Stats Watch 2015-16

The Jukebox Rebel

I'm sure that Hearts have had 15 penalties this season...including those two absolute stonewallers at Firhill.

I can't think of any particularly strong penalty claims we have had turned down this season. In fact, I thought that the last Penalty we got - Doolan was fouled in the last minute against Inverness in September 2014 - was a bit soft.

I wonder who our nominated penalty taker is.

1) If Thistle and Saints end up in separate sixes, Stevie will have a Meatloaf!

2) Apologies that your lovingly compiled OO stats are being ripped up on a game by game basis!

1) Aw naw. I can feel an ear-worm coming on.

2) Ha-ha, cheers guv, but no need; Dead-Shot Booth is tearing up the history books. I'm LOVIN' IT!

TJR 2 unrelated points following on from your previous posts: 1) If Thistle and Saints end up in separate sixes, Stevie will have a Meatloaf! 2) Apologies that your lovingly compiled OO stats are being ripped up on a game by game basis!

I was going to say that but you took the words right out of my mouth.

Wee query for your statoid database TJR.....with Callum's run of consecutive games this year without missing a minute must be getting close to record in that category for an outfield player?

Wondering that myself. In recent years I can only think of David Rowson hardly ever missing a game tho' he did pick up a couple of red cards.

Wee query for your statoid database TJR.....with Callum's run of consecutive games this year without missing a minute must be getting close to record in that category for an outfield player?

With regards to a single season, Callum Booth has made 29 consecutive competitive appearances without missing a minute. The last player to do this number of consecutive appearances, from the start of the season, is, I think, Paddy Boyle in 2010/11. He made it to 31 before missing a game against Ross County on 26/02/2011.

Taylor-Sinclair's streak of 56 games, stretched over two seasons, saw him not miss a single minute.

The last player to not miss a single minute during a single season was, I think, Grant Murray in 2005/06.

• Like 1

TJR, One more question about our OO strike force before I abandon this hooby hoorse and leave you in peace.

I can think of 3 cases when the OOs have scored 4 consecutive goals for Thistle:

1) Kris DOOlan all on his own last season, putting the first 4 past Hamilton.

2) Kris DOOlan's home double against Kilmarnock, before David AmOO weighed in with the late header at Fir Park and the opener against Dundee United.

3) Most recently DOOlan and AmOO v St Johnstone, followed by Calum BOOth against Motherwell and St Johnstone again.

Has there ever been a longer OO streak whether in the last few seasons or in ancient history? Surely the ProudfOOts would have moonoopoolised the scoring stakes for some lengthy periods in the past?

Yep, as G SUS notes, we can relax in the short-term.

Callum is currently 3,600 minutes not-out, ATS was 5,011 minutes not-out, so it won't be 'til next season when Callum starts to get close to that.

I'll be sure to let you know how it progesses beyond that when the time comes (code speak for: might need to microscopically challenge some old substitutes data!)

TJR, One more question about our OO strike force before I abandon this hooby hoorse and leave you in peace.

I can think of 3 cases when the OOs have scored 4 consecutive goals for Thistle:

1) Kris DOOlan all on his own last season, putting the first 4 past Hamilton.

2) Kris DOOlan's home double against Kilmarnock, before David AmOO weighed in with the late header at Fir Park and the opener against Dundee United.

3) Most recently DOOlan and AmOO v St Johnstone, followed by Calum BOOth against Motherwell and St Johnstone again.

Has there ever been a longer OO streak whether in the last few seasons or in ancient history? Surely the ProudfOOts would have moonoopoolised the scoring stakes for some lengthy periods in the past?

Best I could find in ye olden times was 3, but that's not to say 5 or more didn't happen. The problem with this sort of query is that the 19th century data struggles under the microscope. A combination of missing goalscorers and incomplete goal sequence reports thwarts.

Doolan's done 5-in-a-row twice:

27.03.2013 Cowdenbeath [a] W3-0 (SFL First Division - game 28)

Stephen O'Donnell (1-0, 25 mins); Kris Doolan (2-0, 31 mins); Kris Doolan (3-0, 79 mins)

30.03.2013 Cowdenbeath [a] W2-1 (SFL First Division - game 29)

Kris Doolan (1-0, 12 mins); Kris Doolan (2-1, 62 mins)

07.04.2013 Queen of the South [n] L*1-1 (Challenge Cup Final)

Kris Doolan (1-1, 120+1 mins)

then...

04.01.2015 Dundee United [h] D2-2 (SPFL Premiership - game 19)

Ryan Stevenson (1-1, 24 mins); Kris Doolan (2-1, 32 mins)

21.01.2015 Hamilton Academical [h] W5-0 (SPFL Premiership - game 21)

Kris Doolan (1-0, 29 mins); Kris Doolan (2-0, 44 mins); Kris Doolan (3-0, 60 mins); Kris Doolan (4-0, 62 mins); Nathan Eccleston (5-0, 89 mins)

:detective: 05.03.2016 Heart of Midlothian 1 Partick Thistle 0 (SPFL Premiership - game 27)

• Thistle start with an unchanged line-up for the first time this season.
  • Callum Booth appears for the 40th consecutive time in competitive action. If he keeps his run up 'til the end of the season, he will be the first Jag since Scott Boyd in 2006-07 to register an appearance in every competitive fixture in a single season. Furthermore, if he maintains his 100% game-time for the season, he will be the first Jag to do so since Grant Murray clocked up an incredible 4,710 minutes (including 4 bouts of extra-time!) in 2005-06.
  • Thistle register their 22nd first-half blank in the 30th competitive fixture of the season.
  • If you were at the game yesterday but didn't make the trip to Tynecastle in August then you made all the difference; the official attendance rose by 1 from 16,657 to 16,658.
  • With 3 defeats and a -8 goal difference, Thistle's 2015-16 record vs Hearts currently sits as our worst single-season League record vs any team in the SPFL era.
  • Thistle have failed to score in 53% of their away League games this season - easily the worst percentage in the Premiership.
  • Failure to score against Aberdeen on Tuesday night will see Archie's Jags equal the club-record for most games (6) without a goal versus the same team in the League. Such a run has only ever been registered once before; versus St Johnstone in the mid 90s.

ongoing sequences:

26 competitive games without defeat when we score the opening goal, 23rd Sep 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 26 games; 29th Sep 2001 to 7th Dec 2002.)

40 consecutive competitive appearances for Callum Booth, 14th Mar 2015 to date. (Longest run since: Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 56 games; 27th Oct 2012 to 18th Jan 2014. Club record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games; 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

67 competitive games without a penalty award, 19th Sep 2014 to date. (Longest run since the club-record: 106 games; 10th Oct 1891 to 14th Dec 1895. *)

85 competitive games without a goal from a penalty, 22nd Feb 2014 to date. (Longest run since the club-record: 114 games; 8th Aug 1891 to 14th Dec 1895. *)

* For these queries, the sequence begins with the introduction of the penalty-kick law in season 1891-92. The perceived club-record, although possible, should be treated with some degree of caution due to the scant nature of some match reports from the era.

Yep, as G SUS notes, we can relax in the short-term.

Callum is currently 3,600 minutes not-out, ATS was 5,011 minutes not-out, so it won't be 'til next season when Callum starts to get close to that.

I'll be sure to let you know how it progesses beyond that when the time comes (code speak for: might need to microscopically challenge some old substitutes data!)

Best I could find in ye olden times was 3, but that's not to say 5 or more didn't happen. The problem with this sort of query is that the 19th century data struggles under the microscope. A combination of missing goalscorers and incomplete goal sequence reports thwarts.

Doolan's done 5-in-a-row twice:

27.03.2013 Cowdenbeath [a] W3-0 (SFL First Division - game 28)

Stephen O'Donnell (1-0, 25 mins); Kris Doolan (2-0, 31 mins); Kris Doolan (3-0, 79 mins)

30.03.2013 Cowdenbeath [a] W2-1 (SFL First Division - game 29)

Kris Doolan (1-0, 12 mins); Kris Doolan (2-1, 62 mins)

07.04.2013 Queen of the South [n] L*1-1 (Challenge Cup Final)

Kris Doolan (1-1, 120+1 mins)

then...

04.01.2015 Dundee United [h] D2-2 (SPFL Premiership - game 19)

Ryan Stevenson (1-1, 24 mins); Kris Doolan (2-1, 32 mins)

21.01.2015 Hamilton Academical [h] W5-0 (SPFL Premiership - game 21)

Kris Doolan (1-0, 29 mins); Kris Doolan (2-0, 44 mins); Kris Doolan (3-0, 60 mins); Kris Doolan (4-0, 62 mins); Nathan Eccleston (5-0, 89 mins)

Briliant, thank you TJR

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOlan!!!!!

TJR - the last time we had an unchanged eleven and won both games?

Last season. Ross County away(2-1) and St Mirren home(3-0) in the first two games of the split. We actually had three consecutive starting XI's the same, winning with the Motherwell game directly before the split being the first of the three.

• Like 1