Conrad Balatoni

gerrybritton9

So sad to see him go. A cult figure, a hero and a bloody nice bloke.

all the best.

Now please join in as, for the last time, we all sing:

"Doo Doo Doo Conrad Balatoni"!

Conrad who thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.... really ? FFS don't tell Foxy !

So sad to see him go. A cult figure, a hero and a bloody nice bloke. all the best. Now please join in as, for the last time, we all sing: "Doo Doo Doo Conrad Balatoni"!
And as with James Craigen showed the way to leave and still have the respect and best wishes of the fans. We'll move on without him but always have a place in our jaggy hearts for him. All the best big man.
  • Like 1

And as with James Craigen showed the way to leave and still have the respect and best wishes of the fans. We'll move on without him but always have a place in our jaggy hearts for him. All the best big man.

Agreed. Foxy, Balatoni, Craigan ... to be confirmed .. leaving is sore to take.

All so much history attached to each and every one of them.

lets see where he ends up before he gets plaudits

Conrad who thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.... really ? FFS don't tell Foxy !

I'd disagree with this.

I don't think Conrad necessarily thinks the grass is greener, rather he would want to go and try different experiences. I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up in a random place in Europe in the future. He strikes me as a guy who would rather go and experience different lifestyles/leagues rather than going chasing the £££

Goodbye Conrad. I'll always remember Culter away...

Paul Cairney told the Jagscast that McNamara was in the middle of a mad rant after the game when one of the officials from Culter popped into the dressing room, apologised for interrupting but a taxi had arrived for "Balatoni".

Broke the tense atmosphere apparently.

• Like 1

Pity he is leaving just as he had cemented his place in the first team in the top league and forged a great partnership with Freddie. He will be missed at both ends as he did score or create quite a few at the other end. Sorry to see him go!

Shame to see him go as he really did improve over the last few months of the season. Think he should have stayed another season with us and established himself as a good defender at this level.

Agreed. He is still young and another good season in the top league would have enhanced his reputation. He appeared to love playing for the club, so disappointed he is moving on. Wonder if Archie has told him that Freddie and Seabiscuit is his preferred pairing and that he could not guarantee him a regular place if and its a massive if, Seabiscuit stays fit. We are still well covered with Fred, Dan, Liam and young Hendry to call on but if Dan has the same injury problems as last season, we will need to get someone else in.

I agree. Seaborne is prone to hoofball and stands too far off his man for me.

Balatoni will be a big miss.

I'm hoping there'll be a bit more composure to Seaborne's game playing with a regular left back. Even when Conrad was having a shaky game defensively he still kept his heid going forward. Probably starting to sound like a broken record but we're at our best when we build from the back. Fox and Balatoni could be missed for that alone.

I'm hoping there'll be a bit more composure to Seaborne's game playing with a regular left back. Even when Conrad was having a shaky game defensively he still kept his heid going forward. Probably starting to sound like a broken record but we're at our best when we build from the back. Fox and Balatoni could be missed for that alone.

Here's hoping. I could possibly be seen as being over critical of Seaborne but I don't think building from the back his strong point.

Not so bothered about Fox, good shot stopper, bit like Nelson on crosses.

Sad about Balatoni and Craigen - team spirit counts for a lot and they were clearly brilliant in that respect, and how amazing they were for the supporters - esp as guys who arrived halfway through the improvement process and not being Weat of Scotland / Glasgow guys.

Here's hoping. I could possibly be seen as being over critical of Seaborne but I don't think building from the back his strong point.

I thought Seabourne was OK at this - maybe a tendency to hoof it when we were under pressure but I'm sure he'll be OK.

I reckon Frans is pretty good at playing the ball out - maybe wasn't so noticeable because Balatoni was bit better and left it more to Balatoni but I've seen him make good passes.

Edited by Mr Bunny