Ramsdens Vs. Cowdenbeath

Mediocre Pundit

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig for me fully deserved Mom. He got his head on to just about every ball that came his way. I think because the pitch was so narrow, Jackie wanted to play a more direct game. It was pretty even throughout. The saves that fox made were all long range efforts,weren't they. The back four were really good, Forbes and Welsh didn't quite gell. Paton was pretty invisible in 1st but came onto a game in the 2nd. Erskine got caught offside far too often and Lawless made up for his 1st half miss with the pass for the goal. By the way, the jags fans were magnificent. 1st national cup final for 42 years.

We dug in and ground that out and after a season so far of playing silky passing football it's good to know we can do it the dirty way too.That was a good performance. We may need a different way of playing on tighter pitches ,. didn't have the room today , or at Cappilow , to operate the way we can, another battle plan for pitches like these.

Well done to Foxy imo two fantastic saves .

True. Not long ago you would have said that Dools had to be an automatic starter. But that's far from the case at the moment.

Not many people could have predicted at the start of the season that Balatoni, Doolan and Sinclair would have been regulars on the bench, which does show we have a pretty strong squad. Have to say again, thought Conrad had an excellent game today!

Up to Cowdenbeath and popped into the Brass Monkey on the way back to check out the atmosphere. Great in both places, I'm glad to report. But I don't think I've been as nervous during a game since the Peterhead play-off game and now find myself pretty shattered and emotionally drained. Anyone else feel the same way?

As an aside, Cowdenbeath on Sunday is a total shit-hole with no redeeming features. The New Goth, while interesting and cheap, is one of the worst pubs I've ever been in. And that includes the Bayview Lounge in Methil.

great to finally make the final of this competition, but such a shame we have to wait until April for the final!!! It should be next month.

That's the first time I have actually witnessed us win a semi-final. It was tough going but the boys dug in and well played to all of them. It might 'only' be the Ramsdens, but I don't care. The Jags are in the FINAL!!!!!! :ptfc::clapping::worship::thumbsup:

and now find myself pretty shattered and emotionally drained. Anyone else feel the same way?

I know exactly how you feel. And going by how relatively quiet the bus was on the way home it's a pretty universal feeling.

It's only now, a few glasses of red down the road, that it is starting to sink in. All my Thistle supporting life I have been desperate to see my team reach a cup final. Today they did that.

A lovely gesture by Jackie to dedicate the win to Wee Jamie Lilley. Well deserved for the biggest jags fan I've ever met!

Just read PTFC.CO.UK, Jackie wasnt making reference to Jamie Lilley as we thought Brick Top, it was Johnny Lilley, the lad from the Army that helps set up the Pre Season training. either way nice gesture.