Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

If the police have told the club what do you want them to do? they pull the strings Davie surely you must know this as they made the rule re no under 16s? I would concede though it has been purely communicated.

think its a police recommendation Chico,not an order. Board can say no I think.
  • Like 2

Have just read all the posts on this topic.

Firstly, let us note that no official statement has been made by the club regarding seating arrangements for this match. Clearly, though, special arrangements for Celtic fans have been discussed at the club and the decision has been passed onto fans by club officials to fans in an ad hoc way.

What a fantastic season we have just witnessed. Having supported Thistle for 22 years, it was the third time I celebrated promotion to the top tier. Without doubt, it was the most enjoyable of all. Not just because the football was good but also because we were good. All in it together.

We have all sat at Firhill year after year and noticed the worstening matchday atmosphere. Thanks to the guys at One Thistle, none of whom I know, there is an incredible feeling of belonging again.

What an extraordinary three days at the end of the season. Trophy presentation Saturday, Firhill Cup family fun day Sunday and Old Firm thugs on Monday. Please let us not bow to them. We Are Thistle. Forever And Ever. One Thistle.

Sign the petition, email the club.

• Like 4

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thistle-fans-in-the-north-stand/

I'd hope there will be a statement after Monday's board meeting.

We need to keep the signatures on the petition increasing until then.

Celtic fans use motherwell's wooden stand.

So why are the police against them using ours?

As it stands there are 3500 away seats at firhill. There's no reason, financially or otherwise for Thistle fans to be moved out of our stand.

• Like 2

If the reason for moving the Thislte fans from the North stand is financial the board are taking a short term view.

As far as the C****c fans setting fire to the main stand then I'd gladly pay to watch that and my only regret would be if there were a couple of empty seats.

• Like 2

http://www.ipetition...he-north-stand/

I'd hope there will be a statement after Monday's board meeting.

We need to keep the signatures on the petition increasing until then.

Celtic fans use motherwell's wooden stand.

So why are the police against them using ours?

As it stands there are 3500 away seats at firhill. There's no reason, financially or otherwise for Thistle fans to be moved out of our stand.

PLEASE EMAIL THE CHAIRMAN WE NEED AS MANY PEOPLE DOING THIS AS POSSIBLE MINE WAS SENT TONIGHT PLEASE JOIN ME IN DOING THIS, IT'S OUR CLUB, IT'S OUR SINGING SECTION WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE IT, DONT STAND FOR IT FELLOW JAGS FANS [email protected].

You all must have followed the Nomads Flag which we paraded at the Dunfermline Game. This was agreed by the club to be mounted pretty much permanently in the North Stand. I have now had to ask for clarification on this without a reply so far.

So it could be a kick in the teeth to find there maybe no real point in doing that and many an overseas fan who donated may have wasted there money.

I stated previously that it was premature to jump on the band wagon for TAG and I am pretty glad I didn,t so far. I had said to the club I would continue for the third year of my sponsorship of Christie Elliott but as I haven,t yet paid I have decide to just pause on that payment for the moment.

The clubs outlook has supposed to have changed but this capitalation to the old order shows that when push comes to shove nothing has really changed with regard to the Old Firm. Grow a backbone Thistle Board. The North Stand is now our " Maryhill is Wonderful"

Edited by topcat
  • Like 1

I thought it was the Rangers fans who set off the flares - in the North Stand. The Celtic fans "merely" ripped up the seats.

I really don't think that we should move the Thistle fans from the North Stand. The board were willing to "do the right thing" during the Jackie Mac affair and take a financial hit. We have now got that money( or at least some of it). The board should "do the right thing" here and if the Celtic fans can't be trusted not to burn down the stand, they should be excluded.

We have managed without celtic & rangers income for 10 years, surely we can continue to do without it.

Once upon a time Rangers came to Firhill. We had just been promoted and this was the first home game against one of them. The Board decided to maximise revenue. All the Jags season ticket holders were crammed into the Main Stand Enclosure and the rest of the ground was given to the uglies.

There was a great deal of anger and bitterness that day. Thistle fans were made to feel like strangers in their own home. The club made a few quid but lost many hearts. They said it would never happen again.

Amy members of the present board who were there that day should think long and hard. A damaged reputation takes a long time to repair.

• Like 1

I thought it was the Rangers fans who set off the flares - in the North Stand. The Celtic fans "merely" ripped up the seats.

I really don't think that we should move the Thistle fans from the North Stand. The board were willing to "do the right thing" during the Jackie Mac affair and take a financial hit. We have now got that money( or at least some of it). The board should "do the right thing" here and if the Celtic fans can't be trusted not to burn down the stand, they should be excluded.

We have managed without celtic & rangers income for 10 years, surely we can continue to do without it.

dont think the flares thing relates to that game LJ. I believe the green brigade are known to take them to away games.i think that's the issue here.

think its a police recommendation Chico,not an order. Board can say no I think.

Need some clarity on this then..if its a recommendation then surely there MUST be a financial gain.....or are the board scared of trouble at the game?? The are certainly causing enough amongst us!

• Like 1

Given that a game against Celtic would attract interest the TV Marketing value of having the North stand awash with flags, colour and sound should not be underestimated. Potential Thistle fans might be attracted to Firhill as a direct consequence of seeing some life left in the game. Time for dialogue, lessons to be learned and the right decision for the Club to be made - that hasn't happened yet. Let's hope for Monday and our own integrity.

• Like 1

Given that a game against Celtic would attract interest the TV Marketing value of having the North stand awash with flags, colour and sound should not be underestimated. Potential Thistle fans might be attracted to Firhill as a direct consequence of seeing some life left in the game. Time for dialogue, lessons to be learned and the right decision for the Club to be made - that hasn't happened yet. Let's hope for Monday and our own integrity.

Great post Shuggie. You bring up a point that not many people have mentioned so far.

Having the north stand noisy and colourful would be a brilliant advert for the club, and is the prime position for it to be picked up by the cameras. Having us the JH or the main stand would not be anywhere near as effective.

That's an excellent point. I was mainly thinking about this in terms of why should we move just because Celtic fans can't be trusted in the main stand and also because I am convinced that the raucous North Stand belting out Thistle songs and awash with red and yellow is now a crucial part of our home advantage. I hadn't even factored in how useful it might be in terms of pr when people see and hear the spectacle of the north stand on tv. It doesn't even seem like there is an economic case for giving up the north stand either, from what I can tell.

Once upon a time Rangers came to Firhill. We had just been promoted and this was the first home game against one of them. The Board decided to maximise revenue. All the Jags season ticket holders were crammed into the Main Stand Enclosure and the rest of the ground was given to the uglies.

There was a great deal of anger and bitterness that day. Thistle fans were made to feel like strangers in their own home. The club made a few quid but lost many hearts. They said it would never happen again.

Amy members of the present board who were there that day should think long and hard. A damaged reputation takes a long time to repair.

F*** sake!!! I didn't know about that, that's terrible. My first time seeing Thistle at Firhill against Rangers was pretty dire. Was in 95-96 season, Rangers had usual 3 quarters of ground, they had a couple of teddy bear mascots on the pitch and I remember teddy bears picnic song was played over the tannoy during warm up. didn't feel like a home match in the slightest. And we got scudded 4-0. bad times

• Like 1

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thistle-fans-in-the-north-stand/

By the time of tomorrow nights meeting there will be several hundred voices for the board, who haven't even announced seating arrangements yet, to consider.

I predict that the Northy will remain red and yellow for the match in question...

The Green brigade are a shower of ********. They should be banned completely. To join the green brigade u have to answer all sorts of qu4estions about the i.r.a. and other bigoted nonsense, and i've heard a story of someone who got done in when he sat in the green brigade bit n wasn't a member

I see that there is now 525 signatures which must send some message to the board.

But are the board actually aware of this?

I followed the link and I see there is a section for comments. How can I read the comments of other petitioners. And how will board directors also see these comments if they choose to look. AHH Just saw that you can look under signatures tab

As it requires my email address will I start getting spam as I don,t see any box to tick that says they won,t share my address.

With lots signing I guess it is legit. Can you tell me how the results of the petition find there way to board.

Also I have just seen lots of paper reports on Killy fans. Is this story finding its way to the papers which is were the real influence will be reflected especially as it involves a old firm angle.

Edited by topcat