Bottom 6 Fixture Dates

sick in the basin

Aye, Tynecastle was magic last season.

I pinched these dates off P&B so could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure they're right.

right they are, as these are the dates published on the spfl website.

though of course, a few games will be moved to different dates to suit bt and sky, once the fixtures are announced.

Hypothetically, what would happen if one of the teams currently in the top 6 got into financial difficulties and entered admin between now and the 25th ? They would have to get a points penalty which would put them into bottom 6, so would that mean that the fixtures would have to be redrawn, or have the SPFL not considered this and use the previous precedents of making the rules up as they go along ?

^^^

Putting aside for one moment that this is true...

or have the SPFL not considered this and use the previous precedents of making the rules up as they go along ?

All of the top six clubs have in recent times been putting their finances in order - to varying degrees (as have some of the lower 6 clubs - I would imagine the chances of this are remote. What happened to Rangers and Hearts has given a lot of other clubs a big shake-up and they have tried to get their house in order. Besides the kind of financial mess that would lead to a points deduction would be pretty obvious by now.

Jagsontour - said this on the TV tonight so guess it's true. I'll take St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock then Ross County. Two terrible teams first for at least 4 points and safety secured, then the teams getting stronger as we finish. Motherwell mid way as don't want to have them early and get beat giving them confidence - likewise don't want to have them in the end when it may matter. Kilmarnock hopefully safe by second last game and they don't have the fight of late like we do. Again, County safe by last game so it becomes a head to head for 7th place - would be a cracking game.

That's in my ideal little world anyway. Whatever the outcome, I think we are just too good all over the park now for us to be dragged in come the last game or two.

Edited by read'n'yell

Jagsontour - said this on the TV tonight so guess it's true. I'll take St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock then Ross County. Two terrible teams first for at least 4 points and safety secured, then the teams getting stronger as we finish. Motherwell mid way as don't want to have them early and get beat giving them confidence - likewise don't want to have them in the end when it may matter. Kilmarnock hopefully safe by second last game and they don't have the fight of late like we do. Again, County safe by last game so it becomes a head to head for 7th place - would be a cracking game.

That's in my ideal little world anyway. Whatever the outcome, I think we are just too good all over the park now for us to be dragged in come the last game or two.

The way ourselves and County are performing just now, I'd be pretty worried if I were a Hamilton or Killie fan. Hamilton especially are in dreadful form and it's not out with the realms of possibility that they could be drawn in to it. 42 points may not be enough to stay up this season.

The way ourselves and County are performing just now, I'd be pretty worried if I were a Hamilton or Killie fan. Hamilton especially are in dreadful form and it's not out with the realms of possibility that they could be drawn in to it. 42 points may not be enough to stay up this season.

Hamilton are safe, 43 points so 12 ahead of Motherwell and 18 goals better off. Motherwell were the ones hoping most for Ross County to win tonight as every other team should get points from St M and probably Accies

After 33 games everyone will have played 17 home and 16 away, or vice versa.

I`ve had a look at where everyone is due to play each other after the split.

It`s very unlikely Thistle will be given 4 away games, and one home, so the simple solution is we`ll play St.Mirren at home for a third time, which would give us, and St.Mirren 19 H, 19 A.

However, if the rest of the fixtures go to schedule, Killie will end up with 18 H, 20 A, and the rest will end up 19/19.

If Killie`s were changed then somebody else would end up with 18/20.

Maybe I`m missing something, and will be proved wrong, but I don't see any way that everyone will end up with 19 H, 19 A.

P.S. Haven`t worked out the top 6 (who cares).

I mentioned on Facebook, Motherwell would have been expected to be top 6 and Dundee bottom 6 and if that's how it worked out it would have been ok as we'd play Dundee & Killie at home. On that basis will we get Motherwell at home again? Not sure how that works out with the other teams though

After 33 games everyone will have played 17 home and 16 away, or vice versa.

I`ve had a look at where everyone is due to play each other after the split.

It`s very unlikely Thistle will be given 4 away games, and one home, so the simple solution is we`ll play St.Mirren at home for a third time, which would give us, and St.Mirren 19 H, 19 A.

However, if the rest of the fixtures go to schedule, Killie will end up with 18 H, 20 A, and the rest will end up 19/19.

If Killie`s were changed then somebody else would end up with 18/20.

Maybe I`m missing something, and will be proved wrong, but I don't see any way that everyone will end up with 19 H, 19 A.

P.S. Haven`t worked out the top 6 (who cares).

I agree - it doesn't add up. To make it 19H/19A for all teams in bottom 6, both us and St Mirren are due 2H and 3A and the other 4 teams are due 3H, 2A. That gives a total of 16 home teams and 14 away teams for the remaining 15 games (after Celtic-Killie). It's not going to be fair on one team's season ticket holders as someone's going to get bumped.

I agree - it doesn't add up. To make it 19H/19A for all teams in bottom 6, both us and St Mirren are due 2H and 3A and the other 4 teams are due 3H, 2A. That gives a total of 16 home teams and 14 away teams for the remaining 15 games (after Celtic-Killie). It's not going to be fair on one team's season ticket holders as someone's going to get bumped.

That's a fair point. In fact I wonder whether it wouldn't be a good idea for the club (or clubs) to offer a cheaper season ticket that would cover all games until the split. As this would be cheaper, more people might be willing/able to pay up front. Then offer an x-game package (one kind of package could even include away games) for the post-split fixtures - a bit like the Christmas-time specials.

• Members

It would seem to me that those arranging the fixtures are trying to get us out of the division by disadvantaging us where possible. Last season we had more away games after the split than home games and it will be the same again this season, some are even suggesting it may be 4 away games and 1 home game this time. I would have thought we should have got the reverse of what we did last season this time around in the grand scheme of things.

Dundee taking Motherwell's place in the top 6 has definitely put a spanner of the works of the league fixture computer.

It would seem to me that those arranging the fixtures are trying to get us out of the division by disadvantaging us where possible. Last season we had more away games after the split than home games and it will be the same again this season, some are even suggesting it may be 4 away games and 1 home game this time. I would have thought we should have got the reverse of what we did last season this time around in the grand scheme of things.

Dundee taking Motherwell's place in the top 6 has definitely put a spanner of the works of the league fixture computer.

That would be too blatant a bias; if it did happen then no reasonable person anywhere would see it as fair.