New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

Best for all concerned if TTL relocated in some of the units in Firhill Rd or even Garscube Rd, How many people are put off by the " back of beyond hovel in Port Dundas?

Oh nice, this is a new twist on the location of TTL debate. It used to be that their shop wasn't close enough to the city centre.

I assume as you state its "best for all concerned" that you've done some research?

I mean, any research at all.

How is it better for TTL?

What are the rates like comparing the current site and one of your two proposed sites?

Are the units better in size or delivery access?

Is the footfall much increased at one of your new sites?

In what way is it better for the club?

I assume as you state that it's better for them if TTL move, that you have reviewed the contract and can say with certainty how it will benefit them financially?

How is it better for customers?

Why is a site you describe as "in the back of beyond" worse than the two sites you suggest, further out the city?

How is a site on garscube road, better for me, compared to a site a 5 minute drive away in Port Dundas?

Is there such a clamour for merchandise in the Maryhill area that the locals can't wait for a home game, to adorn the red and yellow?

• Like 2

Oh nice, this is a new twist on the location of TTL debate. It used to be that their shop wasn't close enough to the city centre.

I assume as you state its "best for all concerned" that you've done some research?

I mean, any research at all.

How is it better for TTL?

What are the rates like comparing the current site and one of your two proposed sites?

Are the units better in size or delivery access?

Is the footfall much increased at one of your new sites?

In what way is it better for the club?

I assume as you state that it's better for them if TTL move, that you have reviewed the contract and can say with certainty how it will benefit them financially?

How is it better for customers?

Why is a site you describe as "in the back of beyond" worse than the two sites you suggest, further out the city?

How is a site on garscube road, better for me, compared to a site a 5 minute drive away in Port Dundas?

Is there such a clamour for merchandise in the Maryhill area that the locals can't wait for a home game, to adorn the red and yellow?

Appreciate that you have worked alongside TTL, but not sure how it can be debated that a city centre location (or one next to Firhill) would be preferable for Thistle fans. Port Dundas is out of the way, and simple laws of retail suggest people are therefore less likely to go to it (particularly if, for example, they don't drive).

• Like 1

Appreciate that you have worked alongside TTL, but not sure how it can be debated that a city centre location (or one next to Firhill) would be preferable for Thistle fans. Port Dundas is out of the way, and simple laws of retail suggest people are therefore less likely to go to it (particularly if, for example, they don't drive).

my brief relationship with them from 2 years ago has absolutely no bearing on this, what so ever.

He didn't mention a city centre location, hence my opening statement.

He also stated it would be "best for all concerned" not just Thistle fans.

Port Dundas might be out of the way, for some. For others, like myself, it's ideally positioned as I drive and don't work in the City Centre.

I'm still waiting for clarification from the OP as to the simple laws of retail that mean more people would visit a Garscube Road or Firhill Road Site, as opposed to a Port Dundas site.

it is totally outrageous that a same day home delivery service is not in place, if Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco, Iceland can do it why cant TTL.

im writing to my MP and MSP about this, get me the evening times on the phone, big John McKay will have this on the news tonight.

change.org to follow. :frantic:

Anyone heard anything about a long sleeved version of the new top?

I read somewhere that they'll be available in the next couple of weeks, but only in m, l and xl. Never really seen the attraction of long sleeved football shirts though tbh.

My point about the location of the Shop is that it is beyond any close public transport inks.The present location is totally usuitable for anyone without a car.

Here's a challenge! Have a nice stroll from say the.City Centre to Port Dundas and back in the rain and then defend it.

We had a shop in the city centre for 5 years. That arrangement came to an end because it simply wasn't commercially viable. In short, our fanbase is nowhere near big enough to justify a shop in the city centre, what with the rent and rates it would cost. Could the club shop at the main stand be open more often? In my lifetime I don't think it's ever been open aside from matchdays. Maybe in days gone by they would open for a new strip launch in the summer but still, it was never a proper retail operation. Having a retail outlet that is "convenient" for everyone would be great in an ideal world, but the reality is it would haemorrhage money on a massive scale.

• Like 1

We had a shop in the city centre for 5 years. That arrangement came to an end because it simply wasn't commercially viable. In short, our fanbase is nowhere near big enough to justify a shop in the city centre, what with the rent and rates it would cost. Could the club shop at the main stand be open more often? In my lifetime I don't think it's ever been open aside from matchdays. Maybe in days gone by they would open for a new strip launch in the summer but still, it was never a proper retail operation. Having a retail outlet that is "convenient" for everyone would be great in an ideal world, but the reality is it would haemorrhage money on a massive scale.

I remember some time ago it was open one day a week.

My point about the location of the Shop is that it is beyond any close public transport inks.The present location is totally usuitable for anyone without a car.

Here's a challenge! Have a nice stroll from say the.City Centre to Port Dundas and back in the rain and then defend it.

So you can't explain what you mean by, best for everyone concerned?

It's not completely unsuitable for anyone without a car, that's ridiculous.

It's a 15 minute walk from Cowcaddens underground.

It's a 15 minute walk from Caly Uni.

It's a 20 minute walk from Possil Road.

Buy a brolly and get over it. Or go online and buy from the online shop if people are too lazy to walk.

either way, we have a shop open during the biggest footfall of Thistle fans. Match day.

Well I'll have a go.

Without it we'd have to install desalination plants at incredible costs. Import of bottled water also at huge expense. What about whisky production, one of our major industries? Much as it gets me down, life without rain would be unbearable.

As for Port Dundas it's far from ideal but as potty trained mentioned rates there will be lower and storage areas better than more amenable locations. As retail prices are much the same as Greaves you can fairly assume margins are far better from PTFC's point of view. Whether having increased margins but losing out on accessibility is ultimately successful from a commercial point of view is of course unknown. My only view is just a specific one regarding the Kingsley T shirts. I feel a £5.95 postage charge is excessive.

With such fantastic footfall you'd think Greaves would have cleared out all the Thistle stock.

http://www.greavessports.com/catalogsearch/result/?f=Patrick+thistle&q=thistle

You seem very sensitive about this.

I don't really get the point of the argument. Surely it's obvious to everyone that Greaves is a better location for more customers, albeit that it may not have been commercially viable to continue, and regardless of how close TTL is to your house.

Beyond that it seems to be an argument of semantics over the wording of a post. I'm sure there were valid reasons for choosing port dundas over something nearer Firhill, but I can understand why a Firhill location would seem more obvious to many Thistle fans.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

Well I'll have a go.

Without it we'd have to install desalination plants at incredible costs. Import of bottled water also at huge expense. What about whisky production, one of our major industries? Much as it gets me down, life without rain would be unbearable.

I love the rain. It washes memories off the sidewalk of life...