Jakey Ratnamara

Veejag

Vile, dishonourable character. I now look forward to the Minster men getting horsed on a consistent basis.

Wouldn't be at all shocked to see the next edition of the York Press featuring two of the better players in the current Arab squad sitting down signing pre-contract deals with the rat.

York! Shambles of a place.

• Like 7

Always disappoints me that Sid is thought of in similar terms to McNamara. I loved Sid although I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea and suspect he's played an equally (if not greater) role in the improvement of a number of players, both at Firhill and Tannadice.

Will be interesting to see how they get on at York. I'm not sure whether many folk would have tipped a Derek Adams managed team featuring such talents as Gregg Wylde and Jake Jervis to be five points clear of that league at this stage.

As a fellow Scot I hope he does well at York. We've had too many exports that have flopped down there.

He got a rough time at Dundee United. His record there is 2nd only to Jim McLean even with the core of his team being sold and replaced with dross from the lower leagues.

• Like 1

I know he messed us about and left disgracefully. But let's get over it.

Just consider what he did for Thistle.

He was a fantastic manager for us. Just ask Bannigan, O'Donnell, Erskine,Lawless, Muirhead etc etc just how he turned them into fabulous players who provided us with brilliant entertainment. It's the job of any manager and specially of PTFC to bring on young players and he was particularly adept at this.

So good luck to the guy.

• Like 3

When it comes to judging managers the question I asked is - Did he leave the club in a better state than he found it?

With McNamara the answer is definitely yes - ok, he didn't handle his departure brilliantly, but departures in those circumstances are rarely pleasant affairs.

He left a job unfinished. Left us without a goalkeeping coach and, but for a bit of integrity from Kenny Crichton, would have left us mid season without a physio. Signed our captain and our best player that season on pre contract. Tried to wriggle out of compensation for a contract signed only weeks before and even made overtures about suing us for money due for any success gained post his departure. You know i think you have got a point. He didn't handle his departure that brilliantly.

I do agree that McNamara left us in a better state than when he took over. He has also to take credit for signing and re-signing players of great character that didn't cave in when he vamoosed. .All the more incredible since great character is hardly an attribute you could bestow on McNamara either as a player or manager.

• Like 1

He left a job unfinished. Left us without a goalkeeping coach and, but for a bit of integrity from Kenny Crichton, would have left us mid season without a physio. Signed our captain and our best player that season on pre contract. Tried to wriggle out of compensation for a contract signed only weeks before and even made overtures about suing us for money due for any success gained post his departure. You know i think you have got a point. He didn't handle his departure that brilliantly.

I do agree that McNamara left us in a better state than when he took over. He has also to take credit for signing and re-signing players of great character that didn't cave in when he vamoosed. .All the more incredible since great character is hardly an attribute you could bestow on McNamara either as a player or manager.

The time for recrimination for Jackie has long gone, so let's get over it.

We've got more immediate issues on our hands right now which are not of his making.