Thistle V Ross

The Cup

Fox

Sod - Balatoni - Gabby - Ats

Kerr - Craigen

Elliott - Lawless - Higgy

Taylor

I'd like to see Lawless play in the hole, he's most dangerous there. If we can get our noses in front we can go on to win. 2-1 to the mighty Thistle. Mon the Jags.

I agree with you man, i think when stevie plays in the hole he is at his most dangerous. If not lawless then it may be interesting to see how dools fairs in the hole aswell. it would enable him to a have a free role that does not have as much pressure as the lone striker role he has been playing all season. I think either of the options is worth a look. Archie really needs to start getting some players in and putting pen to paper. Dean Shields is a nice player, if we can afford him. My morton mate says he is going to them. Which for me is ridiculous, if they can get him then we should be able to at least get him on loan till the end of the season. I would rather have a shot with him than miss out.

Ross County have done some good business, i cannot comment on the standard of the players that they have brought in because i dont know any of them. We really need 3 points on saturday and the boys need to show some of that fighting spirit that we showed last season. Ross County are as good as Morton where last season, so we can beat them. However they have that little bit more top flight experience that we so desperately require. Mark Kerr, if he plays needs to pull his weight, and on the showings of himself this season he has not done that at all.

On e jags

Heelan jag your Morton mate is fantasising. Shiels is on 7K a week and looking for a 200K pay off from Ragers to leave. Of course he won't expect to get that elsewhere but he won't be looking to drop his wage too much either. Only suggestion I've seen is Hibs supposed to be after him - they could afford a wage he'd accept (though lower than Ragers wage). We couldn't (and neither could most teams round about us.

Edited by Mr Bunny

We don't want to see Filip Kiss starting for County, their fans on P&B don't think he will as he only just arrived. This guy should be able to carve out a career at a half decent (English) Championship team from what I remember of his time at Cardiff. I'd be weary of him with Osbourne and co in there, let alone what we are likely to end up with tomorrow.

The big question is who is going to fill the void in midfield, should Muirhead not make it? McMillan or Kerr are the first names to mind, one perhaps not quite match fit and one not quite showing he is up to the task. I reckon Lawless will get the shout just behind Taylor.

This could be a tough one. Or, if you want to be optimistic....a chance for a couple of players to stake a real claim to start in the coming weeks! :D

Don't see why people have Kerr in ahead of Wilson, Wilson has had a place on the bench ahead of Kerr & played v Celtic ahead of Kerr, wouldn't make sense to then chuck Kerr in against Ross County. Give me a hungry young player playing an important match than an experienced player that hasn't shown anything in the matches he has played in so far.

http://ptfc.co.uk/te..._county/preview

Preview on...

Muirhead is 50/50 and there is no mention of any signings.

And interestingly/worryingly: "Stuart Bannigan is injured which is obviously a blow"... I thought he was suspended for tomorrow anyway but seems he is also injured now! Another reason why we needed a midfielder signed this week.

Edited by mhs

http://ptfc.co.uk/te..._county/preview

Preview on...

Muirhead is 50/50 and there is no mention of any signings.

And interestingly/worryingly: "Stuart Bannigan is injured which is obviously a blow"... I thought he was suspended for tomorrow anyway but seems he is also injured now! Another reason why we needed a midfielder signed this week.

Should read suspended. Whoops.