last two seasons speaks for itself now. When I speak to players and agents, they already know what Partick Thistle are all about, they have seen us, they have been at games, they have watched the style of play.

So I don’t have to sell the club to anybody – it’s about people that want to be here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting statement about not signing players to sit on the bench.

I think we can interpret this as meaning when he signs a player the individual, in Doolan's opinion,  is good enough to challenge for a place in the starting 11.

This suggests quality over quantity.  As Doolan also suggests two of the three signings are very close to completion it will be interesting to finally know who they are and if the fans reaction is consistent with the managers opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we could get megwa and still have space I would be happy to bring in Kerr as our “utility man” if the budget allowed it. A lee hodson type who can cover Milne at lb or in at rb and if a crisis occurred, in midfield. Something I think has been largely unmentioned across our fan base is what we would do if Milne were to become injured or suspended, both of which he’s been on a few occasions now. I would certainly not be comfortable with wasiri as a left back despite him being a reasonable bit if cover at rb. So this does make me think more about Kerr despite him being far from my number 1. Would take megwa first all day if there’s any truth in it. As for striker I have seen Rudden mentioned  across social media, absolute firm NAW from me. He jumped ship mid season, has behaved like an absolute tit against us on several occasions for both Dundee and Raith. Most importantly however, he has been absolutely rotten since leaving us and cannot play as a lone striker. Big big no from me.

Edited by HeWearsNumber9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

If we could get megwa and still have space I would be happy to bring in Kerr as our “utility man” if the budget allowed it. A lee hodson type who can cover Milne at lb or in at rb and if a crisis occurred, in midfield. Something I think has been largely unmentioned across our fan base is what we would do if Milne were to become injured or suspended, both of which he’s been on a few occasions now. I would certainly not be comfortable with wasiri as a left back despite him being a reasonable bit if cover at rb. So this does make me think more about Kerr despite him being far from my number 1. Would take megwa first all day if there’s any truth in it. 

Agree with all this.

I actually thought Kerr was older than 28 and thus his best part of his career well behind him. I hear what Doolan's saying re only signing players that he considers capable first team starters rather than support acts. Nevertheless there could be an exception for a guy that can play in more than one defensive position. Kerr probably fits that bill as cover for both fullbacks and defensive mid. Whether Kerr at a key time in his career would want to come and fill that role is a different matter. Financially he may be better off signing for a club where he'd be a sure starter. Factor in the likely level of appearance money and other clubs reckoned to be down the pecking order may be more attractive to him.

My Dundee supporting mate does confirm that Kerr would give us 100% effort, regardless of his position.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree with all this.

I actually thought Kerr was older than 28 and thus his best part of his career well behind him. I hear what Doolan's saying re only signing players that he considers capable first team starters rather than support acts. Nevertheless there could be an exception for a guy that can play in more than one defensive position. Kerr probably fits that bill as cover for both fullbacks and defensive mid. Whether Kerr at a key time in his career would want to come and fill that role is a different matter. Financially he may be better off signing for a club where he'd be a sure starter. Factor in the likely level of appearance money and other clubs reckoned to be down the pecking order may be more attractive to him.

My Dundee supporting mate does confirm that Kerr would give us 100% effort, regardless of his position.

Although, if we do land a first choice RB (e.g., something like the quality of Megwa), then wouldn't Williams be this utility man? He seems decent enough as a CB and RB at least. I vaguely remember him playing at LB well enough also, although I could be mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think from what we've been told is that we would be adding a right-back so I don't see Megwa and Kerr both being added.

I guess that can change if a player becomes available as in the likes of Kerr agreeing a package to leave Dundee.

I'd be okay with either, both would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Duke Gekantawa said:

Although, if we do land a first choice RB (e.g., something like the quality of Megwa), then wouldn't Williams be this utility man? He seems decent enough as a CB and RB at least. I vaguely remember him playing at LB well enough also, although I could be mistaken.

Good point. I can see Williams playing right back for as long as necessary and at centreback if called upon. Far from sure about any sustained period at left back and his ability as defensive mid is unknown.

Doolan has of course identified the three positions that require filling and no mention of cover for McBeth and Milne. Guess it's case of wait and see.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I must be one of the few that would happily take Rudden back.

He's not quite the quick small forward that we really need but there are precious few of those about. However I prefer him to someone like Adeloye.

Adeloye was to me too similar to Graham and Diack. Of those 3 we never really found a pair that could support playing 2 up front when required. Conversely we know that Rudden can play alongside Graham if we need to change formation.

Rudden is still only 24 years old so in theory scope for development and who better to provide that than Graham and Doolan. If we do take him he must realise that he either improves and gets back to the top league or continues on a downwards trajectory that would lead to lower end championship/ league 1 football in a short order. I don't imagine he will get a bigger club than us so we might get him a reasonable wage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Grubber8468 said:

What’s happening with Blair Alston? Has he now left the club?

He was only ever on a one year deal 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/blair-alston-joins-on-one-year-deal/

As far as I can see he has yet to find a club. It is a shame as I was excited when he joined, but turned out to be no better than many other options for the same position. Hope he finds s a club soon as he showed, on too few occasions for us, that there is a decent player in him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...