Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Hasselbaink always seemed to me to be a very Christie Elliott-esque player. Plenty of pace and power but not a lot of technical ability to his game really.

I think that's doing him a bit of a disservice. He's averaged six goals a season from the wing over the past three seasons, which is pretty decent, considering he's not always been a regular starter.

I think he's got a bit more on the ball than Elliott. I'm by no means an expert on Wee Nige, but think he would be worth looking at.

I think that's doing him a bit of a disservice. He's averaged six goals a season from the wing over the past three seasons, which is pretty decent, considering he's not always been a regular starter.

I think he's got a bit more on the ball than Elliott. I'm by no means an expert on Wee Nige, but think he would be worth looking at.

I'm not saying hasselbaink is a bad player, but I don't think he's the type of player we should be after. He probably does have more on the ball than Christie, but given his improvement, especially in the last few games of the season if we were going with that type of player I'd rather Elliott than hasselbaink.

Higdon is, unfortunately, going to be nowhere near firhill in a thistle shirt next season. If he were to return to Scotland it'd be to a bigger club than ourselves, maybe Aberdeen or indeed back to Motherwell.

Hasselbaink always seemed to me to be a very Christie Elliott-esque player. Plenty of pace and power but not a lot of technical ability to his game really.

i always thought Nigel had plenty of technical ability to Christie and was superior in that respect. I thought Nigel was suspect sometimes in attitude whereas Christie will try his all and give it everything I remember a st mirren fan saying that Nigel appeared to him to have an attitude problem

Not many pickings out of that lot who would improve us and would be affordale-

Aberdeen- none, Vernon would be OK backup but I think he'll be on a fair wedge.

Celtic- nah

Utd- Gomis maybe, like his old mucker Buaben he seems to have regressed though. Gunning is chasing the £££.

Hearts- would take MacDonald but very unlikely as we would need Gallacher not to sign and there'll be tons of clubs after him. I actually think Hamill is OK...

Hibs- LOL no. Thomson is still decent but would be on a high wage and is injury prone. Wouldn't take Cairney back.

ICT- all unproven weans.

Killie- obviously Boyd but think we'll be at the back of a very long queue. Clingan seems decent and Barr if he could get fit.

Well- Lasley definitely but surely he'll finish his career there? Hutchinson too but we won't get him.

County- were we not linked with Carey last year? Ben Gordon might be OK at left back

St J- would take Cregg and Hasselbaink finances permitting.

St Mirren- Kello would fall into same bracket as the Hearts goalie. None of the others.

You're correct about Gordon. A right back but been played left back. Stuck record from me but I still think it's Hendrie we'd be after. Faded after an injury but still a young lad with real potential.

An interesting option. Not seen much of him myself but my mate is a season ticket holder at New Douglas Park and really seems to rate him.

I reckon he would be a good replacement for ATS. Has a decent delivery into the box and can score a few from free kicks.

He's more of a midfielder/winger than a left back. Agree he would be a good signing, but not in that position.

Seems like a fitter version of Ross Forbes.

He's more of a midfielder/winger than a left back. Agree he would be a good signing, but not in that position.

Seems like a fitter version of Ross Forbes.

Yeh he doesn't really do the left back defensive thingy that great. Going to be difficult replacing ATS.

Another player that's good on the ball and very good passer is Husband who is leaving the Pars. Always liked the way he played in the 1st Div. A few goals in him as well. I know he's got a good attitude but I'm not completely certain whether he could step up to SPFL. But if Cardle can go to County? . Would definitely be worth a trial..

did joe cardle not play for the pars in the spl?

If we are looking for a left back what about Ryan McGivern at Hibs? I know he is part of a terrible Hibs team but I'm sure it's the whole team and management to blame not just McGivern and with spl experience and in a different team he might do okay

Ryan McGivern is an utter donkey at full-back, did slightly better at centre half against Hamilton. If we signed him I would not renew my season ticket.

p.s. Pat Clarke released by East Fife ;)

Couple of interesting players on the freed list Hasselbank and Carey would offer an increase in quality. Hopefully explore the English market. The lad Dunne that St Johnstone loaned from Stevenage looks a competent midfielder.

I guess that counts us out then as we would be unlikely to be able to make an offer other than "we'll take him off your hands"....

Time for us to make a bid as the transfer fee they paid for him was no where near the £250k as reported in the press a year ago. Lyle has only a year of his contract left so Sheffield United who clearly want him off their wage bill. A transfer fee with a sell on clause could get the player to Firhill if we act quickly. His wage expections could be a problem however we need more quality if we want to stay in the premiership long term. Let's face it the increase in season ticket money would help part fund the transfer fee.

Edited by Glenboig Jag

Time for us to make a bid as the transfer fee they paid for him was no where near the £250k as reported in the press a year ago. Lyle has only a year of his contract left so Sheffield United who clearly want him off their wage bill. A transfer fee with a sell on clause could get the player to Firhill if we act quickly. His wage expections could be a problem however we need more quality if we want to stay in the premiership long term. Let's face it the increase in season ticket money would help part fund the transfer fee.

With last season's prize money & the increase in ST prices I'd expect the club to be aiming high & bring in Taylor & a quality centre half early in the transfer window.

Transfer fee for Taylor won't be an issue as such if he only has a year left. Take over his Sheff Utd contract?