Stats Watch

The Jukebox Rebel

ARCHIE HITS THE BIG 100

plkky.jpg

Smells like team spirit! It all began in Greenock, 100 games ago...

:detective: 09.05.2015 Hamilton Academical 1 Partick Thistle 1 (SPFL Premiership - game 36)

• Alan Archibald becomes the 11th man to reach the 100 competitive games milestone as Thistle manager. He should reach the Top 10 in August, with Dick Campbell (sorry yoda!) currently occupying that position on 103 games.
  • Davie McParland is currently the only man who can boast of appearing in the Top 10 competitive appearance lists as both a player and a manager. Almost certainly, he has just 3 months to go until his brilliant feat ceases to be unique.
  • Jags go 4 competitive games unbeaten for the first time this season.
  • In his 4th season with the club, Stephen has doubled his total competitive goals tally from 5 to 10. #poty
  • By my reckoning, Kallum get his 6th competitive assist for the season and continues to close in on Steven (8) at the top the table.
  • By my reckoning, there's a real ding-dong battle at the top of the competitive goals/assists combi-table which now reads; Ryan Stevenson (11), Stephen O'Donnell (11), Steven Lawless (11), Kris Doolan (10) and Kallum Higginbotham (8).
  • Stuart joins Abdul at the top of this season's competitive appearances table, with both players now sitting on 39.
  • Ross County's converted spot-kick (at home to St Mirren) leaves Thistle as the only side without a penalty goal in this season's Premiership.
  • Despite the large travelling support (officially 1,087), the attendance figure of 2,342 registers as the lowest crowd at any Thistle League game this season.
  • Thistle are guaranteed to finish the season in at least 8th place, which will match Lambie's best from the 1990s. We've never finished higher than that since 1981.

ongoing sequences...

• 4 competitive games without defeat.
  • 4 consecutive competitive home wins.
  • 4 competitive games since a home defeat.
  • 4 consecutive competitive clean-sheets at home.
  • 9 competitive games since a home draw.
  • 14 competitive games without defeat when we score the opening goal.
  • 23 games without going backwards in the table (where the streak contains at least some positive progress), 3rd Dec 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 23 games, 24th Nov 2001 to 10th Aug 2002. Club record: 29 games, 7th Oct 2000 to 4th Aug 2001.)
  • 27 consecutive competitive appearances for Stephen O'Donnell, 8th Nov 2014 to date. (Longest run since: Kallum Higginbotham - 33 games (Sat-10-Aug-2013 to Wed-26-Mar-2014). Club record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • 42 competitive games since back to back draws, 7th May 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 59 games, 18th Aug 2009 to 11th Dec 2010. Club record: 201 games, 11th Feb 1957 to 1st Apr 1961.)

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel
  • Like 1

OOPS, WRONG RECORD...

• Obadeyi at the office?

:detective: 16.05.2015 Partick Thistle 1 Kilmarnock 4 (SPFL Premiership - game 37)

• Going for a share of the all-time club-record five consecutive top-flight home wins with a clean-sheet, Thistle backfire in that special way that only Thistle can. Instead, yesterday's result matches the club's all-time record home loss to Kilmarnock, and is our worst in 60 years: 07.11.1896 Kilmarnock [h] L2-5 (Scottish Qualifying Cup 4th Round); 03.03.1900 Kilmarnock [h] L1-4 (Western League - game 4); 26.01.1918 Kilmarnock [h] L0-3 (SFL - game 23); 16.04.1955 Kilmarnock [h] L0-3 (SFL Division A - game 30)
  • Kilmarnock's run of seven straight competitive defeats, reportedly the worst in the Ayrshire club’s 146-year history, ends at Firhill.
  • Strangely, Kilmarnock join Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee as the fourth team that Thistle have been unable to defeat this season.
  • Tope Obadeyi registers as the leading marksman against the Jags this season, with 5 of his competitive goals denting our goals against column in the League. John Guidetti (3) is second on the list.
  • Eight consecutive competitive penalty awards have now gone to the opposition. I'd be surprised if this was not a club-record.
  • Thistle have conceded more penalties this season (9 in all competitions) than any other Premiership side, 2 more than Kilmarnock who are next on the list with 7.
  • For the first time in his Thistle career, Kallum has provided assists in 3 consecutive matches. The scene is set for next weeks’ assists showdown finale at Fir Park... Steven (8) vs Kallum (7).
  • Kallum, Thistle's chief-sinner in 2013-14, goes outright top of this season's bad-boy table with 9 yellows and 1 red.
  • Stuart, with 40, hits the outright top of the appearances chart for the first time this season.
  • Jack Hendry becomes the latest of 1700+ players to join the A to Z of those to have been included (metaphorically or otherwise) on a first-team team-sheet. A team of crack Thistle history sleuths have, thus far, been unable to trace a relationship with auld John Hendry from the 1880s, currently gracing the Stand Together flag in the Northy!
  • Unusually for an outfield player, David Wilson will finish the season as the most unused sub, although his 90 minute bench-snooze routine, 26-times practiced this season, was disturbed yesterday.
  • Thistle have not went backwards in the League table since November 2014, steadily rising from 9th to 8th. In runs which have included some degree of table climbing, yesterday set a new club-record for the top-flight, at 24 games in-a-row.
  • At Firhill, 7 Thistle goals in-a-row have been scored at the City end. Only 1 of the last 15 (Banzo's screamer against St Johnstone) has been scored at the Northy.
  • A draw at Fir Park on the last day of the season will set a new club-record goal-difference in the top-flight. The current record of +3 was set in season 1978-79.

ongoing sequence gowns...

• 10 competitive games since a home draw.
  • 24 games without going backwards in the table (where the streak contains at least some positive progress), 3rd Dec 2014 to date. (Longest run since the Club record: 29 games, 7th Oct 2000 to 4th Aug 2001.)
  • 28 consecutive competitive appearances for Stephen O'Donnell, 8th Nov 2014 to date. (Longest run since: Kallum Higginbotham - 33 games (Sat-10-Aug-2013 to Wed-26-Mar-2014). Club record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • 43 competitive games since back to back draws, 7th May 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 59 games, 18th Aug 2009 to 11th Dec 2010. Club record: 201 games, 11th Feb 1957 to 1st Apr 1961.)

TJR - great stuff as always.

If you have the details to hand, can you please post the number of cases during these two seasons that - like yesterday - the Jags break an opposition's winless/losing streak?

Well done to Archie and the boys for a season that we would all have voted for last July.

TJR - great stuff as always.

If you have the details to hand, can you please post the number of cases during these two seasons that - like yesterday - the Jags break an opposition's winless/losing streak?

Well done to Archie and the boys for a season that we would all have voted for last July.

Barney, sorry I’m unable to be much help on this one. I might have posted some on Zatafact last season, but haven’t stored them locally. Any time I mention opposition streaks, it’s based on what is generally reported at the time, not my own database. I vaguely recall St Mirren winning earlier in the season and breaking their duck but that’s about it as far as my poor memory allows! Other streak breakers that have stuck with me this season were; beating Inverness at Firhill when they were unbeaten at the top of the League; scoring three at New Douglas when Hamilton hadn’t conceded for several games and ending Ross County’s mega-run with beauties from SOD and Freddy. I’ve probably got some sort of selective memory disorder!

Always great to read these stats posts. This one stood out for me:

• At Firhill, 7 Thistle goals in-a-row have been scored at the City end. Only 1 of the last 15 (Banzo's screamer against St Johnstone) has been scored at the Northy.

That is pretty amazing!

Basically, the whole team are in on it, purely as a wind-up for Camallain! ;)

:excl: I'm doing my end of season stats round-up, the results of which I'll post next week, and I've just noticed Kallum's current assist total should read seven not eight.

A few games back, I did a "quick" manual tally rather take the time to do a database query. Bad move! As a result, I carried my mis-count onto the last couple of games.

The relevant posts have now been amended accordingly, sorry about that. :blush:

The only way for stats to be is 100% correct, that's certainly my aim, and I do believe that is the case for every post in Stats Watch.

Please do holler if you think something could be amiss. ;)

1 year, 3 months and 6 days have passed since Thistle benefited from a competitive penalty goal.

It last happened at Fir Park.

For the benefit of younger forum members, this is what a Thistle penalty goal looks like…

Saturday's ref, Steven McLean, has awarded 9 penalties in his 16 Thistle games. Just sayin' like... :whistling:

:detective:Dools Watch

Only one man in all of Thistle’s history scored ten or more League goals in 5 consecutive seasons.

That man was John Torbet, and he set the record with 5-in-a-row from season 1928-29 onwards.

Kris Doolan stands as the closest challenger to the feat since then. He's tantalisingly close to equalling the record, and is just one goal away from doing so.

No matter what happens at Fir Park, the number nine has done fantastically well to get himself into the position where he’s challenging for so many all-time great accolades. Hopefully he'll get a few chants tomorrow...

DOOOL-AAAN :worship: DOOOL-AAAN :worship: DOOOL-AAAN :worship:

:detective:Dools Watch

Only one man in all of Thistle’s history scored ten or more League goals in 5 consecutive seasons.

That man was John Torbet, and he set the record with 5-in-a-row from season 1928-29 onwards.

Kris Doolan stands as the closest challenger to the feat since then. He's tantalisingly close to equalling the record, and is just one goal away from doing so.

No matter what happens at Fir Park, the number nine has done fantastically well to get himself into the position where he’s challenging for so many all-time great accolades. Hopefully he'll get a few chants tomorrow...

DOOOL-AAAN :worship: DOOOL-AAAN :worship: DOOOL-AAAN :worship:

All nine of his league goals this season have been at Firhill, so there's another run he'll have to break.

• Like 1

Another quirk is we have yet to win a competitive game in our away strip since we came up. Last year's drab grey effort didn't even win a point with 2 defeats at Fir Park, 2 at Tannadice, and one at Pittodrie being its only run outs.

This year we didn't wear the black /pink effort at Tannadice, have had a defeat and a draw at Pittodrie, a defeat at Fir Park, and 2 defeats at Parkhead.

So tomorrow should be one last chance for that monkey to be removed.

Edited by Ancipital
  • Like 2

NEW CLUB-RECORDS TO FINISH THE SEASON

292pkcj.jpg

• The League table sorted by goal difference - looking good Jags. B)As an added bonus, McNamara delivers an inferior away record than Archie's, for the third season-in-a-row. Some budgets are being put to shame here...

:detective: 23.05.2015 Motherwell 0 Partick Thistle 0 (SPFL Premiership - game 38)

• Neil McLaughlin, at just 16 years of age, becomes the first graduate of the Thistle Weir Youth Academy to make the first-team team-sheet.
  • Neil McLaughlin displaces Marc Waters as the most recently born player to be included in a first-team match day squad.
  • Late call-offs meant that, for the second time since returning to the Premiership, Thistle do not fill the bench with the full complement of seven substitutes.
  • Ben Richards-Everton, "released" on Thursday, gets his first-start. Only at Thistle. :rolleyes:
  • After 6 substitute appearances, David Wilson gets his first competitive start.
  • There are debuts for Jack Hendry and Neil McLaughlin who become the 36th and 37th players to play for the first-team this season, and the 28th and 29th to do so in competitive fixtures.
  • Thistle are now 15 competitive games since a win in their away strip. The last such victory, achieved in deep purple, was recorded on 3rd November 2012, as the Jags defeated Cove Rangers, in the Scottish Cup at Firhill, by 2 goals to 1.
  • Thistle have set two new club-records for the goal-difference column in the top-flight. Bearing in mind that the format was introduced in 1970-71, this season's +4 beats the previous best +3 which was set by Bertie Auld's Jags in 1978-79. Also, finishing with the 4th highest GD in the top-flight is a new peak. This is the third season-in-a-row in which Archie's Jags have set a new table record, having previously garnered a record points total (78) in 2012-13 and a best top-flight away goal-difference (-3) in 2013-14.
  • Whether it's goal difference (back to 1970-71) or goal average (back to 1921-22), Thistle's finish of 4th best in the top-flight is the joint-2nd highest finish of all-time, only bettered with a 3rd best finish in 1947-48.
  • Thistle have gathered 1.21 points per game in this season's League - a massive jump from 1.00 ppg last term. Post-reconstruction, and theoretically applying 3 pts per win, only Bertie Auld's Jags achieved a higher ratio, his best being 1.31. Lambie's best was 1.19, set in 1994-95.
  • For the first time since season 1973-74, Thistle have completed a whole season without a competitive goal from a penalty.
  • Kris Doolan finishes as Thistle's top League scorer for the 4th time and joins an exclusive club of 5 men who have done such a thing (to be fair to the players, I allow the regional wartime season's for this query). The list of scoring greats now includes Willie Paul, Sam Kennedy, Willie Sharp, Dougie Somner and Kris Doolan. Only the club's all-time highest goalscorer, Willie Sharp, went beyond this point, having achieved the feat in 5 different seasons.
  • Somewhat bizarrely, Kris failed to score an away League goal this term, and he duly becomes the first man in the club's history to finish top League scorer despite being completely thwarted on enemy soil.
  • Conceding 1.16 League goals per game represents Thistle's 7th best defensive performance in 82 top-flight seasons. Incredibly, a clean-sheet at home to Kilmarnock last week would have meant 2nd best of all-time!
  • Thistle have finished the season with an impressive 12 clean sheets in the League. You have to rewind back to 1930-31 to find the last time the Jags returned a higher total (13) in the top-flight.
  • In total, Thistle have finished the season with an incredible tally of 15 competitive clean sheets - almost 35% of the games played. It's the 6th highest % return for any top-flight season in Thistle's history and it's almost 100 years since the ratio was last bettered in this class - George Easton's legendary side of 1920-21 returned 41.8%, which included an incredible 8 out of 11 in the Scottish Cup alone. The class of 2014-15 are keeping good company!

ongoing sequences...

• 10 competitive games since a home draw.
  • 25 games without going backwards in the table (where the streak contains at least some positive progress), 3rd Dec 2014 to date. (Longest run since the Club record: 29 games, 7th Oct 2000 to 4th Aug 2001.)
  • 29 consecutive competitive appearances for Stephen O'Donnell, 8th Nov 2014 to date. (Longest run since: Kallum Higginbotham - 33 games (Sat-10-Aug-2013 to Wed-26-Mar-2014). Club record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • 44 competitive games since back to back draws, 7th May 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 59 games, 18th Aug 2009 to 11th Dec 2010. Club record: 201 games, 11th Feb 1957 to 1st Apr 1961.)

p.s. I'm curious to know where Neil McLaughlin stands in the "youngest Jag" categories. If anyone knows his date of birth I can have a look at it.

p.s. I'm curious to know where Neil McLaughlin stands in the "youngest Jag" categories. If anyone knows his date of birth I can have a look at it.

Neil McLaughlin was born on 6th November 1998, and as such is the first SPFL Premiership player to have been born after Scotland last qualified for an international tournament.

He is, I believe, the youngest player to have played for Thistle since, at least, the reconstruction of Scottish Football in 1975/76.

It's a long time since a Thistle team finish 10 clear of danger in a top flight season. Don't think it's ever been done in my time.

Given a reasonable cup record (a win over a premier team in both competitions, and knocked out by the eventual winners, maybe, in both), I think this has to go down as Thistle's most successful season in 30 years of watching them.

Archie must go indeed.

• Like 1

Thistle are now 15 competitive games since a win in their away strip. The last such victory, achieved in deep purple, was recorded on 24th November 2012, as the Jags defeated Livingston, in the League at Firhill, by 2 goals to 0.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but did we not play that game in Red and Yellow? We'd have had the home kit by then(debuted when we played Dunfermline two weeks prior).

If so, then i'd mean our last win in our away strip would be the Scottish Cup victory over Cove Rangers?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but did we not play that game in Red and Yellow? We'd have had the home kit by then(debuted when we played Dunfermline two weeks prior).

If so, then i'd mean our last win in our away strip would be the Scottish Cup victory over Cove Rangers?

^ Correct, last win was Cove, last win in an away strip away from home was Cowdenbeath in the Challenge Cup SF.

When does the football start again? Don't think I can take much more of this...

Neil McLaughlin was born on 6th November 1998, and as such is the first SPFL Premiership player to have been born after Scotland last qualified for an international tournament.

Many thanks, I've put that to good use. :thumbsup2:

TJR. Would not want you wasting your time on other team's stats (especially for boring teams), but surely St Johnstone must have set some records this season for most 1-0 wins or highest points won to goals scored ratio or whatever.

Can't believe that mob could be heading for Europe on the back of a paltry 34 goals in 38 matches.

Maybe they're hoping to take the Steau Bucharest route and win every 2-legged tie 2-0 in a penalty shoot after two nil nil draws.

A couple of ugly one nils in the group stages and Farquhar's yer uncle. Sevilla won't know what's hit them in the Semis.

You're in luck ptd, I have all the Scottish League tables in a spreadsheet, so it was a skoosh to write a macro.

I found that, never mind the top third, no team has ever finished in the top half of any senior Scottish League with a goals for ratio as low as that!

In fact, 213 teams have finished bottom of Scottish Leagues with higher goals for ratios - there's only been 3 season's when a bottom of the table side haven't outscored the 2015 Saints!

St Johnstone's 2014-15 goal scoring ratio, 0.89 goals per game, was bettered by the following bottom dogs:

Season - Bottom Club (Division, goals per game)

1890-1891 - Cowlairs (SFL, 1.33)

1891-1892 - Vale of Leven (SFL, 1.09)

1892-1893 - Clyde (SFL, 1.39)

1893-1894 - Renton (SFLD1, 1.28)

1893-1894 - Glasgow Thistle (SFLD2, 1.72)

1894-1895 - Dumbarton (SFLD1, 1.5)

1895-1896 - Linthouse (SFLD2, 1.39)

1896-1897 - Abercorn (SFLD1, 1.17)

1896-1897 - Dumbarton (SFLD2, 1.5)

1897-1898 - Clyde (SFLD1, 1.17)

1897-1898 - Motherwell (SFLD2, 1.72)

1898-1899 - Dundee (SFLD1, 1.28)

1899-1900 - Clyde (SFLD1, 1.33)

1899-1900 - Linthouse (SFLD2, 1.56)

1900-1901 - Partick Thistle (SFLD1, 1.4)

1900-1901 - Motherwell (SFLD2, 1.44)

1901-1902 - Morton (SFLD1, 1.00)

1901-1902 - Abercorn (SFLD2, 1.23)

1902-1903 - Morton (SFLD1, 1.00)

1902-1903 - Clyde (SFLD2, 1.00)

1903-1904 - Kilmarnock (SFLD1, 1.00)

1903-1904 - Ayr Parkhouse (SFLD2, 1.05)

1904-1905 - Motherwell (SFLD1, 1.08)

1904-1905 - St Bernards (SFLD2, 1.05)

1905-1906 - Queen's Park (SFLD1, 1.37)

1905-1906 - East Stirling (SFLD2, 1.18)

1906-1907 - Ayr Parkhouse (SFLD2, 1.45)

1907-1908 - Port Glasgow Athletic (SFLD1, 1.15)

1907-1908 - Cowdenbeath (SFLD2, 1.18)

1908-1909 - Partick Thistle (SFLD1, 1.12)

1908-1909 - Arthurlie (SFLD2, 1.32)

1909-1910 - Ayr Parkhouse (SFLD2, 1.23)

1910-1911 - Vale of Leven (SFLD2, 0.95)

1911-1912 - St Mirren (SFLD1, 0.94)

1912-1913 - Queen's Park (SFLD1, 1.00)

1912-1913 - Leith Athletic (SFLD2, 1.00)

1913-1914 - St Mirren (SFLD1, 1.00)

1913-1914 - Johnstone (SFLD2, 0.91)

1914-1915 - Vale of Leven (SFLD2, 1.27)

1916-1917 - Aberdeen (SFL, 0.95)

1917-1918 - Ayr United (SFL, 0.94)

1919-1920 - Albion Rovers (SFL, 1.02)

1920-1921 - St Mirren (SFL, 1.02)

1921-1922 - Clackmannan (SFLD2, 1.05)

1922-1923 - Arbroath (SFLD2, 1.18)

1923-1924 - Clydebank (SFLD1, 1.11)

1923-1924 - Brechin City (SFLD3, 0.93)

1924-1925 - Third Lanark (SFLD1, 1.39)

1924-1925 - Forfar Athletic (SFLD2, 1.21)

1925-1926 - Clydebank (SFLD1, 1.45)

1925-1926 - Broxburn United (SFLD2, 1.45)

1926-1927 - Dundee United (SFLD1, 1.47)

1926-1927 - Nithsdale Wanderers (SFLD2, 1.55)

1927-1928 - Dunfermline Athletic (SFLD1, 1.08)

1927-1928 - Armadale (SFLD2, 1.39)

1928-1929 - Raith Rovers (SFLD1, 1.37)

1928-1929 - Bathgate (SFLD2, 1.32)

1929-1930 - St Johnstone (SFLD1, 1.26)

1929-1930 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.5)

1930-1931 - East Fife (SFLD1, 1.18)

1930-1931 - Bo'ness (SFLD2, 1.42)

1931-1932 - Leith Athletic (SFLD1, 1.21)

1932-1933 - East Stirling (SFLD1, 1.45)

1932-1933 - Bo'ness (SFLD2, 1.77)

1933-1934 - Cowdenbeath (SFLD1, 1.53)

1933-1934 - Edinburgh City (SFLD2, 1.09)

1934-1935 - Falkirk (SFLD1, 1.53)

1934-1935 - Edinburgh City (SFLD2, 1.32)

1935-1936 - Ayr United (SFLD1, 1.39)

1935-1936 - Dumbarton (SFLD2, 1.53)

1936-1937 - Albion Rovers (SFLD1, 1.39)

1936-1937 - Edinburgh City (SFLD2, 1.24)

1937-1938 - Morton (SFLD1, 1.68)

1937-1938 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.56)

1938-1939 - Raith Rovers (SFLD1, 1.71)

1938-1939 - Edinburgh City (SFLD2, 1.71)

1945-1946 - Hamilton Accies (SFLDA, 1.47)

1945-1946 - Arbroath (SFLDB, 1.54)

1946-1947 - Hamilton Accies (SFLDA, 1.27)

1946-1947 - Cowdenbeath (SFLDB, 1.69)

1947-1948 - Queen's Park (SFLDA, 1.5)

1947-1948 - Leith Athletic (SFLDB, 1.5)

1948-1949 - Albion Rovers (SFLDA, 1.00)

1948-1949 - East Stirling (SFLDB, 1.27)

1948-1949 - Edinburgh City (SFLDC, 1.18)

1949-1950 - Stirling Albion (SFLDA, 1.27)

1949-1950 - Alloa Athletic (SFLDB, 1.57)

1950-1951 - Falkirk (SFLDA, 1.17)

1950-1951 - Alloa Athletic (SFLDB, 1.93)

1950-1951 - Montrose (SFLDC NE, 1.33)

1951-1952 - Stirling Albion (SFLDA, 1.2)

1951-1952 - Arbroath (SFLDB, 1.33)

1952-1953 - Third Lanark (SFLDA, 1.73)

1952-1953 - Albion Rovers (SFLDB, 1.47)

1952-1953 - Leith Athletic (SFLDC NE, 1.46)

1952-1953 - East Stirling (SFLDC SW, 1.46)

1953-1954 - Hamilton Accies (SFLDA, 0.97)

1953-1954 - Dumbarton (SFLDB, 1.7)

1954-1955 - Stirling Albion (SFLDA, 0.97)

1954-1955 - Brechin City (SFLDB, 1.77)

1954-1955 - Berwick Rangers (SFLDC NE, 1.46)

1955-1956 - Montrose (SFLD2, 1.22)

1956-1957 - Ayr United (SFLD1, 1.41)

1956-1957 - East Stirling (SFLD2, 1.56)

1957-1958 - Queen's Park (SFLD1, 1.21)

1957-1958 - Berwick Rangers (SFLD2, 1.03)

1958-1959 - Queen of the South (SFLD1, 1.12)

1958-1959 - Montrose (SFLD2, 1.36)

1959-1960 - Arbroath (SFLD1, 1.12)

1959-1960 - Cowdenbeath (SFLD2, 1.17)

1960-1961 - Ayr United (SFLD1, 1.5)

1960-1961 - Morton (SFLD2, 1.56)

1961-1962 - Stirling Albion (SFLD1, 1.00)

1961-1962 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.22)

1962-1963 - Raith Rovers (SFLD1, 1.03)

1962-1963 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.08)

1963-1964 - East Stirling (SFLD1, 1.09)

1963-1964 - Stirling Albion (SFLD2, 1.31)

1964-1965 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.47)

1965-1966 - Forfar Athletic (SFLD2, 1.69)

1966-1967 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.53)

1967-1968 - Stenhousemuir (SFLD2, 0.94)

1968-1969 - Arbroath (SFLD1, 1.21)

1968-1969 - Stenhousemuir (SFLD2, 1.53)

1969-1970 - Partick Thistle (SFLD1, 1.21)

1969-1970 - Hamilton Accies (SFLD2, 1.17)

1970-1971 - Cowdenbeath (SFLD1, 0.97)

1971-1972 - Dunfermline Athletic (SFLD1, 0.91)

1972-1973 - Airdrie (SFLD1, 1.00)

1972-1973 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.28)

1973-1974 - Falkirk (SFLD1, 0.97)

1973-1974 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 0.92)

1974-1975 - Arbroath (SFLD1, 1.00)

1975-1976 - Clyde (SFLD1, 1.31)

1975-1976 - Meadowbank Thistle (SFLD2, 0.92)

1976-1977 - Falkirk (SFLD1, 0.92)

1976-1977 - Forfar Athletic (SFLD2, 1.1)

1977-1978 - East Fife (SFLD1, 1.00)

1977-1978 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.15)

1978-1979 - Queen of the South (SFLD1, 1.1)

1978-1979 - Meadowbank Thistle (SFLD2, 0.95)

1978-1979 - Motherwell (SLPD, 0.92)

1979-1980 - Clyde (SFLD1, 1.1)

1979-1980 - Alloa Athletic (SFLD2, 1.13)

1980-1981 - Stranraer (SFLD2, 0.92)

1981-1982 - Queen of the South (SFLD1, 1.13)

1981-1982 - Stranraer (SFLD2, 0.92)

1982-1983 - Queen's Park (SFLD1, 1.13)

1982-1983 - Montrose (SFLD2, 0.95)

1983-1984 - Alloa Athletic (SFLD1, 1.05)

1983-1984 - Albion Rovers (SFLD2, 1.18)

1984-1985 - St Johnstone (SFLD1, 1.31)

1984-1985 - Arbroath (SFLD2, 0.9)

1985-1986 - Alloa Athletic (SFLD1, 1.26)

1985-1986 - Stranraer (SFLD2, 1.05)

1986-1987 - Berwick Rangers (SFLD2, 1.03)

1987-1988 - Dumbarton (SFLD1, 1.16)

1988-1989 - Queen of the South (SFLD1, 0.97)

1988-1989 - Stenhousemuir (SFLD2, 1.13)

1989-1990 - Alloa Athletic (SFLD1, 1.05)

1989-1990 - Dundee (SLPD, 1.14)

1990-1991 - Brechin City (SFLD1, 1.13)

1990-1991 - Arbroath (SFLD2, 1.05)

1991-1992 - Albion Rovers (SFLD2, 1.08)

1992-1993 - Albion Rovers (SFLD2, 0.92)

1993-1994 - Cowdenbeath (SFLD2, 1.03)

1993-1994 - Dundee (SLPD, 0.95)

1994-1995 - Dundee United (SLPD, 1.11)

1995-1996 - Montrose (SFLD2, 0.92)

1995-1996 - Albion Rovers (SFLD3, 1.03)

1997-1998 - Stirling Albion (SFLD1, 1.11)

1997-1998 - Brechin City (SFLD2, 1.17)

1997-1998 - Dumbarton (SFLD3, 1.17)

1997-1998 - Hibernian (SLPD, 1.06)

1998-1999 - Forfar Athletic (SFLD2, 1.33)

1998-1999 - Montrose (SFLD3, 1.17)

1999-2000 - Hamilton Accies (SFLD2, 1.08)

1999-2000 - Albion Rovers (SFLD3, 0.92)

1999-2000 - Aberdeen (SPL, 1.22)

2000-2001 - Alloa Athletic (SFLD1, 1.06)

2000-2001 - Stirling Albion (SFLD2, 0.94)

2001-2002 - Raith Rovers (SFLD1, 1.39)

2001-2002 - Morton (SFLD2, 1.33)

2001-2002 - Queen's Park (SFLD3, 1.06)

2002-2003 - Cowdenbeath (SFLD2, 1.28)

2002-2003 - Motherwell (SPL, 1.18)

2003-2004 - Brechin City (SFLD1, 1.03)

2003-2004 - Partick Thistle (SPL, 1.03)

2004-2005 - Berwick Rangers (SFLD2, 1.11)

2004-2005 - Dundee (SPL, 0.97)

2005-2006 - Dumbarton (SFLD2, 1.11)

2006-2007 - Ross County (SFLD1, 1.11)

2006-2007 - Forfar Athletic (SFLD2, 1.03)

2007-2008 - Stirling Albion (SFLD1, 1.14)

2007-2008 - Berwick Rangers (SFLD2, 1.11)

2007-2008 - Forfar Athletic (SFLD3, 0.97)

2008-2009 - Clyde (SFLD1, 1.14)

2008-2009 - Inverness Caledonian Thistle (SPL, 0.97)

2009-2010 - Clyde (SFLD2, 1.03)

2010-2011 - Peterhead (SFLD2, 1.31)

2010-2011 - Clyde (SFLD3, 1.03)

2011-2012 - Queen of the South (SFLD1, 1.06)

2011-2012 - Stirling Albion (SFLD2, 1.28)

2011-2012 - East Stirling (SFLD3, 1.06)

2011-2012 - Dunfermline Athletic (SPL, 1.05)

2012-2013 - Airdrie United (SFLD1, 1.14)

2012-2013 - Albion Rovers (SFLD2, 1.25)

2012-2013 - East Stirling (SFLD3, 1.36)

2013-2014 - Heart of Midlothian (SPFLP, 1.18)

2013-2014 - Arbroath (SPFL1, 1.44)

2013-2014 - Queen's Park (SPFL2, 1.00)

2014-2015 - Stirling Albion (SPFL1, 0.97)

2014-2015 - Montrose (SPFL2, 1.17)

Always enjoy reading your stats updates JR, they must take ages to do though it's obvious you love doing them!

Thanks heaps for taking the time to post them each week :-)

Cheers Sini, very kind of you. I do enjoy the odd stat or three, it's true. It's not as big a task as it seems, I can rattle most of them off almost as quickly as I can conceive them tbh. All the hard work has already been done over the years on the database which I've cultivated and matured.

It's a long time since a Thistle team finish 10 clear of danger in a top flight season. Don't think it's ever been done in my time.

Now then youngster... yes, 11 points clear in 1980-81 was the last time we were more comfortable.

^ Correct, last win was Cove, last win in an away strip away from home was Cowdenbeath in the Challenge Cup SF.

Dunno what happened there, I was skipping through the videos checking the away kits, must have muddled up myself with the other Livvy game of the time which was purple. Post now duly amended. Thanks for letting me know, saves me a future embarrassment!

15 competitive games without a win in the away kit:

29.12.2012 Airdrie United [a] D1-1 (SFL First Division - game 16)

05.01.2013 Livingston [a] D2-2 (SFL First Division - game 17)

12.01.2013 Dumbarton [a] L0-2 (SFL First Division - game 18)

04.05.2013 Dumbarton [a] D0-0 (SFL First Division - game 36)

24.08.2013 Motherwell [a] L0-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 4)

25.09.2013 Dundee United [a] L1-4 (League Cup 3rd Round)

04.11.2013 Aberdeen [a] L0-4 (SPFL Premiership - game 12)

23.11.2013 Dundee United [a] L1-4 (SPFL Premiership - game 14)

15.02.2014 Motherwell [a] L3-4 (SPFL Premiership - game 26)

30.08.2014 Aberdeen [a] L0-2 (SPFL Premiership - game 4)

03.12.2014 Celtic [a] L0-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 14)

27.12.2014 Motherwell [a] L0-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 18)

04.04.2015 Aberdeen [a] D0-0 (SPFL Premiership - game 31)

08.04.2015 Celtic [a] L0-2 (SPFL Premiership - game 32)

23.05.2015 Motherwell [a] D0-0 (SPFL Premiership - game 38)

I note that all 15 were away, and the last time we wore it at home we won.

And it's 6 games without a goal, bloomin' eck, that's atrocious.

WELL DONE NEILLY

9k1na1.jpg

• The moment Neil became the new leader in the clubhouse for the category "youngest Jag to play in the top-flight"

With his appearance in Saturday's game at Fir Park, Neil McLaughlin displaces Jim Fleming who had appeared in the old First Division against Hearts on 18th October 1958 aged 16 years, 9 months, 11 days.

He's described as a nippy and industrious striker who has progressed as a Thistle youth from the age of 13.

The young lad's no stranger to cracking on asap, having previously made his U-20 debut in February 2014 at the ripe old age of 15¼!

He formally signed as an apprentice professional along with Kevin Nisbet and Michael McMullin in May 2014, and the trio duly became the first graduates from the ThistleWeir Academy.

Neil has maintained his development under the guidance of under 20s coach Scott McKenzie, culminating in his historical first-team debut.

Thistle's young record holders are as follows:

Youngest known on a teamsheet

Ryan Scully

aged 16 years, 0 months, 27 days

25.11.2008 Ross County [a] L0-1 (SFL First Division - game 15)

Youngest known appearance

Calum Sellars

aged 16 years, 2 months, 27 days

26.07.2007 Albion Rovers [a] W2-0 (Friendly)

Youngest known competitive appearance

Jamie McKenzie

aged 16 years, 4 months, 21 days

19.04.1997 Stirling Albion [a] L0-2 (SFL First Division - game 33)

Youngest known top-flight appearance

Neil McLaughlin

aged 16 years, 6 months, 17 days

23.05.2015 Motherwell [a] D0-0 (SPFL Premiership - game 38)

Query disclaimer:

The above includes birth date knowledge for around 900 of 1725 Jags players and includes line up knowledge for ~6100 of ~6300 matches. Research into Thistle history continues as an ongoing process.

Other famous 16 year-old debutants have included Ian McDonald (1975), Jim Melrose (1975), Pat Kelly (1984) and Willie Howie (1999).

I wish the very best of luck to Neilly - if he can get halfway close to any of that lot he'll be doing well. ;)