........................Forbes

Lawless.....McGuigan.....Elliott

Subs:

Daniels

Archibald

Erskine

Doolan

Craig

Bring Erskine on late on, same with Archie. If there's a chance of Daniels staying for next season, play him.

• Like 1

Strong team. This is a relegation fight for Dunfermline and it's not fair on the other teams if we make it easyish for them.

----------------------Fox---------------------

O'Donnel---Dowie----Balatoni----Sinclair

Craigen---------Welsh--------Bannigan

Lawless---------Doolan-----------Erskine

Craig, Elliott, Forbes, McGuigan, Daniels.

Part of me wants to see us win the league by as many points as possible and see the team we've been watching all season but being sensible about it, then the best teams rest players and use the opportunity to give some experience to youngsters when they're in a similar situation. It would be pretty foolish if one of our first team players broke a leg and missed the start of the season in what is a really a meaningless game for us.

Anyone know what time ticket booth will be open from on Saturday (traveling down from north aberdeenshire)

Thanks in advance

I'd reckon that the desk at the entrance to the Aitken Suite would probably be open before the ticket booths, as the AS has a bar and all that.

Having said that, no idea when anything opens!

.............................Fox

McMillan.....Dowie.....Balatoni.....Sinclair

..............Craigen.....Bannigan

........................Forbes

Lawless.....McGuigan.....Elliott

Subs:

Daniels

Archibald

Erskine

Doolan

Craig

Bring Erskine on late on, same with Archie. If there's a chance of Daniels staying for next season, play him.

I would play this team, Elliott and McGuigan should start.

Would have SOD on bench though and bring him on with about 30 mins to go in a midfield role.

• Like 1

Same as last week where possible.

The boys deserve to keep their place on trophy day.

Give MacMillan etc a run out next week. Will Dowie and MacMillan be comfortable playing against Dunfermline? Could be a chance to get Archie in for the final time!

Get Archie on the pitch. I reckon he won't want to take away the limelight but he realistically has only 2 more chances to play for us.

Archie, Archie, Archie!

Archie has to appear for at least the last ten minutes of the game, think the whole team as well as the support would love to see him take the field in what will undoubtably be his last real chance to play on the hallowed Firhill turf in a competative game. The man deserves his moment to take the acclaim and cheers during the game wearing a thistle strip (and not trackies), and it will undoubtably raise the roof. Even if Shaggy and the players have to over-rule Archie and force him on.

• Like 2

Got to play the strongest team available - I want an unbeaten run to defend when we start in the SPL.

This. We've only lost once at home all season. I don't want to have to qualify that by saying ' Oh yeah, twice, but that included a meaningless game for us anyway against Dunfermline'. We should be aiming to preserve that record (because that's what it is) for the pride.

• Like 1

I want to see us win the game. So it depends on who has recovered best from the week's celebrations. I also think that anyone that has come in to the team has done the job? I see no mention of Muirhead in the line ups. He is available again isn't he ?

I think he's still suspended but available next saturday.

A strong team

Aside from a very proud unbeated record since Archie took over and an amazing home record to protect, we have the chance to finish on more points than both of the Old Firm who both said they would walk their respective leagues.

Whatever happens I'm happy mind you

Fox

O'Donnell

Sinclair

Dowie

Balatoni

Craigen

Bannigan

Forbes

Lawless

Doolan

Elliott

Subs - Daniels, McMillan, Archibald, Craig, McGuigan

I think Erskine should play to give him a decent send off.

Elliot on the bench and McGuigan to drop out again.

I disagree. For me the unbeaten run is less important than having our strongest team injury free at the start of next season and giving the opportunity to fringe players to prove their worth. We don’t owe Cowdenbeath anything either. Teams regularly rest players at this stage of the season so if you’re relying on results elsewhere then you only have yourself to blame if they don’t go your way whatever the reason.

Edited by scottymagoo