Hamilton Game 23Rd August

thebiglemon

I don't see us changing system, and imagine we'll only make the enforced changes. Gallacher and Keenan coming in. Hopefully a nice quiet afternoon for both!

We should be looking to go out and win this one. Same as we've started the first 2, high tempo and hard working. If we do that, I'm confident we will prove too strong for them.

Aw naw; last night I had a dream that I came into work on Sunday morning, logged on to the forum, and saw various posts about who was to blame for Hamilton's 2nd and 3rd goals.......

But then I've also had dreams in which I've scored for Thistle, so maybe nothing to worry about.

I'll take a 6-3 win against Hamilton at home.

No idea how we'll line-up as we had a fairly changing line-up over the course of last season.

I'd go with the following for tomorrow:

Gallacher

SOD Balatoni Seabo Keenan

Fraser Ossimandius Bannigan

Elliott Stevo© Higginbotham

No idea how we'll line-up as we had a fairly changing line-up over the course of last season.

I'd go with the following for tomorrow:

Gallacher

SOD Balatoni Seabo Keenan

Fraser Ossimandius Bannigan

Elliott Stevo© Higginbotham

Gallacher

O'Donnell - Balatoni - Seaborne - Keenan

Osman - Bannigan

Fraser

Lawless - Stevenson - Higginbotham

This is the likely team. If we can get the 3 points here then we have made an excellent start.

Got Hamilton at a bad time given there recent good start - however I still think they will finish bottom. Asking a lot of a young boy like Keenan to play but given Archie has been unable bring in a left back we don't have much option.

Still think the best option is for him to go out on loan when we do get somebody in.

Still think the best option is for him to go out on loan when we do get somebody in.

I can't see us sending Keenan out on loan even if we do get another LB.

McMillan seems unable (at the moment) to get a run of games for us without picking up an injury.

If we put Keenan out & the new LB gets injured/suspended within a few games & McMillan not back then we're talking about moving one if the CH (likely Seaborne) or even Elliot into FB.

If best case scenario happens where a new signing comes in, everyone fit & Keenan finds himself down the pecking order there's always the development squad to keep him match fit until needed.

FWIW I think he'll become an important first team player for us this season.

From an interview with Higgy on the OS, regarding Hamilton:

"haven’t seen too much of them this season to be honest but people always say they like to play football"

Is it not common practice to view video of opponents before a match? This might be limited, being 1) early in the season and 2) Hamilton, but I would have thought Archie would have had the squad watching every available second.

Edited by BowenBoys

From an interview with Higgy on the OS, regarding Hamilton:

"haven’t seen too much of them this season to be honest but people always say they like to play football"

Is it not common practice to view video of opponents before a match? This might be limited, being 1) early in the season and 2) Hamilton, but I would have thought Archie would have had the squad watching every available second.

There are 11 other teams in the division. We will play them all. What is the point of obsessively watching 'every available second' of opponents games? Before a match I'm fairly sure the manager will go over the job he wants each player to do, possibly illustrated with video footage, if available. All managers will do that. Watching film of opponents playing isn't in itself going to help - will the same players be fielded against you? will they play the same way? - and it might be counter-productive. What if your players come to the conclusion that the team they've been watching is just too good, what about the impact on confidence? Or maybe they seem totally crap, so you go into the game over-confident? Better, much better, to focus on playing to your own strenghts and covering up your own weaknesses. If Higginbotham feels confident, that's great. (And we'll find out today whether it's misplaced or not!)

If strengths/weeknesses of particular players can be illustrated and countered/exploited then video is a useful tool. I would be surprised if we don't use it.

We are a Premier League team. None of our players should be over-awed or over-confident going into any game.

Can't argue with that. We probably do use whatever video is available. I heard Gary Fraser was at their first game and maybe one or two others went along as well. Archie was up at Dingwall that day so maybe Shaggy checked Accies out. I've no idea about the access to video but I'd e very surprised if we'd ignore it.

Paul Gallacher, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Stuart Bannigan, Ryan Stevenson, Steven Lawless, Kallum Higginbotham, Abdul Osman, Gary Fraser, Dale Keenan.

Subs: Scott Basalaj, James Craigen, Kris Doolan, Christie Elliott, David Wilson, Liam Lindsay, Chris Duggan.

Is Dan the Man carrying a knock ? Otherwise I'm surprised to see him dropped. Good to see Keenan getting his chance. I expected Dools to start