Strikers

Fearchar

Archie's comments after the Aberdeen game: "It’s a developing partnership [between Pogba and Fraser] and one that we’ll be looking to improve moving forward. Pogba is getting better all the time with games under his belt and he’ll hope to finish the season strongly." It looks to me as if Archie is trying to convince himself to keep Pogba for next season. Doubtless Doolan will continue to warm benches until it's too late to get him to score enough or he has lost his sharpness (as in the Aberdeen game). :(

Archie's comments after the Aberdeen game: "It’s a developing partnership [between Pogba and Fraser] and one that we’ll be looking to improve moving forward. Pogba is getting better all the time with games under his belt and he’ll hope to finish the season strongly." It looks to me as if Archie is trying to convince himself to keep Pogba for next season. Doubtless Doolan will continue to warm benches until it's too late to get him to score enough or he has lost his sharpness (as in the Aberdeen game). :(

Or he's just being positive about the performances of two players who have had stop-start seasons? There's nothing wrong with competition for Doolan, as Dools himself has said, and Pogba has done well in his last few games.

I thought Pogba played well against Aberdeen and normally I'm not his biggest fan. We'll probably trigger the extension but ideally I'd still like another striker for next season - with Nisbet going out on loan. We need to target - like most clubs - a striker with goals in him. Doolan is probably good for 10 or so next season, but Pogba can't seem to find the net.

I'd start Pogba against Celtic tomorrow.

Archie has said he wants the three supporting players to be contributing more goals. Feeding off Pogba.

It seems Amoo is really taking to that. Lawless contributed with a goal against Aberdeen. With game time so will Fraser.

For so long folk wanted to take a pop at the manager for not having a Plan B.

He tried 3-5-2 and folk had a go at him.

Now he's playing a target man, again something folk wanted to see, but with 3 players feeding off him. And here we are folk moaning again.

• Like 2

Now he's playing a target man, again something folk wanted to see, but with 3 players feeding off him. And here we are folk moaning again.

To be fair, PT, when folk on here have talked about a "target man" as often as not they've mentioned John Sutton. It's just as often pointed out that signing Sutton would stretch our budget. Pity as his one goal in only twenty three appearances so far this season just demonstrates what we're missing out on.

• Like 1

With Pogba in the team there's no doubt that he holds the ball up well and brings the offensive midfield players into the game.

That's the positive the negative being he just doesn't look as if there is goals in him. I can't see him improving in that front and therefor you need to question if we will score enough goals with Pogba in the team. If you look at the three goals we have scored in the last three games he didn't figure in the build up to any of them.

I am not sure I would be keen to have him around next season but the truth is can we entice a better option to the club to replace him?

Archie has said he wants the three supporting players to be contributing more goals. Feeding off Pogba.

It seems Amoo is really taking to that. Lawless contributed with a goal against Aberdeen. With game time so will Fraser.

For so long folk wanted to take a pop at the manager for not having a Plan B.

He tried 3-5-2 and folk had a go at him.

The topic isn't about the manager - it's about Mr Pogba and his ability as a striker.

We're the lowest scoring team in the league and we have a striker who can't score goals.

The topic isn't about the manager - it's about Mr Pogba and his ability as a striker.

We're the lowest scoring team in the league and we have a striker who can't score goals.

To play Devil's advocate, Mr. Thistle - our best striker and all round good guy, hasn't even hit double figures and it's March.

It's a team game. Everyone is responsible for providing chances and goals.

To play Devil's advocate, Mr. Thistle - our best striker and all round good guy, hasn't even hit double figures and it's March.

It's a team game. Everyone is responsible for providing chances and goals.

And that's with three attacking midfielders providing for him.

The manager wants to swap it about and have Pogba providing for the three attacking midfielders.

Can see both sides about Pogba - his goal ration for a striker is very poor and for a 24 year old I am surprised it has taken him so long to get properly fit. On the other side his work play has improved significantly particularly the way he bullies defenders. Compared to recent games I thought he was very poor today.

It looks like he will be around for another year anyway, I have to say though personalyl Im not sure he has done enough to earn another year