Potential Heartsache

CCjag

Heres me thinking that our kids go free policy was for all fans coming to Firhill. Is that not normally the case?

As mentioned above it has changed. Home u16s still go free for league games, away u16s don't.

Originally the club was charging £22 adults, £15 concessions and had a set number of u16 tickets free for the away end. They weren't allowed to charge away fans £22 and home fans £20 so changed it to £20, £14 and £5 for away fans.

Thats a shame. I think it was something that is needed across the all clubs in Scotland. Don,t want to change the course of this thread but I wish we just charged everyone the same and let away supporters bring there kids for free also. It seems Hearts have a priority points system for fans to get tickets and if that meant a Dad and son/daughter were eligible for tickets then it would have been no issue to let that kid enter for free.

• Like 1

Getting the thread back on course. Congrats to the club for listening to our massive thread concerning the North Stand and not caving for the option of moving all Jags fans to the JHS.

Hopefully that will be rewarded with the North Stand almost full.

Serious question, why are you so irate about everything to do with the BoD these days? You seem very worked up about a number of things and from what I remember of your posting history I don't think is used to be the case. What's bothered you so much?

We had the buildings of something very very good last year on the park, in the stands and off the park.

The 12th man..... remember that??

Archie and the lads have stepped up

The fans have stepped up backed the team and bought the tickets

The board have taken 2 guys on that have contributed nothing (1 is a Celtic ST holder), they have downsized the office staff, they have back-flipped on 2 major decisions (NS will always be for the Jags, and Kids for free for ALL clubs), their communication has been crap.

Now we are at the top table have we had the board coming out pushing ST's? listening or involving ONETHISTLE (Allegedly they heard of the NS Celtic move via ST holders renewing)?

We had Beattie preached his morality stance to all and sundry over Ratnamarra, how things would always be done the right way not to rip folk off, so now what we doing in regards Kids for free and the Celtic game......... yip cash over everything else!!!! To hell with the fans or our standing easiest buck possible, and as for catering they don't listen or care, TAG & Centenary fund they don't seem to give a toss, and as for deciding to make the DVD 3 weeks ago (3 month AFTER the end of the season) it shows how interested or connected to the fans wishes they really are.

Simple question does the actions OFF THE FIELD make you believe the club is taking it seriously and are desperate to keep all the fans and bring in more fans and revenue. The ON THE FIELD actions have as has the efforts of ONETHISTLE.

• Like 2

Have to agree with Norgethistle, I was praising the BoD for the success we enjoyed last season , even asked that we thank David Beattie for his input and still believe he did a great job for us , but this last few months seem to be a bit exasperating concerning transparency, why do we have to kept in the dark ? and , surely something has to be done with the Bing !! that would solve all the issues as would police searches of ALL fans going into the Main stand not just the Tic supporters, and keep the North Stand (12th man) free for NS ST holders .

Don't you believe in football integrity? It was obvious that Hearts were doomed to admin from the start of the year. They managed to stave off the inevitable by racking up more debts and stuffing the supporters trust. They even spent most of this season's ticket income before going into admin. They should have been relegated for the latter alone.

However, we should be confident that our management and players have the ability to stay up without the benefit of a 15 point advantage over one of our opponents. Frankly, I would be more comfortable playing Morton this season. I would not prostitute sporting integrity for a 15 point advantage over any club. What a difference 12 months makes!

1st of all, there is no integrity in football - Jags included.

2nd, it was the SFA or SPL who initially said that there had been no administration event at the end of last season. Otherwise they would have finished below Dundee

3rd, is it not about time Thistle benefitted from decisions made by football authorities

How much a week do you think they are paying Danny Wilson, who they signed on the 30th June after the SFA allowed it but had tried to initially put it through on the 10th of June, but were in process of winding up order for unpaid tax, remember they went into administration on the 19th of June.

Our £2300 pound is small compared to his annual salary plus bonuses, if they hadn't signed him when fully knowing where they were heading the following week they could have saved more

Again, the SFA allowed it. Do you think that if Thistle were in the same situation they wouldn't try it.

You complain that the BoD aren't looking after revenue, yet removing free kids for away fans to allow us to limit them to 2,300 tickets to allow us to keep the NS for Jags fans despite the fact that we'll never justify it by having 8,000 fans in attendance also gets you complaining. And it's not the complaints, it's how often you repeat them and how you appear angry about almost everything.

I think the BoD have generally done decent, and right now I'd much rather sit back and enjoy Premiership football watching the best Thistle team of my lifetime, with a prudently run club that is paying off its debt and safeguarding its future so my own kids can support Thistle, rather than worrying about smaller things that would have appeared entirely trivial against the issues we had under previous BoD's.

Amazingly I don't recall you being that angry previously, even though you would have had much more cause to be.

• Like 1

You complain that the BoD aren't looking after revenue, yet removing free kids for away fans to allow us to limit them to 2,300 tickets to allow us to keep the NS for Jags fans despite the fact that we'll never justify it by having 8,000 fans in attendance also gets you complaining. And it's not the complaints, it's how often you repeat them and how you appear angry about almost everything.

I think the BoD have generally done decent, and right now I'd much rather sit back and enjoy Premiership football watching the best Thistle team of my lifetime, with a prudently run club that is paying off its debt and safeguarding its future so my own kids can support Thistle, rather than worrying about smaller things that would have appeared entirely trivial against the issues we had under previous BoD's.

Amazingly I don't recall you being that angry previously, even though you would have had much more cause to be.

Why not remove the kids for free for ALL fans then and take all the money........ that's what is important now is it not??

Kids for free for away fans may actually encourage parents who normally wouldn't travel to away grounds due to the cost to visit, it also was fair (And was communicated as so till the day before the DUFC game), i remember the kick up many moons ago when Clyde removed the parent & child gate for away fans only at Firhill in our 1st encounter as the "Visiting" team, we should be seen to do the same across the board, "The right way" as Mr Beattie told all the press.

As for being angry with other boards oh yes even on the previous forum, like a player try hard and get praised, don't try a toss and yes as a paying customer I have a right to air my displeasure (as long as its done in a sensible manner), its not anger with the current board its huge frustration the momentum of last year should have been pushed to its limits, DVD's TAGS, pushed the family club with Kids go free for all, pushed these out kept it going grown it to help keep us up, but no the clubs sat with its finger up its backside and upgraded a directors box......... this is the only thing that appears to have been completed on time and to standard.

There have obviously been problems over the summer, but do you not think that you are jumping on them too often and too hard ?

We had the buildings of something very very good last year on the park, in the stands and off the park. Do you really think that it is totally scuppered ?

The 12th man..... remember that?? The North Stand seemed to be in good voice vs Dundee Utd

Archie and the lads have stepped up Agreed

The fans have stepped up backed the team and bought the tickets Agreed

The board have taken 2 guys on that have contributed nothing (1 is a Celtic ST holder) - I know nothing about the 2 guys

they have downsized the office staff -(there seemed to be plenty people today when I collected my Season Ticket (at least 10)

they have back-flipped on 2 major decisions (NS will always be for the Jags, and Kids for free for ALL clubs), You really dont think that their hands have been tied by Police/Council/SPFL

their communication has been crap. - Agreed it hasn't been as prompt as it could have been, but generally has been in enough time for most fans

Now we are at the top table have we had the board coming out pushing ST's? listening or involving ONETHISTLE (Allegedly they heard of the NS Celtic move via ST holders renewing)? - This presumably what you mean by poor communication ?

We had Beattie preached his morality stance to all and sundry over Ratnamarra, how things would always be done the right way not to rip folk off, so now what we doing in regards Kids for free and the Celtic game......... yip cash over everything else!!!! -Its obviously not money over everything else, otherwise Hearts would be getting the North Stand as well

To hell with the fans or our standing easiest buck possible, and as for catering they don't listen or care, - You know all the ins and outs of the contract ?

TAG & Centenary fund they don't seem to give a toss- Maybe they took on more than they can chew with Tag - but what is the big deal you can still access the website for free just now instead of paying £60

and as for deciding to make the DVD 3 weeks ago (3 month AFTER the end of the season) it shows how interested or connected to the fans wishes they really are.- Have you done a poll ? How many fans wanted this. How much would it cost ?

Simple question does the actions OFF THE FIELD make you believe the club is taking it seriously and are desperate to keep all the fans and bring in more fans and revenue. My view is that it is the football that keep the fans coming and get new fans on board - none of this other stuff.

The ON THE FIELD actions have as has the efforts of ONETHISTLE. - I am a bit reluctant to comment about ONETHISTLE. Last season they were very prominent and Pro active, but I have seen and heard nothing this season

There have obviously been problems over the summer, but do you not think that you are jumping on them too often and too hard ?

Edited by Lenziejag

One of plus points of the Beattie era is the current board will sometimes respond to criticism, reverse the odd decision and there's some evidence they do take on board general consensus on here. That of course hasn't stopped them making mistakes appearing a bit underhand every now and again and apparently not following things thru.

For all their faults they're better than what went before. Maybe they know that and are prone to be complacent. Whatever, I think the sort of criticism Norgethistle, pottytrained, Ian Mac etc come up with is generally constructive and should be welcomed. There's a few others who just post unspecific subjective innuendo laden digs at the Club, which are unhelpful and probably counterproductive.

I fully realise that those already involved in Onethistle only operate within their own sphere of influence, which is both sensible and very welcome.. Maybe sometime soon someone will join Onethistle who has a remit for PR and customer service. Feel that communications are at present an Achilles heel. Decent and effective lines of communication may not solve all our ills but would help Board and fans at least appreciate the various off field problems at our Club.

One of plus points of the Beattie era is the current board will sometimes respond to criticism, reverse the odd decision and there's some evidence they do take on board general consensus on here. That of course hasn't stopped them making mistakes appearing a bit underhand every now and again and apparently not following things thru.

For all their faults they're better than what went before. Maybe they know that and are prone to be complacent. Whatever, I think the sort of criticism Norgethistle, pottytrained, Ian Mac etc come up with is generally constructive and should be welcomed. There's a few others who just post unspecific subjective innuendo laden digs at the Club, which are unhelpful and probably counterproductive.

I fully realise that those already involved in Onethistle only operate within their own sphere of influence, which is both sensible and very welcome.. Maybe sometime soon someone will join Onethistle who has a remit for PR and customer service. Feel that communications are at present an Achilles heel. Decent and effective lines of communication may not solve all our ills but would help Board and fans at least appreciate the various off field problems at our Club.

Really? Any recent, meaningful examples?

For all their faults they're better than what went before.

Sorry to edit your post LIB but I feel the above quote is quite significant.

Of course they are better than what we had before, but so what? I don't think it's possible to be any worse than Cowan, Hughes & McMaster.

Because of the 3 amigos listed above I think that as a fanbase we are too quick to accept mediocrity. Anyone who thinks we are doing a good job off the park should really take a look around the other SPL clubs. They are light years ahead of us in pretty much every department. Of course I wouldn't expect us to catch up with them immediately, but I certainly didn't expect this level of incompetence in such abundance.

We've been conditioned to expect the very least of the custodians who run our club. Surely now, with the players exceeding everyone's expectations so spectacularly, is it not time that we also expected a bit more from those who are employed to run the club?

Why not remove the kids for free for ALL fans then and take all the money........ that's what is important now is it not??

Kids for free for away fans may actually encourage parents who normally wouldn't travel to away grounds due to the cost to visit, it also was fair (And was communicated as so till the day before the DUFC game), i remember the kick up many moons ago when Clyde removed the parent & child gate for away fans only at Firhill in our 1st encounter as the "Visiting" team, we should be seen to do the same across the board, "The right way" as Mr Beattie told all the press.

As for being angry with other boards oh yes even on the previous forum, like a player try hard and get praised, don't try a toss and yes as a paying customer I have a right to air my displeasure (as long as its done in a sensible manner), its not anger with the current board its huge frustration the momentum of last year should have been pushed to its limits, DVD's TAGS, pushed the family club with Kids go free for all, pushed these out kept it going grown it to help keep us up, but no the clubs sat with its finger up its backside and upgraded a directors box......... this is the only thing that appears to have been completed on time and to standard.

Sorry to edit your post LIB but I feel the above quote is quite significant.

Of course they are better than what we had before, but so what? I don't think it's possible to be any worse than Cowan, Hughes & McMaster.

Because of the 3 amigos listed above I think that as a fanbase we are too quick to accept mediocrity. Anyone who thinks we are doing a good job off the park should really take a look around the other SPL clubs. They are light years ahead of us in pretty much every department. Of course I wouldn't expect us to catch up with them immediately, but I certainly didn't expect this level of incompetence in such abundance.

We've been conditioned to expect the very least of the custodians who run our club. Surely now, with the players exceeding everyone's expectations so spectacularly, is it not time that we also expected a bit more from those who are employed to run the club?

completely agree.

whilst we are all enjoying the fabulous football on the pitch, and vocal praise should rightly go to the players and coaching staff for this, and we are all enjoying the high of the excellent football ..... that should never be a reason to ignore any of the failings off the park of our club, whenever these occur, or to shine a light on them and question such failings or where appropriate, be vocal about these failings and campaign for change.

same goes if vice-versa for if off the pitch is excellent and on the pitch is failing. thankfully the latter of these hasn't been an issue for more than a year (in the main).

Really? Any recent, meaningful examples?

Before the season started and after the news that Celtic fans would be getting the North Stand, there were claims on here to expect that the jags fans would be getting moved for other games - in particular Hearts and Dundee Utd.

Now these people have to either accept that they were scaremongering or that Thistle listened to the supporters and changed their mind.

But all you get is them still banging on about things that they think are important and no acknowledgement whatsoever that Thistle have done the right thing.

Before the season started and after the news that Celtic fans would be getting the North Stand, there were claims on here to expect that the jags fans would be getting moved for other games - in particular Hearts and Dundee Utd.

Now these people have to either accept that they were scaremongering or that Thistle listened to the supporters and changed their mind.

But all you get is them still banging on about things that they think are important and no acknowledgement whatsoever that Thistle have done the right thing.

If Hearts or Dundee United looked like bringing 5000 fans we would have been moved, just as we are with Celtic taking the NS and 1/3 of the JHS

These things could still happen LJ. We have only played 1 home game so far.

You really are running out of excuses here in your attempts to defend the club.

Edited by ian_mac

I've no idea what you mean... Done the right thing, with regards to what?

Things we think are important, like having Season tickets sent out on time, or drawing the club lottery on time, or seeing through a new scheme (TAG) and completing the draw for a free trip as promised, or sending timely and correct information out (ST's are ready for collection, folk turn up and their batch aren't), or honouring statements over kids going free for all.

Call me picky but these are basics

I am only making my second ever post here so bear with me.

Re "what have the board ever done for us theme" which has taken over this topic, no one seems to remember the re-laid pitch which must have cost a bob or two? Good enough to play well on.

The new dug-outs? Incidentally did anyone else spot the old ones dumped unceremoniously on the South Terracing. Are we saving them for a rainy day? Could we house under16 Jambos in them?

Lastly, I now have my season ticket plastic thingy - hope the gate opens/turns.

Edited by weejim

Re "what have the board ever done for us theme" which has taken over this topic, no one seems to remember the re-laid pitch which must have cost a bob or two? Good enough to play well on.

The new dug-outs? Incidentally did anyone else spot the old ones dumped unceremoniously on the South Terracing. Are we saving them for a rainy day? Could we house under16 Jambos in them?

Relaying the pitch is a routine task which happens nearly every year. Hardly a massive achievement.

The new dugouts? Again, how is paying another company to come in and install new dugouts a big deal?

Point I was making was that money has been spent. Hopefully the team were first priority.

But I agree that if there is any doubt about the state of the main stand it needs attention. i do not subscribe to the opinion that away fans should take what they get. It's like our house - the bogs should at least have paper and soap for visitors.

relaying pitch yearly is a standard occurrance for most professional football clubs (who don't have a artifical surface) these days, so all such clubs have to budget for this.

new dugouts may have been a spfl requirement, and even if not, as ian-mac points out, how is it a big deal?

now the new comfy directors seats, now that's a big deal. well done board. good job.

as for the broken or ski sloped seats punters have to put up with year after year with no fix or replacement ..... no big deal. don't worry about it board. these are only seats for the paying customers, the plebs, the mugs. don't worry about fixing these. good board.

Things we think are important, like having Season tickets sent out on time, or drawing the club lottery on time, or seeing through a new scheme (TAG) and completing the draw for a free trip as promised, or sending timely and correct information out (ST's are ready for collection, folk turn up and their batch aren't), or honouring statements over kids going free for all.

Call me picky but these are basics

The basics are getting a good team on the park.