Ict Cup Game On Saturday

redandyellowarmy

And his hoofball tactics that plainly did not work against St. Mirren. Can't believe he set us up for more high ball football once again.

We asked for some consistency and we've got it now - that's two stinking performances on the trot.

Big question marks over Archie across this past week for me. Looking at who's left in this cup we could've had an unbelievable chance at a trip to Hampden. We brought in a fit Lyle Taylor ahead of this match - probably our biggest match of the season (so far) and we bench him.

I'm raging; if you can't tell already.

I just don't understand why he thought the starting eleven was the best way to go. He made two substitutes at half time, it's nonsensical. Why did it take 45 minutes and two goals to see what should have been obvious before the game started? Why were Doolan and Taylor not on at the start? If everyone else could see how stinking Higginbotham was last week - including Archiblad who hooked him - why was he starting this week?

It would be so nice, if the opposing team score, you don't immediately feel like the game's over for us.

Quiet! You're not allowed to pass comment on an internet forum unless you're in attendance!

What did you make if first half performance Dick?

Tactics & team correct?

Or are you going to direct me to your above post?

Which?

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

archie lost us that game today

doolan and taylor on the bench somebody please explain that one

after the first goal went in the change should have made we could all see the way the team was set up it wasn't working

we were absolutely honking first half

We lost that game before they left the dressing room, I bet Hughes couldn't believe that team sheet.

I love Archie and loved the way he took us to promotion and then survival last year. We played exciting, attacking football with a team of mostly young guys who had . Last year we lost a lot of games but it was highly enjoyable watching us having a go at teams

This year though the football is poorer irrespective of us having a few more points. The crowds are down and atmosphere has been very flat. Im not at stage of wanting him sacked yet but I can't see me renewing my season ticket in the summer

Edited by Derby Jag

Thank God I have flu symptoms and going straight to my kip. Think this place is going to be mayhem tonight. I have constantly defended Archie but today was indefensible. Why in Gods name, in a knock out competition, playing at home,are we playing with our two best strikers on the bench? Things only improved when Taylor came on. Central defence was a total shambles and being truthful they could have had 6 in the first half. Higginbotham was a disgrace and he IS playing like a guy that has another club set up for next season. We really need to get the finger out or the play off spot is going to become reality. What makes today even harder to take is seeing the teams that are left in the cup.....we had a real chance to progress. Totally sickened by that today!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

archie lost us that game today

doolan and taylor on the bench somebody please explain that one

after the first goal went in the change should have made we could all see the way the team was set up it wasn't working

we were absolutely honking first half

taylor on bench unforgivable. Doolan didn't look interested against st mirren so maybe that's why but the minute we were 2 nil down he should have been in.

Higgy and Fraser have went from our 2 best players in the summer to 2 big time Charlie's who smirk and don't give a fcuk about the game. They should be in every single day to the Celtic game. As should Archie to watch rerun after rerun of today's and the st mirren game until he learns not to insult fans with players who are clearly not interested in trying

Thank God I have flu symptoms and going straight to my kip. Think this place is going to be mayhem tonight. I have constantly defended Archie but today was indefensible. Why in Gods name, in a knock out competition, playing at home,are we playing with our two best strikers on the bench? Things only improved when Taylor came on. Central defence was a total shambles and being truthful they could have had 6 in the first half. Higginbotham was a disgrace and he IS playing like a guy that has another club set up for next season. We really need to get the finger out or the play off spot is going to become reality. What makes today even harder to take is seeing the teams that are left in the cup.....we had a real chance to progress. Totally sickened by that today!

Wow - finally the penny drops.

That was the first time in a long time that I've heard the description "Campbellesque". I had hoped never to hear it again. :(

I was going to mention that as it was reminiscent of the dark ages

If that had been a performance under the dick plenty if people would calling for the managers head

Wow - finally the penny drops.

WTF is that meant to mean? At least I have the balls to come on and say it unlike you lot that disappear like melting snow when we get a result. In my opinion team selection cost us today, so the manager takes the blame. Maybe time to remind people though that ICT are 3rd in the league and 23 points clear of us in the table, so the score is hardly a shock. Bookies odds also showed they were clear favourites, so maybe time for a reality check Barney!

WTF is that meant to mean? At least I have the balls to come on and say it unlike you lot that disappear like melting snow when we get a result. In my opinion team selection cost us today, so the manager takes the blame. Maybe time to remind people though that ICT are 3rd in the league and 23 points clear of us in the table, so the score is hardly a shock. Bookies odds also showed they were clear favourites, so maybe time for a reality check Barney!

I would only point out that ICT looked very ordinary today

Wind yer neck in and let's not take it out on each other, agreed?

For the record, I have not ever and will not ever call for AA's head. However I do not and have never bought into the idea that because AA is a legend he is infallible.

A very valid question to ask is- after how long in the job does a manager stop being considered a rookie manager?