Jakey Ratnamara

Veejag

I don't have anything against the chap at all, but I'm pretty certain that if he'd stayed, we wouldn't have come up. His away record was poor. Archie's first game v Morton away showed that the players were fully prepared to battle for him and that carried on through the rest of the games. The away game v Raith was a case in point. The fans were also incredible that match.

I don't have anything against the chap at all,

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13103955.McNamara__I_don_t_want_a_penny_from_Patrick_Thistle_after_promotion_success/

Ive got plenty against him. He bad mouthed the Jags all over the press after asking for compensation and then denying it. His shitey chairman tried to do us out of 80k as well. It was McCall that put that team together and Archie that dragged us over the line.He;s a ratbag , w@nk , tossp0t. Boo, Boo to the ratboy Boooooo.

• Like 2

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13103955.McNamara__I_don_t_want_a_penny_from_Patrick_Thistle_after_promotion_success/

Ive got plenty against him. He bad mouthed the Jags all over the press after asking for compensation and then denying it. His shitey chairman tried to do us out of 80k as well. It was McCall that put that team together and Archie that dragged us over the line.He;s a ratbag , w@nk , tossp0t. Boo, Boo to the ratboy Boooooo.

You're not called 'angry gaz' for nothing.

• Like 1

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13103955.McNamara__I_don_t_want_a_penny_from_Patrick_Thistle_after_promotion_success/ Ive got plenty against him. He bad mouthed the Jags all over the press after asking for compensation and then denying it. His shitey chairman tried to do us out of 80k as well. It was McCall that put that team together and Archie that dragged us over the line.He;s a ratbag , w@nk , tossp0t. Boo, Boo to the ratboy Boooooo.

McCall was instrumental in getting rid of some dross and bringing in some decent players as well as trying to develop an attacking style but it was Macnamara that finished that development and the final formation was his (he got Dundee utd using the same style when he went there). He moved Paton into defensive midfield where he was very effective for us, signed ATS and O'Donnell who were key parts of the new system too so to say Mcnamara added nothing to the team is nonsense. You may have good reasons to dislike him but that shouldn't blind you to the good things he did for the team.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

Aye, certainly no fan of JM as a person or his actions in leaving us and shortly after, but of the team that went up he signed ATS, SOD, Welsh, Muirhead, Lawless, Craigen, Elliott, Forbes, and probably a couple of others I've forgotten. Also the football we played in the first half of that season was as good as I've ever seen from a Thistle team, culminating in the 5-1 Dunfermline game. Archie came in and made us tighter at the back and you can argue about whether we'd have solved our away form or not but to totally discount McNamara is a bit petty.

Aye, certainly no fan of JM as a person or his actions in leaving us and shortly after, but of the team that went up he signed ATS, SOD, Welsh, Muirhead, Lawless, Craigen, Elliott, Forbes, and probably a couple of others I've forgotten. Also the football we played in the first half of that season was as good as I've ever seen from a Thistle team, culminating in the 5-1 Dunfermline game. Archie came in and made us tighter at the back and you can argue about whether we'd have solved our away form or not but to totally discount McNamara is a bit petty.

Also, guys like Paton, Erskine and Doolan were definitely better players in his team than in McCall's. Don't like him but wouldn't deny he did a got job while he was here.

Edit: Sorry Mr Bunny. You pretty much said this already

Edited by allyo

I think McCall's legacy has looked better and better as time has went on. There was a lot of mediocrity during his tenure, no doubt about it, and he didn't exactly leave on a high, but I think he played an important role in our journey back to the top tier.

He signed Harkins. A guy who's career was virtually at rock bottom and became the most exciting player in the 1st division at the time. Harkins has never looked in better shape than when he was playing under McCall either. But more importantly than that, the sale of Harkins and Twaddle, another McCall signing, meant the club were able to settle a very large tax bill. Had we not had those valuable assets to cash in on, who knows where the club would be just now, that tax bill could easily have brought about administration or worse.

He also plucked 2 rough diamonds from the juniors and gave them the chance to step up to senior full time football. I don't know any other manager in the game who would have took a chance on 2 junior players, it's virtually unheard of in this day and age. Again, who knows where we would be without Doolan and Erskine, 2 of the most important players we've had in my lifetime.

He also brought Jackie to Firhill, but let's not hold that against him!

• Like 2

Isn't it about time this topic was put to bed and we moved on?

For what it's worth, I met Jackie a few times pre Thistle era when he took part in a sponsored cycle run year after year in support of a friend's young boy who has Muscular Dystrophy. Over a drink afterwards he came accross as a pleasant unassuming guy, not at all like the spawn of Lucifer portrayed on this forum.

• Like 2

are we allowed to laugh at the not so jolly green diddys, or is that another off limits subject for the self appointed forum police?

:unsure:

Not certain on this but Celtic, Ronny Delia, Conrad Balatoni and Derek Adams are currently considered acceptable. But no doubt one by one someone will be along shortly to deem such threads subjects unworthy of this forum. :)

The point is. He thought moving to Dungdee U-sh1teteed was a positive move for his football management pedigree. My argument at the time was that he'd have to win cups and make moves in Europe to have his achievments recognised. Whereas, if he'd stayed at Firhill, won promotion and kept us up, he'd have been lauded as one of the exciting and promising crop of young scottish managers. .... Or did he really just move for the money? ... whatever....

He made a totally prosaic und ultimately foolish move to DU to try and further his career and in the process damaged our plans at the time. We were very fortunate to have someone with the competence of Archie to step in. He made a damming and negative forecast on our potential and belittled it in respect to his own.

I've no doubt he's got managerial talent and may well still proceed to great things within football. No hate, but from a Thistle perspective the man's a proven c*nto! "The most toxic post in Britain" Get it right up ye, ya TART!!!!

:D

:fan: Coolest team in Scotland by a City Mile !!!!

Dungdee .... city of self discovery, right enough?