Ict Cup Game On Saturday

redandyellowarmy

Wind yer neck in and let's not take it out on each other, agreed?

For the record, I have not ever and will not ever call for AA's head. However I do not and have never bought into the idea that because AA is a legend he is infallible.

A very valid question to ask is- after how long in the job does a manager stop being considered a rookie manager?

You were the one that came out with the ridiculous " wow...the penny has finally dropped" Well,eh no it hasn't. Archie has still done a good job in my eyes but he is not immune to criticism from me when he gets it wrong and he has got it massively wrong in the last two games. Anyway ma heid is nippin, so I will let you and the others have a field day while I nip off to bed and watch the Merseyside and Madrid derbies

You were the one that came out with the ridiculous " wow...the penny has finally dropped" Well,eh no it hasn't. Archie has still done a good job in my eyes but he is not immune to criticism from me when he gets it wrong and he has got it massively wrong in the last two games. Anyway ma heid is nippin, so I will let you and the others have a field day while I nip off to bed and watch the Merseyside and Madrid derbies

Which is exactly what I was saying....................so wind yer neck in.

And the Madrid Derby was contemperaneous with the Jags game. Casillas had a howler,

Edited by Barney Rubble

Why are they TWENTY THREE points clear of us in the league. Simples really, they are a better side!

so we beat them home and away we must have been doing something right

today in a cup game we are playing at home, we bench our striker and our latest signing Taylor

we send out a team today that looked totally all over the place in that first half :unsure:

It wasn't just the first half, nor was Taylor alone in bringing something extra to the game: Doolan, who has a very good record against ICT, was also creative, but once Lawless and Higginbotham were off, we had no-one to take the ball past their players. Osman, on the other hand, just isn't suited to supporting a team coming forward, while both Bannigan and Fraser, the other two defensive midfielders, are. So even the substitutions limited our attacking options needlessly, leaving us chasing the game by lofting high balls up forward. As it happens, Gallacher saved us a few times and Taylor brought us some strength up front, but with the resources available, even the substitutions were not entirely successful.

I am told that today's starting eleven were the players that ripped ICT a new one in the last game.

Maybe that's why Archie stuck with them.

Unfortunately, it didn't work at all.

Both Balatoni and McMillan played in the 4-0 game.

Today's XI was chosen by a management that don't know what their doing.

Edited by The Cup

It wasn't just the first half, nor was Taylor alone in bringing something extra to the game: Doolan, who has a very good record against ICT, was also creative, but once Lawless and Higginbotham were off, we had no-one to take the ball past their players. Osman, on the other hand, just isn't suited to supporting a team coming forward, while both Bannigan and Fraser, the other two defensive midfielders, are. So even the substitutions limited our attacking options needlessly, leaving us chasing the game by lofting high balls up forward. As it happens, Gallacher saved us a few times and Taylor brought us some strength up front, but with the resources available, even the substitutions were not entirely successful.

once higanbotham was off? I really didn't think he created anything - needs his backside kicked

It seems to me that the majority of the comments on here are based on the 1st half showing which was really poor. I was perplexed by the starting line up. But he did change it and we dominated the 2nd half. Did Inverness have any chances in that 2nd half ? And if it wasn't for a fabulous save by Esson and a flying headed clearance by one of their defenders, we could easily have had a draw at least.

If we play like we played in the 2nd half, there will be no worries for the rest of the season

If we play like we played in the 2nd half, there will be no worries for the rest of the season

And if Archibald doesn't change things? What's to stop us playing the rest of the season like the first half today/the St Mirren match?

What the F**k we doing not playing a striker in a cup match, Archie?!?!

If he had held his hands up in his post-match interview then maybe there would be a little more optimism amongst the fans tonight.

Edited by Richard Nixon
  • Like 2

But he did change it !

I hope, though, that the penny has finally dropped that Stevenson is better behind the striker, even although the game at Inverness had him playing up front.

We were a totally different team in the 2nd half, don't you think ?

Sorry it should not have taken 45 minutes and 2 - 0 down to realise he had cocked up his team selection. No excuses this time, he has lost the plot. Taylor was signed to strengthen the team and he spends the first 45mins warming the bench. He seems incapable of accepting the responsibility for his own mistakes.

But he did change it !

I hope, though, that the penny has finally dropped that Stevenson is better behind the striker, even although the game at Inverness had him playing up front.

We were a totally different team in the 2nd half, don't you think ?

I wouldn't talk up our second half too much.... It was better by we didnt crest hat much and they did have another two good chances

We were just poor

Doesn't know his strongest starting 11 by Feb.

Can't see that Stevenson is not a striker and can't play in that role

Starts some certain players regardless of their form

Refuses to admit he got it wrong

Appears to have decided that hoofing it upfield is the way to go

Keeps 2 talented players on the bench until it's too late

That's the case for the prosecution. What's the case for the defence?

• Like 1

I'd have been a bit pissed off if this was a league match, but would probably have been over it by now. But with it being a Cup game, I am still absolutely gutted/raging. Especially when you consider the teams left - this could've been our ******* year! But we gave it up so, so easily.

You make a very good point there.

Also financially I'd imagine there will be (should be) a few questions asked by the BoD as to what the hell went on with team selection & performance yesterday. We went out the cup with a whimper at home.

It may possibly impact on our ability to keep or sign players.

A good cup run may well have made up shortfall of certain teams not being in the league/their away support.

Realise that cup runs are a bonus in terms of Beattie saying they don't budget for them & it's a 'one off' but the real issue here is the manner of how we exited & that it's becoming a familiar pattern.

Doesn't know his strongest starting 11 by Feb.

Can't see that Stevenson is not a striker and can't play in that role

Starts some certain players regardless of their form

Refuses to admit he got it wrong

Appears to have decided that hoofing it upfield is the way to go

Keeps 2 talented players on the bench until it's too late

That's the case for the prosecution. What's the case for the defence?

"who will replace him?!" seems to be a popular choice. If the same slack was cut for Dick Campbell we'd still be in the 2nd division.

• Like 1