January Window

ayrshire jag

Worse transfer window ever.

Archie's contacts must be poor. Lambie would have brought in 6 and punted rid of 4 of them by now.

The LB position has a problem for a while and let's face it, Keenan won't make it. He was badly out his depth against Dundee United. Ayr United fans called him 'dug meat'. He's no more than a stop gap for a few games. He wouldn't be there if we have anyone decent.

Thankfully we've had a couple of games off recently and he's not been tested any more.

To quote yoursadself, and borrow pottytraineds signature .....

The Cup, on 05 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

We need to get behind the team and cut out this negative pish

The rage I create keeps this forum going.

it's not rage, it's despair we have to put up with your continued blinkered nonsense and stupidity, i'm all for free speech, but if you only spout tripe repeatedly , then it's within every other posters rights to pull you up for it, and ridicule you for it, repeatedly.

• Like 1

Archie really needs to get some decent contacts - he had 3 players lines up for loan and he ****** it up by not knowing the rules ! So he has basically been sitting there doing nothing thinking he had his men and then the rugs been swept out from under him ! Now he doesn't know what to do, will he stick with what he has or twist and sign some a shambles like moncur/eccelston etc

Nonsense.

George Moncur was anything but a shambles.

not a shambles but we brought him up and played him in too few games to see any benefit or his potential, got to agree with pinhead.. bit of a disappointment again the transfer window... the let downs with loan players to me is a bit unprofessional .. do you your dilligence before making a move then if not achievable .. plan b.. but it looks like it might a bit off.. hope I'm very wrong and we sign some new players to help keep us up

Moncur was shambolic signing. He arrived so unfit he couldn't play for 4 months.

Still better than Craigen though.

That is true, he was 3 stone overweight! I think (hope) that perhaps we get some of these loan players for next to nothing from wealthier clubs that are just glad to get them off their hands for a while.

I think it's clear that that Archie and the club are trying to bring in some players.....I always find it strange that some people think every move, contact or phone call should be made public so the fans can be reassured things are happening ! There is always more going on behind the scenes than we know

Looks like a left back, midfielder are def on the agenda

Anyone else pick up that Archie said we only have two full backs now, Dale and Stephen? Big hint that McMillan probably doesn't have a future at the club - all been very quiet which suggests he doesn't. If he did then I'm sure it would of been resolved much quicker.

I don't think the club would be taking the procedures they are if they weren't wanting to get rid of him. If they planned to keep him I'm sure they would have dealt with it internally and the matter would already be resolved. I'm 99% sure we have seen the last of McMillan.

Even if a club came in with £100,000 for Stephen O'Donnell it would be risky to accept, given we are running out of full backs.

Knocked back £30k from Blackpool for SOD apparently.

Sensible move by Archie. In fact he's said SOD is going nowhere - even if we end up getting nothing for him - because we are so short in the fullback position. I suppose if we were to sign 2 fullbacks next week we might let him go for a decent offer but otherwise he's not moving.

We aren't in the same position as this time last year when a bad run had dragged us down very close to the relegation dogfight. Also we'd several obvious problems that desperately needed fixing and we brought in 4-5 players who contributed to our improved form and staying up.

This time we are 10 points away from relegation dogfight - not safety by any means but it means less pressure on the team as we go into a vital part of the season. We have only one glaring weakness, at left back (although we could do with strengthening in a couple of other areas we would probably do OK without).

So the only urgent - indeed vital - signing we need to make is a decent left back. That's not to say we couldn't do with another forward or/and a winger. Or maybe a utility player to cover a couple of positions in case of injuries/suspensions - though the latter is probably not needed considering we have decent depth in midfield and youngsters like Lindsay and McDaid have shown they can handle a pressure game.

As the pressure is not the same on us I can see transfer moves being delayed possibly to the last few days of the window. I'd hope we are still looking for quality over quantity (or simply getting someone in quickly to make up the numbers - I'd rather we made do with Keenan at left back for a bit and tried to get a good full back in rather than bring in someone just to fill the position).

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

Sensible move by Archie. In fact he's said SOD is going nowhere - even if we end up getting nothing for him - because we are so short in the fullback position. I suppose if we were to sign 2 fullbacks next week we might let him go for a decent offer but otherwise he's not moving.

We aren't in the same position as this time last year when a bad run had dragged us down very close to the relegation dogfight. Also we'd several obvious problems that desperately needed fixing and we brought in 4-5 players who contributed to our improved form and staying up.

This time we are 10 points away from relegation dogfight - not safety by any means but it means less pressure on the team as we go into a vital part of the season. We have only one glaring weakness, at left back (although we could do with strengthening in a couple of other areas we would probably do OK without).

So the only urgent - indeed vital - signing we need to make is a decent left back. That's not to say we couldn't do with another forward or/and a winger. Or maybe a utility player to cover a couple of positions in case of injuries/suspensions - though the latter is probably not needed considering we have decent depth in midfield and youngsters like Lindsay and McDaid have shown they can handle a pressure game.

As the pressure is not the same on us I can see transfer moves being delayed possibly to the last few days of the window. I'd hope we are still looking for quality over quantity (or simply getting someone in quickly to make up the numbers - I'd rather we made do with Keenan at left back for a bit and tried to get a good full back in rather than bring in someone just to fill the position).

Far too sensible for this forum. Carry on with this and you might get a ban.

Anyone else pick up that Archie said we only have two full backs now, Dale and Stephen? Big hint that McMillan probably doesn't have a future at the club - all been very quiet which suggests he doesn't. If he did then I'm sure it would of been resolved much quicker.

As I have said elsewhere, after a great 2nd half performance at Fir Park, I would be tempted to give Christie a try in that position

• Like 1