Attendances

Lenziejag2

Given the promising attendances for Dunfermline v Cowden (4879) and Falkirk v PTFC (4804), the attendances for St Mirren v Dundee (4002), Killie v Hearts (3572), and [today] St Johnstone v Ross County (2444) don't look overly encouraging for the SPL! We will need to keep up our own attendances - both home and away - in the SPL.

St mirren Dundee was a relegation battle. Win for the buddies and they would have been safe and Dundee relegated. Sounds an important game to me!

As for the German model think we are doing something similar with kids go free. I would love it if we keep our prices the same as this year. Would certainly make a statement but I would understand if we fell in line with other clubs.

True. That game probably should have attracted more.

Re the German model. did all the clubs agree to the model ? The scale of TV, sponsorship and gate revenue is obviously huge compared to Scotland, but if realistic ambition was recognised by Scottish clubs, then maybe something on a smaller scale could work

It's both true and simple, folks! Attendances of 2444, 3572 and 4002 in the SPL are not good enough - whichever way you look at it! These teams are kidding themselves with all their imported players and inflated wages. They need to "get real" - or they will go bust! And at PTFC we need to "stay real" - we are making a pretty good job of it just now!

It's both true and simple, folks! Attendances of 2444, 3572 and 4002 in the SPL are not good enough - whichever way you look at it! These teams are kidding themselves with all their imported players and inflated wages. They need to "get real" - or they will go bust! And at PTFC we need to "stay real" - we are making a pretty good job of it just now!

Agree totally, even if this approach means we are relegated, at least our club will be safe,

It's a difficult one LJ2. This season we have averaged over our budget attendance because we have had a good season, entertaining the troops. If we don't "invest" in the team and start losing week in week out, a good number of those supporters will most likely disappear. I dread to think what St Johnstones attendances would have been if they were struggling at the bottom of the SPL

True. That game probably should have attracted more.

Re the German model. did all the clubs agree to the model ? The scale of TV, sponsorship and gate revenue is obviously huge compared to Scotland, but if realistic ambition was recognised by Scottish clubs, then maybe something on a smaller scale could work

I believe that all German clubs decided to change their entire setup, for the good of both the domestic and national game. Something we are unable to do, due to......the weather. Well we've had just about everything else blamed for not restructuring, so why not.

• Like 1

Only 3183 in Dingwall last night for Ross County v Dundee United. That is poor! A Friday night, no other games on, a potential European place up for grabs, etc., etc. There are no excuses! Of course Dingwall is a fair distance north, but that is known at the outset! PTFC always take a good support to Victoria Park, and I am confident we will do so next season. My guess is that there will be a bigger crowd at Firhill today than there was at Dingwall last night. C'mon the Jags!

Today's SFL1 attendances again put the Jags right at the top of the list: PTFC v Dunfermline - 5663; Morton v Hamilton - 1541; Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 1406; Cowden v Dumbarton - 659; and Airdrie v Livi - 650. Interesting to note that in the SPL - and with a European place in the equation - St Johnstone v ICT could only attract 2368 punters - significantly less than half the number at Firhill! The fact that East Stirlingshire v Sevco (at Ochilview) pulled in 2805, just goes to show how poorly supported the Tractor Drivers and the Caley really are! Incidentally, next season we will need to remind ICT that we are Thistle! C'mon the Jags!

Just a wee note, in scotland more people per head of population attend the spl than any other European top league!

We have been punching above our weight in terms of attendances and while turn out compared to other countries is still ok the clubs have not adjusted to these factors.

Good point, I hadn't thought about things that way. So what's the answer? Fewer clubs?

But, to contradict that, football clubs mean a lot to communities and those who care. The demise of a club could see fans lost to the game forever. I mean, how many disaffected OF fans have joined our ranks? More chance of folk tiptoeing through the mines to defect to North Korea; which, come to think about it, would be a good place to send quite a few OF fans.

JH looked almost full , at most a few hundred empty seats plus at least 1000 in North Stand Nd problem 400 in Main. Can't see where 5,663 comes from at least 6,500 IMHO

AJ

Thistle 'official' attendances have always been very strange. There was well over 5000 in the JH stand today, probably closer to 6000. Maybe 8-900 in the main stand. At least a 1000 in the North stand.

Would have estimated the attendance at nearly 8000,

Thistle 'official' attendances have always been very strange. There was well over 5000 in the JH stand today, probably closer to 6000. Maybe 8-900 in the main stand. At least a 1000 in the North stand.

Would have estimated the attendance at nearly 8000,

Was just thinking that. I was in the North today and the JH was 90% full...probably 1000 in the North and about 700 Pars fans in the main. We all thought about 7500

Nonsense.

And have you got the official main stand attendance or did you count them all??? It was difficult to say how many there were as they were dotted all over the main however in the second when they were shooting towards the North stand they congregated a lot more at the end of the stand. I thought there were between 6-700 of them but hey its only a guess. One things for certain, there must have been close to 5663 in the JHS on its own!!