Best deal for everyone. Can't be handing out anything longer to him at this stage, with his tendency to break down. Either he's really, really unlucky, or he's just not going to be able to get over his injury worries.

If he can get back fit, he'll be a real asset for us next season. Really hope he can do it. Come on Sean!

I wonder at the end of August whether we should offer him a deal that would see him join up as a player-coach? That way if he broke down again he could still contribute to the club. Of course that depends on whether he has an aptitude for coaching and if he sees that as a way he wants to go some day.

I would love to see Sean Welsh putting his injury worries behind him and getting back in the team. It would be like signing a new player.

I know people have had their doubts about whether he can do it or not but the guy has been so unlucky it's unbelievable. Some of the injuries he has picked up have been horrific.

Good luck Sean.

I think it's got to be minded that given the position he plays and the way he plays the game, Sean is bound to pick up knocks. He'd be fairly useless to us being completely non-aggressive. I'm sure both Archie and the physio will distinguish between the routine injury and the aggravated damage that's blighted him.

With Abdul doing so well I don't suppose Archie will restore the captaincy to Welsh but the very fact Sean was club captain indicates how highly he's rated. Fingers crossed.

^^

I always thought the problem with Sean wasn't so much he was injury prone as that he had a medical condition that made him slower to recover from injuries than most players. Don't know if it was just certain kinds of injuries but. Having said that, the last injury he got was a bad one.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Huge surprise for me this is, my company sponsored Sean for the last 2 seasons bar this one so we rate the lad highly. Sean's capabilites are well know as much as his injuries. Without doubt wish him all the very best for the coming season.
Shouldn't cost too much to sponsor him for a month. Seriously though all the best to Sean and hope we see a lot more of him next season.

I did one of the Fan v Player quizzes for the programme this season. One of the questions was "Who wears the number 4 shirt for Thistle?"

Got it right but genuinely took me a worryingly long time to think of it.

A fully fit Sean Welsh makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. A superb player who is well capable of standing out in this league. Good luck skip.

• 1 month later...

My memory seems to think the problem with Sean wasn't him being injury prone (though he does seem to have had bad luck last year) but that due to a medical condition he takes much longer to recover from an injury than other fit young men. Of course if he can avoid anything other than very minor injuries, it could be possible to get a good part of a season out of him. Which would be great, like signing a brand new player.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

My memory seems to think the problem with Sean wasn't him being injury prone (though he does seem to have had bad luck last year) but that due to a medical condition he takes much longer to recover from an injury than other fit young men. Of course if he can avoid anything other than very minor injuries, it could be possible to get a good part of a season out of him. Which would be great, like signing a brand new player.

Agreed, if he could stay fit for the season he would be like a new player. Does he not suffers from some sort of blood disease?