V. Motherwell 27Th December

thebiglemon

There's no reason we can't win. Motherwell are pretty poor.

Frans being back will be a massive boost.

Kilmarnock are playing Hamilton so it will be a chance to move up a place, maybe 2 place if Dundee slip up against St Mirren.

I was in his company briefly yesterday and he is aiming to be back for the Celtic game.

Do we know what caused McMillan's absence as if he is back it will allow Bannigan to go back to midfield?

I don't think we were as near as bad against Dundee as some are making out. Higgy and Gary F will be fittter , Stevo begining to look the part and hopefully MacmIllian back at fullback to release Banners into the middle.Play to our potential and we will win.

Hope we are more than one goal up with five min to go though

I hope Dundee tank St Mirren and hammer another nail in their coffin. Plenty of time to catch Dundee if they fail against anyone other than the bottom 3.

Not that we should be looking in that direction, but I want to see Dross and the Midden getting humped every week

• Like 1

My brother in law is a Motherwell season ticket holder. He was at the game yesterday and said Motherwell were rotten, even against 10 men. He said the Saints deserved at the very least a draw. He reckons we are stick ons for the game. Looking forward to this one as he has got me a freebie and is treating me to an evenings drinking in the Electric Bar after the game as my Xmas present! We BETTER get a result or it's gonna be a long night!!

Edited by Lindau

Just checked on the Motherwell website for prices - good on them for offering family tickets ranging from £24 - £29 for an adult and child...

Oh did I not mention, this is not available to away fans - the three other stands but not the away end...

How do they get away with this??

Particularly Craigen. If he had a finish on him think what we could have achieved by now.

In defense of Craigen:

Did well to get in where it mattered for the goal

His third effort would have been a hell of a goal if he'd pulled that one off, not easy

On the other hand:

The first half effort- pretty poor

But everyone else seemed to be lashing the ball over or past too, so no worse than the rest for poor finishing

In defense of Craigen:

Did well to get in where it mattered for the goal

His third effort would have been a hell of a goal if he'd pulled that one off, not easy

On the other hand:

The first half effort- pretty poor

But everyone else seemed to be lashing the ball over or past too, so no worse than the rest for poor finishing

Didn't you know that it's Craigen who's to blame for all that was bad yesterday (and every other game he's played in).

It was his fault that Balatoni stuck his foot out and scored an og, it was his fault that Stevenson blazed over, it was his fault that Fraser missed from long range.

Seems to be this seasons scapegoat.

I think we're becoming a team that is scared to lose, slightly worrying. Season is definitely going to plan and we are well clear of trouble for now. So can't have many complaints. But I'd just rather we got back to trying to play more free flowing football. The three behind the striker all sit too deep.

I'd also like to give McDaid etc more game time - give him a start, let him have a go. There's a balance that managers need and I think Archie errs a bit too on the cautious side. Anyway, the draw on Saturday and likely defeat against Celtic the week after means we are guaranteed a win against Motherwell if this no same result thing is continuing.

An away game might be what we need again. Get the opposition coming out of their half and let us play around them.

If McMillan is fit, then the centre of midfield picks itself with Osman, Fraser and Bannigan (despite his career being finished) in there. If not, there is a choice to make. I feel like Lawless is pretty unlucky to find himself on the bench at the moment, but I can see how playing Craigen in there gives Fraser a bit more freedom to get into shooting positions. I wouldn't be against seeing Lawless come in for Elliot either.

I'm not making any predictions for this game as my predictions are like the best laid plans of mice and men, they are apt to be shit! Nonetheless ,in the scheme of things we weren't that bad on Saturday, to merit 'great weeping and gnashing of teeth', think it's only the frustration of loosing yet another late goal, that gets everyone so dam frustrated.. But hey ho onwards and upwards!

Didn't you know that it's Craigen who's to blame for all that was bad yesterday (and every other game he's played in).

It was his fault that Balatoni stuck his foot out and scored an og, it was his fault that Stevenson blazed over, it was his fault that Fraser missed from long range.

Seems to be this seasons scapegoat.

Hey, steady on there. Let the usual brigade decide who's the scapegoat of the year. Anyway it might look that way at this moment but there's still plenty of time for one of the others to re-emerge. Who knows, our "clueless" manager may not even have signed this season's master scapegoat yet.

Btw the point about Craigen missing out on scoring opportunities too often has validity. But when he was largely escaping criticism last season he was by and large failing to get into positions of scoring opportunity. If Craigen sharpens up in front of goal, and I see no reason why he shouldn't improve, then he could become a key player. If he was the type of player unwilling to learn with a massive chip on his shoulder then he'd have been punted long ago.

I hope if we are under the cosh near the end, SOD gets his head together. Felt really sorry for him on Saturday as he ran round in circles looking for someone to mark or follow their run. At one point he ran over and started marking Osman's man until Osman told him to go away. It was a horrible last 10-15 minutes for the boy.

Going forward he's great, defensively he can be all over the shop.

It's with that in mind, I can see why Archie prefers Elliott to Lawless just now. I wouldn't be too adverse, when we defend a lead, late on, to swapping the two of them about, Elliott becomes the right back and SOD the winger.