Striking Solution

QueensXkid

Just read the manager's reaction on the OS. What you'd expect: getting through most important, annoyed at losing goal after scoring (he mentioned Gabriel was struggling with a bit of cramp at the start of extra time - did that contribute?) but one thing he said at the end was of interest. Asked if any moves in our out of club soon.

“Not out I think, I hope not anyway, but hopefully we might get one more in. We’re still trying and we’ll keep trying up to the window closing.”

So a striker? I must admit I don't see us having much money left but a loan player perhaps; maybe a forward equivalent of Fraser?

Can we have striker please before Monday? Made worse today by the fact it's Murder MacLeod is telling me we're all over St Mirren but garbage in the final third.

Tonight please as the deadline for SPFL transfer (including loan) registrations is this evening. Today is a "working day" in Scotland but not in England, Wales or other European countries. If not, we will have to get a free agent in.

Edited by kni

Tonight please as the deadline for SPFL transfer (including loan) registrations is this evening. Today is a "working day" in Scotland but not in England, Wales or other European countries. If not, we will have to get a free agent in.

And as Archie has pointed out, players are holding out for Monday to see if they can pick up an offer in England, understandably as they can get more money.

So which genius decided to close our transfer window early?

I really don't think we have a problem (though with ten minutes to go I maybe did). But with a bit more luck, not necessarily with better finishing, Thistle could easily have had four or five today. Three shots in the second half looked like they were cleared off the line with the keeper beaten (far end so not absolutely sure). The way that we are dominating possession it just isn't that easy to score, because other teams are forced to sit in. May seem like a daft comparison, but you don't see Spain hammering teams that often.

I think it's important that the fans stick by the team and the style because playing like this we could win more games than we lose, but will lose games where we look the better team. And that would be an amazing achievement.

• 4 weeks later...

A lucky break as far as I am concerned. If this is the "best" we could hope for it doesn't say much for our budget or Archies eye for a striker. Either way I'd rather we took a chance on one less pool player and pushed the wage for better quality. Other than getting injured Doolan offers more than Gow and warrants a decent chance compared to providing a wage to this journeyman waster.

Right, this is not totallyin jest, even if it is a bit of a long shot. Listening to Usain Bolt who was talking for his love of football and how he would like to play for Man Utd one day and thinks he is good enough for a trial. He says he is a forward. How about offering him a deal until January to show what he can do while the athletics season is closed. The worst that could happen is he would say no and just imagine the extra on the gate if he was to say yes and play. With his pace, teams would be frightened of pushing up on the midfield which might also give us more time in midfield.

Right, this is not totallyin jest, even if it is a bit of a long shot. Listening to Usain Bolt who was talking for his love of football and how he would like to play for Man Utd one day and thinks he is good enough for a trial. He says he is a forward. How about offering him a deal until January to show what he can do while the athletics season is closed. The worst that could happen is he would say no and just imagine the extra on the gate if he was to say yes and play. With his pace, teams would be frightened of pushing up on the midfield which might also give us more time in midfield.

Or he would be halved the first time he got near the ball

You can bolt with that suggestion! :D

• 1 month later...