Motherwell Vs Partick Thistle; Saturday 26 September Fir Park

jagfox

Oh well, might as well get this 'hing started.

Thistle have had a quite week since our 'dreadful' game in Dingwall.

Our opponents have been a little more prominant in despatches.

Coming off their customary defeat at NDP they faced a tricky League Cup tie doon the water against Morton.

They managed to get pumped off Jim Duffy's charges, actually doing well to take the championship team to extra time before succumbing 3-2. A bit of polis and steward bashing by the visiting fans which has been somewhat overshadowed by the sacking of Ian Barraclough who has left Motberwell with a somewhat imbalanced squad of players.

Surely they will be bouyed by the temporary promotion of Steven Craigen.

It's really all about the Well at the moment...

Oh well, might as well get this 'hing started.

Thistle have had a quite week since our 'dreadful' game in Dingwall.

Our opponents have been a little more prominant in despatches.

Coming off their customary defeat at NDP they faced a tricky League Cup tie doon the water against Morton.

They managed to get pumped off Jim Duffy's charges, actually doing well to take the championship team to extra time before succumbing 3-2. A bit of polis and steward bashing by the visiting fans which has been somewhat overshadowed by the sacking of Ian Barraclough who has left Motberwell with a somewhat imbalanced squad of players.

Surely they will be bouyed by the temporary promotion of Steven Craigan.

It's really all about the Well at the moment...

Well, well f**k yer 'Well...

Let's not get distracted by the goings on at fir park. This is a ground we haven't won at ( at least not against 'Well .... when was that wee rovers game...? :thinking:...... :unknw: ....... 11-1? .... Yaaaaaaas :fan: ) for about 20 years and a victory would be a great result. We are not yet "an established top flight club", motherwell have a far greater claim to that we do.

As far as I can gather we're not doing to badly for available players, hopefully we will start to see a bit of progression in team understanding and be able to maintain some of the good play we showed against killie, dundee and ICT for a fill 90mins.

Not getting my hopes up too high. Just hoping defending my team on here will be a little easier in the aftermath... :thumbsup2:

C'MOAN eh FEEEEEEEEEEESELLLLLLLL!!!!! :fan:

eta .... p.s. ..... I am not Alan Archibald!

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Just want us to go out and have a real go, nothing cagey, we need to start winning. Hopefully the gloves will be off tomorrow and we start with all guns blazing against a team that isn't in much better form than us, played for 120 minutes on Tuesday and got beat by a team that was in Lge 1 last season.

Tora, Tora, Tora!

Not gung-ho but the players need to win their one on one battles from the outset, then take the game to the home side. Not too much fancy stuff at the back and let's see the lads in the engine room stamp their authority in an area where Motherwell are lacking in numbers and to a degree, in quality too.

If Redwards and Pogba are good to go we have a good range of players availble in the attacking four with the scope for positive changes from the bench too.

I'm in no way looking forward to this match, but I have drifted from apathetic and I am confident we can leave Fir Park with a positive result.

I will even stick my neck on the line and say we will score a goal (or two?) :)

Forever and Ever...