Kilmarnock Away Saturday 21St December

little_miss_jag

Boxing Day concerns me. Ict have a big cb raven? Who throws himself at every cross and doesn't care if he gets hurt. Probably a good bet for anytime scorer

ICT were impressive in the 2nd half today, they are big, physical, fast and know where the goal is, BUT as Aberdeen showed they can be vulnerable at the back.

This could be a very tricky game, but maybe time to get 1st home win of the season, would be very Thistle to do that

I don't think Norge is calling for Archie's head. Infact I think he's defending him by suggesting there is no scouting network.

I think his main point was towards all these folk who thought we'd cruise survival, push for a top 6 and generally lorded us better than the bottom 6 teams.

I think his point is that those with delusions of grandeur get realistic and reAlise we have alwTs been and are in a battle. And as such, get off the managers back, because we should expect there will be bad times.

That's what I took from it.

Agree that Norge isn't calling for Archie's head but regrettably some idiots are. Not sure about the point of realism though my take is a message of doom, we are in free fall and heading for the play offs that we can never win. Negative twaddle that just doesn't have any credence at present, not because we won't end there but because we are one of four and to suggest we will automatically fail isn't the definition if fan in my view. Not sure what good it does Norge to feel this but for me it's better if they keep it to themselves I don't need that negative though process when it's far from neccessary at this time.

We may be a better footballing side but all these teams are getting more points than us, and Hibs & Killie have taken 4 points from us, St Mirren 3, hearts 1. We play County and hearts soon so we'll see how we manage up points wise home and away against all the other bottom 6 clubs.

I agree what you say though we're a final ball/pass long shot away from turning performances to points, the difficulty is identifying and getting the person or persons to make that transition, and without a scout that's almost impossible for Archie to do

Do you think that getting a scout now, 10 days before the window opens, is enough time to identify, make contact and complete deals. That's a lot of pressure you are putting on a scout. Getting a scout is probably more important for next season, whatever division we are in. However, whether it is now or later, we need to get the right scout- not just anybody

Do you think that getting a scout now, 10 days before the window opens, is enough time to identify, make contact and complete deals. That's a lot of pressure you are putting on a scout. Getting a scout is probably more important for next season, whatever division we are in. However, whether it is now or later, we need to get the right scout- not just anybody

No we should have a scout in place before Alan Dick retired, but the board never thought that was needed.

How a SPFL club or a professional club at all cannot employ a scout is shocking

Well that was a right kick in the nackers today - still can't believe we lost that game. The first time we played Killie, I thought they were utter sh1te, and after today my opinion hasn't changed. Says a lot about us that we can't beat them.

Real frustration for me today was how we played after we scored. Some real nice stuff for the goal and some more really nice stuff for 5 minutes after we scored. But then all of a sudden we went flat and pedestrian like most of the first half.

And so to some individual players. Gabby turning in some good performances; Balatoni poor today - distribution was awful at times; ATS in and out of game (mostly out) and I lost count of the number of times he could (and should) have continued a run forward instead of stopping, turning round and playing a side or backward pass - maybe too preoccupied about transfer speculation?

Baird can feck off tomorrow and take Forbes with him, who had another lazy sub appearance. How some people want him to start amazes me.

Very disappointing result but I still have faith we will stay up if we can remove silly errors, get rid of some who are taking a wage under false pretences, and get in a solid centre back, and a striker to partner Doolan.

Big col what about higgy apart from missing a sitter what did he do? I thought he was a great signing but now in getting more and more concerned that he is exceedingly over rated at times. What has banning an done of late?craigen?balatoni?

Seems the easy option is always to go for Kerr, Baird, lawless or Forbes while the others who are getting far more game time than these others can put in awful performances but never be in danger of being dropped

I honestly think the focus has to be on our home form - if we can sort that and start picking up 3pts on a more regular basis, we'll be fine. Anything we get anywhere away is a bonus.

There isn't a fan in the land that doesn't go to home games expecting to pick up something, and Killie fans will all be feeling that they got what they expected tonight.

January is a massive month for all the reasons highlighted in previous posts.

Big col what about higgy apart from missing a sitter what did he do? I thought he was a great signing but now in getting more and more concerned that he is exceedingly over rated at times. What has banning an done of late?craigen?balatoni?

Seems the easy option is always to go for Kerr, Baird, lawless or Forbes while the others who are getting far more game time than these others can put in awful performances but never be in danger of being dropped

I'd love to know the stats, but I'd say Higgy has probably had more shots on target than any other player this season, Doolan included. It's incredible he's scored so few.

I don't think lawless or forbes are up for the premiership what so ever and we wouldn't miss either if they left in jNuary.

Craigan came to us as a forward, he's spent the last few weeks playing defensive midfield has he not?

Bannigan and welsh have let me down. Although both have hAd injuries. Have they ever been fully fit when they returned?

I have to Admire Elliott, I never gVe him a second glance and thought he was a duffer right up until the st Johnstone away game. Since them he has put in some solid performances. Though we tend to play as a midfield 4 when he's on the right.

Muirhead, it scares me how wrong I got it, I thought he had English premiership written all over him, but his reading of the game in the Premiership is worrying at times, he can be miles off his man.

Balatoni', I just don't know, last season he was the luckiest player in the league, balls bounced off his shin to Sinclair to charge on. Now he falls over his own shoe laces.

Third Lanark - can't disagree with you. I said ages ago that Bannigan needed a spell on the bench and someone else should get a chance, as he had gone off the boil. As for Higgy, he hit the byline today a couple of times but agree he is not playing at the level he has demonstrated earlier in season.Balatoni isn't flameproof and as I said in my post, he was poor today and has been the past couple of games. And whilst it is easy to say that players should be dropped we don't really have quality to take their place and that's the problem.

I'm not picking on Baird or Forbes just because other posters are - I'm mentioning them because they were poor today and in other games when they have come on. The argument that subs don't get enough time to impress doesn't wash with me. They come on fully fit and fresh at a time when opposition players are tired. Coming on as a sub is surely an opportunity to impress and show the manager why they should get a start?

Did Baird or Forbes do that today?

Interesting debate about Forbes,should he be starting etc etc,Archie at the recent Q and A said he had doubts about Forbes fitness levels,not sure how that works when we've got a fitness coach who should be monitoring that !! ,even today when he came on for the last 10 mins he couldn't even give us a shift. Not doubting his ability but his attitude should be questioned,give him 3 weeks off and tell him to get himself fit !!,as for Baird not good enough at this level,unless Archie pulls something out of the bag in January ,I still maintain losing Stef Craig was a huge mistake.

• Like 1

If Archie persists with Craigen, Piccolo, Baird and puts Kerr on the bench then it’s time to go. Elliott is so out his depth in this league its embarrassment.

Good luck to ATS but if he is Celtic quality and European class then the unwashed eastenders are in worse shape than is thought.

Acrhie is now being exposed as a manager; he has messed about with the defence when he had to concentrate on getting goals. If you lose a goal then you just go and score a goal. Against Perth the game getting rained off was like a good result, 45min without even one shot at the net... not even a corner

I think Archie's getting hung out to dry to be quite honest, but we'llsee just how much he's getting to spend in January to improve.

The guy has an assistant, an under 20 coach and a part time fitness analyst, that's it.

How the hell can he take training, prepare the team for Saturday, scout players and watch future opposition as well as everything else involved in the job! He's not a miracle worker.

Fans told us we don't need tag or a DVD as this is the land of milk and honey, so where's the money going?

Stadium upkeep hasn't increased on last season from what I can see, we now pay 125k to the debt every year, halved after Propco. Away crowds are massively up and we aren't paying out win bonuses! We 're paying guys 500 quid a week to play in the top tier.

• Like 1

I have never posted on this site....from last season I have been a very interested onlooker. Tonight though, I felt that the criticism of Archie has been totally unjustified! Did anyone seriously think that we were going to waltz our way through this league? Beating teams like kille, Ross Co and hibs along the way? We all knew it was going to be a massive struggle up here....against teams that have been here long before us and teams that will be here for years to come! I know we have said it time and time again this season.....all too often to be fair.....but we are better than the teams around us.....by a long way! I still haven't seen a team in the bottom six that I would rather go and watch every week more than us....if we add a couple of additions to the team that will improve us in January then the results will improve....of that I'm sure! People calling for Archies head are far too premature! If we fail at the end of the season.....which i'm certain we won't then let's take a look at our manager.....but right now lets get right behind the team.....they are owed that!

• Like 4

I am not sure what your point is, you appear to be of the view we aren't better than the other bottom 6 teams probably a view shared by most rational fans. So to say we are in a relegation battle and need to dig out every point is pretty much standard fare for most bottom 6 teams.

If we do ultimately go down then despite who is in the old 1st Div we will have a fight on to get out. You don't need a crystal ball or a negative disposition to realise that just look at our recent history. If you did you would be better prepared to deal with the current position and get behind the team every week to help them dig out the points.

Back the team and cut out the stupid negative crap that rises every bad result. Let's deal with play offs when we are actually in one, managers are people and this one doesn't deserve or need the rot that some are spouting. He is learning his trade and we enjoyed the first part of his development, it's got tough so let's get rid, great way to treat someone who hadn't failed yet.

Totally agree with you man. Everyone needs to just calm the **** down. Sack Archie? right, if thats a good idea. who are you all putting forward for the job? who knows the players and the setup, who will save us from going down? who is that person? dont need all of the negativity i love my team and i will support them whether they are winning or loosing. Then naysayers need to get over themselves and get behind archie and the boys.

I completely agree. Higginbotham has lots of nice wee touches but very little end product. He almost always chooses the wrong option; he may have a lot of shots but how many have ended up as a goal? His sitter yesterday epitomises the entire team - lovely stuff to watch up to the last minute but if you don't do the basics it's pointless.

ATS could go right now if we had another left back. We have taken him as far as we can; he has improved but as a player he needs better coaching to take him to the next level. His delivery in particular is very poor.

Don't understand the criticism of Craigan; he's had one or two bad games but on the whole he's fine. Baird on the other hand......

Someone needs to explain to me how our management team of two ex-defenders can sit week after week and watch the same mistakes being made. Cross balls and clearing lines are basic, basic stuff.

However calls for them to go are a joke. People have very short memories. Less than 6 months after a 20 odd game unbeaten run and they're rubbish for struggling in a higher league of which we aren't even close to being bottom of??

Tell us then - who is the messiah with the master plan?????????

• Like 1

I'll say again...

Archie needs to be given support from the BoD.

As one of the previous posters said a few posts back, if they think there's no need for TAG or a DVD .... They must be sitting comfortably financially. We even got SKY money from Anerreen cup game.

The youth set up is financed externally now & then the club shop & catering outsourced so no outlay there.

We also had the JM compo from Dundee Utd & a significant increase in crowds (income).

I know we offered better terms to certain players but imo the budget Archie given meant that players like Forbes & Elliot re-signed, probably predominantly as squad players, but not good enough to be regulars in 1st division they were never likely to in SPL.

Others deserved their chance but are struggling.

So the BoD should be digging deep to bring in at least a couple of experienced heads to help us over next year/18 months.

They should also be digging deep to give Archie the resources to do his job properly.

If these things are done & results are not improving then by all means call for the mamager's head but for now criticism should be aimed at Beattie & co.

Funny how he's been quiet this year compared to last...

On Steven Craig, he was struggling at the end of last season.

His wages were being supplemented by a 3rd party.

He was released by an SPL team who obviously felt he wasn't up to that level.

He's spent a lot of this season on Wycombe's bench or injured.

& for those saying League 2 a higher level than SPL. It's all comparable.

A lot of good footballers I'm sure in that league but then you have guys like Akinfenwa who's more suited to the gym or American Football than football!!

Give Archie the proper resources then judge him.

how is subs getting it again??? Baird was on for 15 mins 3 efforts on goal 3 on target and set up Higgy chance!!!! Forbes free kick which lead to a great save from the keeper. Need to wake up and smell the coffee these players haven't scored since August and the boys that aren't playing are getting it. Come on let's be fair!!!

• Like 2

The problem with most on here was that they got ridiculously carried away with the start we made, when the more reasonably minded fans stated that 10th would be a fantastic achievement. Those that were predicting top 6 finishes are the ones that are putting the pressure on Archie now. We have the lowest budget in the league, pay the lowest wages, have one of the youngest squads in the league...not quite sure what some fans are expecting. We are still in there fighting and just why so many people think we will not be able to beat the likes of Hamilton, Falkirk or Raith if we do end up in the play offs, is frankly unbelievable.

Edited by Lindau