Fixtures Moved For Tv

Ancipital

Not really. This is only due to the fact that we are at the beginning of the season.

Last season, when I knew that the Ramsdens cup final was to be played on April 7th, I looked for another match on the same weekend. By the start of February, the match at Inverness ( v Saints) was moved to Friday. Same happened to match at Tynecastle on Saturday morning although I didn´t make it and went do East End Park instead.

So when do Septembers changes come out------ August?, and Novembers------ September??

Will the TV be looking at league positions a month before and picking their games??

Whether they moved the game to a friday, sunday or monday it was always going to affect people differently. Im going to have to swap some shifts in work now which hopefully wont be a problem but i can understand the frustration of those who cant change shifts or have to change their travel plans in order to make it to the match.

I was also meant to be taking my boy to the game but im sure he's going to get a late night pass so he can still go - no school the next day so not a problem as its a one off (or two off!)

We are in the 'big boys' league now and unfortunately it comes with problems like this but we just need to get on with it cause its gonna be like this all season!

Quite like the Friday night games myself, but think our flag day should really be on the Saturday at 3pm. It's not hard to see why it's been chosen though for BBC sport's first live game. Can empathise with our fans that feel aggrieved and think it could well half the potential away support as well. Same goes for the tarts game.

It's a great honour that the Partick Thistle Football Club will raise the final Scottish Football League champions flag whilst hosting the historical, inaugural SPFL fixture.

I propose that Friday 2nd August should be declared a National sick day (coughs) holiday for those of a red n yellow persuasion...

... and weans sleeping habits should be reprogrammed for one night only.

Top 10 in the Maryhill hit parade on 2nd August:

1. "Championeees"

2. "Archibald's red n yell army"

3. "Judas, Judas, what's the score?"

4. "Thistle are back, hello"

5. "Dundee's a sh*tehole, you'll want to come home"

6. "We are Top of the league"

7. "One Neil Duffy, there's only one Neil Duffy"

8. "Doo-lan Doo-lan Doo-lan"

9. "You're going down with the Jambos"

10. "If ye want to go to heaven when ye die"

:fan:

• Like 1

So anyone who has bought a season ticket and cant make these Friday games have lost 2 games they paid for? BLOODY JOKE!

When i bought my season ticket i knew there would be games getting switched to fridays, saturday 12:30 & 5:15, sundays and mondays but i still bought it even in the knowledge that i wouldnt make all the games.

The club can do nothing about these changes - its just one of the many downsides of playing top league football along with being moved for the celtic game.

Nowt we can do about any of this but i do agree that it is crap for those who miss out on these games. Going on posts here and elsewhere the crowd could well be a few hundred lower than if it was on the sat afternoon so the club is losing out aswell as the fans!

When i bought my season ticket i knew there would be games getting switched to fridays, saturday 12:30 & 5:15, sundays and mondays but i still bought it even in the knowledge that i wouldnt make all the games.

The club can do nothing about these changes - its just one of the many downsides of playing top league football along with being moved for the celtic game.

Nowt we can do about any of this but i do agree that it is crap for those who miss out on these games. Going on posts here and elsewhere the crowd could well be a few hundred lower than if it was on the sat afternoon so the club is losing out aswell as the fans!

I agree. Sometimes a Friday would be better for me especially as it frees up the Saturday. Indeed think a Friday against more local clubs like Motherwell, St Mirren and even Kilmarnock would get bigger crowds as a lot of the fans will work in Glasgow and/or it's a good excuse to go straight from work to pub then game. Our Friday night game v Morton couple games back was a large crowd as was last seasons away to Hamilton. Just my luck they moved the first game.

Agree that Friday night games are good for novelty value once or twice a season.

Also think that Friday night games are better than early kick offs on Saturdays and Sundays, and MUCH better than Monday night kick offs.

So all in all, could have been worse although I expect there will be worse to come especially if we're doing well.

I agree. Sometimes a Friday would be better for me especially as it frees up the Saturday. Indeed think a Friday against more local clubs like Motherwell, St Mirren and even Kilmarnock would get bigger crowds as a lot of the fans will work in Glasgow and/or it's a good excuse to go straight from work to pub then game. Our Friday night game v Morton couple games back was a large crowd as was last seasons away to Hamilton. Just my luck they moved the first game.

Putting the TV revenue aside there's two issues here. I think there's an argument valid enough for friday night games against local opposition. Even if there might be a novelty factor involved clubs/Doncaster can claim a reasonable commercial decision has been made.

The other side of the coin tho' could be an adverse effect on season ticket sales. I'm fairly certain most fans don't buy season tickets out of obligation, some sort of blind loyalty. No doubt many do but I'd say the majority purchase a season ticket principally for their own commercial reasons. Take the value for money aspect of a season ticket completely out the equation for fans that find friday or monday nights unsuitable is a dangerous route to take.

I'd like to think Mr Doncaster would be aware of this. But we're talking here of a guy who under his watch launched top tier friday night football with a Dons v Pars game. Of all the fixtures that could've been chosen the SPL went for a match where the away fans couldn't attend travelling by public transport.

The other issue for Friday nights is that alot of kids have BB/Cubs/Guides etc on that night of the week, and not only can the kid not attend but the parent may need to collect them when the game is still in play.

From a travel point of view I'm not sure as to whether I will need to wait to 4 weeks before a game to book my flights as this may be getting changed a month at a time or run the risk of either missing a game or losing my flight money, if at the start of the season when the fixtures first come out the games for the whole season that are to be moved were decided it would be far better for all concerned.

The bad thing about Friday is more for people outwith Glasgow. If I finish work at say half 6, it's very tight to get through. That's from Edinburgh as well. Anyone further afield would push making the game even if they finish at the usual 5pm.

One good thing about Friday games is that it means you don't miss all the Saturday action on radio and what not.

I see there's outrage from Celtic fans at their fixture, not being the first of the season to unveil the flag. Although the flag would be from a now defunct (in name) organisation.

The bad thing about Friday is more for people outwith Glasgow. If I finish work at say half 6, it's very tight to get through. That's from Edinburgh as well. Anyone further afield would push making the game even if they finish at the usual 5pm.

One good thing about Friday games is that it means you don't miss all the Saturday action on radio and what not.

I see there's outrage from Celtic fans at their fixture, not being the first of the season to unveil the flag. Although the flag would be from a now defunct (in name) organisation.

As is ours

Putting the TV revenue aside there's two issues here. I think there's an argument valid enough for friday night games against local opposition. Even if there might be a novelty factor involved clubs/Doncaster can claim a reasonable commercial decision has been made.

The other side of the coin tho' could be an adverse effect on season ticket sales. I'm fairly certain most fans don't buy season tickets out of obligation, some sort of blind loyalty. No doubt many do but I'd say the majority purchase a season ticket principally for their own commercial reasons. Take the value for money aspect of a season ticket completely out the equation for fans that find friday or monday nights unsuitable is a dangerous route to take.

I'd like to think Mr Doncaster would be aware of this. But we're talking here of a guy who under his watch launched top tier friday night football with a Dons v Pars game. Of all the fixtures that could've been chosen the SPL went for a match where the away fans couldn't attend travelling by public transport.

Apologies if already asked but what sort of tv revenue are we likely to get.

One match is being shown by BT the other by BBC Alba - will they both pay the same amounts.

I know BBC Alba paid around £9000 to home SFL teams last season (which isn't that much) we got £15000 because we were in the Ramsdens cup final. I am wondering if they will pay slightly more for SPL games

I think that would make an interesting poll. You usually have to attend every home league game to get your money's worth and not everyone is able (or even wants) to do that.

Every season ticket I've bought (going back to the '80s, although I've gone through spells where I haven't had one) has been on the basis of showing my backing for the club. It also eases my conscience if I miss any home league games :) .

• Like 1

Well, in that case I'm all for it, at least for the United game. :)

Edited by H Wragg

I read that all funds for matches are pooled by the league and every club gets an equal share with end of season league position determining how much more clubs get. So no direct payment to the club for televised league games. We would only benefit in that way from a televised cup game.

Two back to back Friday games is a bit much. Means some fans won't be able to see a home league game until end of August/September. Also not great that the opposition teams are from the East of Scotland, imo. Wil have an impact on the Saturday. We may get some neutrals and Thistle fans who can't make Saturdays for whatever reason.

It can't be changed, but moving a game for Alba seems a bit much. They usually do replays of a 3pm game on a Saturday evening.

I got a season ticket despite starting a new job that can involve weekend work. At least I'm in training for the start of the season so should make most games in the crucial opening stages to the season.

I think that would make an interesting poll. You usually have to attend every home league game to get your money's worth and not everyone is able (or even wants) to do that.

Every season ticket I've bought (going back to the '80s, although I've gone through spells where I haven't had one) has been on the basis of showing my backing for the club. It also eases my conscience if I miss any home league games :) .

Don't want to go down the better supporter road but It might be reasonable to assume many regular posters on here would be similar to you. So I don't think a poll would really prove anything. Even tho' if it was the case that fans buy season tickets more from an altruistic than a commercial perspective then it's still very dangerous ground for the Club to take season ticket holders for granted.

We've seen the fan unrest re the North Stand thingy. I can understand they'll feel their custom is being taken for granted. OK the Club are not at fault for how many friday or monday night games we play but they'll either have to alter their pricing policy for STs or accept sales will be lower than what they would be if fixture dates were known at purchase. Long winded way of saying that even if attendances for these rearranged games hold up it'll likely be at a cost over a longer term.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett