Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw this is evidently part two of the proposal http://www.berwickra...nd_voting_1.pdf

it's a pdf file so may not load on everyone's thingy.

This is the change to voting rights that is mentioned as one of the conditions Newco had to agree to/support? This is just scandalous, these sort of changes should have been done years ago anyway and shouldn't be done as a bargaining tool to get Newco into as high a league as possible. So, with the Newco 'apology' and these voting rights restructuring proposals, Newco could consider this to be box 2 ticked in the list of conditions?

This has been taken from Pie and Bovril. I know its only one persons view, but I think we all know he is likely to be right and frankly until we get a definite NO from our board I am embarrassed to be a Thistle supporter

So of the thirty SFL clubs, the situation is this:

Won't Vote Over Conflict Of Interest: Airdrie and Dundee.

Down to 28 voting.

No SFL1 Parachute for the Orcs:

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

21 left to get their 16 from.

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes":

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir

17 left to get their 16 from.

Likely To Vote Yes Despite Denying Any Decision Has Been Made: Partick Thistle

Needing 15 from 16 left.

So realistically, all that's needed is one more public "no" and that's another cunning plan foiled.

This has been taken from Pie and Bovril. I know its only one persons view, but I think we all know he is likely to be right and frankly until we get a definite NO from our board I am embarrassed to be a Thistle supporter

Down to 28 voting.

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

Needing 15 from 16 left.

So realistically, all that's needed is one more public "no" and that's another cunning plan foiled.

PLEASE let it be Thistle who cast this public vote!

Down to 28 voting.

Needing 15 from 16 left.

Who is his source that Thistle would vote yes? I really hope he is just making that up

Down to 28 voting.

Needing 15 from 16 left.

Whoever the poster on P&B is:

1. They should get their facts right.

2. They can't count (or subtract)

1. Alloa have also said no publically (last night).

2. Deduct Airdrie and Dundee, goes down to 28.

Deduct the list of 9 (Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer) does not leave "21 left to get their 16 from", its 19 to get their 16 from.

Add in/deduct Alloa to the list, thats 18......

If 3 of the 4 ditherers all say no, then thats 15 or less, and curtains for the Sham of Newco in SFL1.

Still won't excuse Beattie or get him off the hook in my eyes.

Goodness, hearing soooo many different likely scenarios. Latest is that Jags set to vote no but sevco set to be voted into div 1 regardless! Please note this has not come from anyone associated with Thistle but a good source! However it could all change again later!!

Goodness, hearing soooo many different likely scenarios. Latest is that Jags set to vote no but sevco set to be voted into div 1 regardless! Please note this has not come from anyone associated with Thistle but a good source! However it could all change again later!!

That would be a good start at least

Apart from Dundee and Airdrie abstaining, it looks like ourselves and Cowdenbeath might be the only teams to vote yes. We're going to come out of this looking great eh?

Cowden might even abstain due to Findlay's involvement in an attempted takeover.

Edited by MWM

Pie & Bovril reporting that today's SFL meeting adjourned until 'next' Thursday - 12th July I assume.

Everybody in the SFA & SPL are now running scared of making any collective decision. Regardless of how the SFL teams eventually vote, delighted that the SPL mob have been handed back the Sevco ticking bomb and THEY will have to make their definite decision tomorrow, thus supposedly firing the first salvo at Sevco...or welcoming them in with open arms if it's too risky to expect SFL1 admission. Then again, the SPL may adjourn also! The SFL may yet have no decision to make on this farce.

Pie & Bovril reporting that today's SFL meeting adjourned until 'next' Thursday - 12th July I assume.

Everybody in the SFA & SPL are now running scared of making any collective decision. Regardless of how the SFL teams eventually vote, delighted that the SPL mob have been handed back the Sevco ticking bomb and THEY will have to make their definite decision tomorrow, thus supposedly firing the first salvo at Sevco...or welcoming them in with open arms if it's too risky to expect SFL1 admission. Then again, the SPL may adjourn also! The SFL may yet have no decision to make on this farce.

Makes you wonder if they'll postpone the season to give them a chance to force Newco in.

Apart from Dundee and Airdrie abstaining, it looks like ourselves and Cowdenbeath might be the only teams to vote yes. We're going to come out of this looking great eh?

Cowden might even abstain due to Findlay's involvement in an attempted takeover.

Says who? I find that hard to believe. If we were to vote yes it would be because it would be almost 100% certain our vote would mean something (if we vote yes). Voting no, along with 1 other team, does nothing but lose a lot of fans.

We have to be fair to David Beattie and understand that he's an enthusiast for these plans. He went out of his way to go to bat for them in not one, but two newspaper interviews. He said the plans were clever and innovative with very little downside to them. He said this could be the making of Scottish football and even if Rangers win the First Division this season "which they probably will do" (his words), then at least play-offs would give us "something to play for as well".

That's where he is. We may think he's dead wrong, we may think he hasn't got a clue about what his own football club is all about, or we may even agree with his position. But that's his instinct on it and so any climbdown now in the face of massive opposition has to be a delicate process otherwise he looks humiliated.

And if he decides to press on and support the proposals, then we know his vote was in the bag from the start and no amount of howling was going to sway him. That would also be a delicate PR predicament.

So maybe we need to give him a little breathing space, give him a chance to hunt out a fig leaf or two to cover his embarrassment. And if we get a meeting next week to express a point of view, somebody bring the smelling salts because it's going to have more scare stories than a Halloween campfire.

Says who? I find that hard to believe. If we were to vote yes it would be because it would be almost 100% certain our vote would mean something (if we vote yes). Voting no, along with 1 other team, does nothing but lose a lot of fans.

The statements from each club. Especially in contrast to the likes of Raith and Clyde. Thistle have made three statements and have said nothing different each time and sat on the fence. We then had someone very closely associated with the club fighting a lone battle on why we should put up with them.

Cowdenbeath FC vice-chairman John Lints said this week that it was indeed strange times in the Scottish professional leagues but it could add up to an exciting time for The Blue Brazil.Lints said this week: "The current educated speculation is that a newco Rangers may be relegated to Division 1 and this can only be good news for a club like Cowdenbeath. We would relish two trips to Ibrox plus two all-ticket games at Central Park.

Edited by MWM

Don't know if this is the best thread to post this on, what with the multitude of similar threads on the topic, but I just noticed Ian Maxwell on the BBC Scotland news being filmed outside Hampden on his way into the SFL meeting today. Without disrespecting Maxi, who does an excellent job, it strikes me as extremely odd that we are sending him instead of someone from the board. He deals with hospitality, media etc, not making the massive decisions that will affect the future of Thistle and Scottish football for years to come. I appreciate that it is holiday season but I seriously doubt that one of our directors couldn't have been available to represent us today.

Change their tune as in St Mirren voting newco in?

Just purely talk, although Gilmour said no (and he took his time), everything he said about cutbacks and job losses made it sound like it was through gritted teeth. Add to that, hopes of a secret ballot and that the SPL could collapse without Rangers in it for more than a year. Wouldn't surprise me with the chances of Rangers going to the 1st pretty slim.

Edited by MWM

Heard Raith Rovers chairman tonight, didn't think he made much sense. He talked of SPL abdicating responsibility of their decision, and passing the problem to the SFL. But if the SPL vote tomorrow then I don't see this to be the case. If they vote No then it is right that the SFL has a decision to make, as this is rightfully where Sevco should be applying to play. If they vote Yes then it's pretty shameful but not an abdication if resposibility. However...

If the SPL were to adjourn tomorrow, and postpone their meeting, I don't see that the SFL can possibly make a decision on a situation that hasn't arisen. There is currently no application for a Govan respresentative in the SFL. The decision has to be made by the SPL first, only if they say no can it fall to SFL.

I think that SFL chairmen should be keeping their views to themselves. If Sevco aren't voted in to the SPL then the SFL has all the power (despite the threats and intimidation). If they are then life goes on as usual and the SFL clubs get nothing. Maybe the Thistle board have played this better than they're given credit for(?)

Heard Raith Rovers chairman tonight, didn't think he made much sense. He talked of SPL abdicating responsibility of their decision, and passing the problem to the SFL. But if the SPL vote tomorrow then I don't see this to be the case. If they vote No then it is right that the SFL has a decision to make, as this is rightfully where Sevco should be applying to play. If they vote Yes then it's pretty shameful but not an abdication if resposibility. However...

He is maybe assuming that all the nosense of the plot to slide Newco into Div 1 (using threats and lies) is at partly moved by the SPL. Certainly some SPL chairmen are in on it.

If the SPL were to adjourn tomorrow, and postpone their meeting, I don't see that the SFL can possibly make a decision on a situation that hasn't arisen. There is currently no application for a Govan respresentative in the SFL. The decision has to be made by the SPL first, only if they say no can it fall to SFL.

In which case the SFL shouldn't have had any meeting and should not be having one next week. Though admittedly they are feeling pressure from fans and thought they had to do something even if the something was really nothing.

I think that SFL chairmen should be keeping their views to themselves. If Sevco aren't voted in to the SPL then the SFL has all the power (despite the threats and intimidation). If they are then life goes on as usual and the SFL clubs get nothing. Maybe the Thistle board have played this better than they're given credit for(?)

I doubt the latter though I see where you're coming from. All this BTW is caused by the SFA reneging their responsibility. (And of course 1 or 2 guys in the SFA are in on the plot too). If the SFA just did their job and followed their own rules Newco would either:

1) Cease to exist because Green and Co were not fit persons and/or did not give satisfactory evidence of having proper resources to run the club (which I think is true but which they will try their best to fudge)

2) Be given SFA certification and told they have to apply to join at Junior level or at least League div 3. In latter case SFL still have a decision but it's only whether or not Div 3 which would avoid all the ruckus we've seen.

There shouldn't even be any discussion about what league/division - in fact considering how unsure Green's Newco situation really is and how it might or might not develop, the interests of the game in this country would be best served by knocking him back and telling him it's too close to the start of the season we'll look at this again next year.

Edited by Mr Bunny