Lawless Betting Charge? (Who's Your Money On...)

crazy stuff, especially after Black & Simonsen. I wonder if he used his own account, or used somebody elses and was grassed up? Heading for a massive ban I would think anyway, 10 games???

Interested to see what suspension he'll get offered.

Black was 10 games but seven suspended for betting on 160 games but more tellingly that included betting against his own team on occasions. Something which STV have suggested he hadn't.

Simonsen 2 matches with one suspended for 55 games. SFA appealed decision as felt was lenient.

My guess would be maybe 3-5 games purely for amount of games especially this season.

I'm not going to boo the boy out of Firhill, far from it. But he's a t!t.

He's broken the rules, rules he knew were in place, and he could now be suspended for the beginning of our 15/16 campaign.

I want our best players available, I don't want them missing and weakening our team because of their selfish attitude.

As a matter of interest, how was the (quite precise) figure of 513 games arrived at? Do the SPFL (previously known as 'The Beaks') have the power to request and get that sort of information from ISPs, Willie Hills or whoever? Or did they just find a 513 team Ladbrokes (proud sponsor of the SPFL) accumulator in his wallet?

As a matter of interest, how was the (quite precise) figure of 513 games arrived at? Do the SPFL (previously known as 'The Beaks') have the power to request and get that sort of information from ISPs, Willie Hills or whoever? Or did they just find a 513 team Ladbrokes (proud sponsor of the SPFL) accumulator in his wallet?

Aye what ever happened to sticking a nom de plume on your slip? Tho' Oor Stevie would probably have just used Stephane de Lawless as his

Didn't Michael Moffat at Dunfermline get something like a 7 game ban for something similar? Can't remember if he was betting against his own team, but obviously the "not a rangers player" clause came into play and upped the ban somewhat from black and simonsen.

Wee Stevie could be looking at a fair time off. Shame, but he fully deserves it. I'll still back him though.

The big difference between black and moffat is that both broke a number of rules, ie..betting in the first place and then betting on games that your team plays in and then black bet against his team to win. So Stevie has broken 1 rule, whilst the others have broken 2 at least. So it shouldn't really matter how many games you have bet on, ie simonsen broke the same rule as stevie, only he bet 55 games. If you bet 1 or 100 it's only 1 rule he has broken.

Think a 3-4 game ban with 50% suspended.

Not the brightest as has been said, most players do it, but don't get caught or get a mate to put it on for you. He got caught so face it like a man and get on with it. Great player for the club and will get my backing.

Seems a reasonable result here... Can't complain.

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously but judging but the large amounts of games he bet on, I hope the wee man doesn't have some kind of problem with the gambling. I've heard a lot about the lifestyle of these young footballers, training 4/5 hours a day, 4 days a week, they have a huge amount of spare time to fill so gambling is a great way to relieve the boredom and it is extremely addictive.

Looking at the average wages there of the Thistle squad it's not as if he's got a mountain of cash to batter into (unless he's been extremely successful at it). I think the club has a care of duty to the players to make sure there is not more to this than meets the eye and offer support should it be needed...

Edited by partick monkey

Seems a reasonable result here... Can't complain.

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously but judging but the large amounts of games he bet on, I hope the wee man doesn't have some kind of problem with the gambling. I've heard a lot about the lifestyle of these young footballers, training 4/5 hours a day, 4 days a week, they have a huge amount of spare time to fill so gambling is a great way to relieve the boredom and it is extremely addictive.

Looking at the average wages there of the Thistle squad it's not as if he's got a mountain of cash to batter into (unless he's been extremely successful at it). I think the club has a cure of duty to the players to make sure there is not more to this than meets the eye and offer support should it be needed...

If you work it out, over the 3 yrs he has been cited on he bet 513 teams. This is the equivalent to placing between a 3-4 team bet every week. So if that is a gambling problem then I think 100% of our support who bet,must have a problem.

He shouldn't have been so stupid and got caught, as has been said above, why didn't he get his mates to put a coupon on for him.

Decent result today, but didn't think he would get hammered, going by what the other players done( betting matches involving their own team). 1 game next week and 1 at the start of the season is a good result for the club. Hope now we get him signed up ASAP