New Home Kit

jaggymct

Personally not really taken with it - looks a bit like a red bib - and the design is a bit unimaginative - black piping between the red bib and the yellow would have given it some sharpness - then again the prevailing wisdom seems to be pretty much in favour so happy to go along with the majority - albeit perhaps lagging at the back.

Quite fancy it as a cycling top though - always assuming it suits the short fat slow cyclist.

Edited by JeanieD

I think it looks great. So glad we have gone back to black shorts as well.

Yellow socks with a red trim and it ýwould have been perfect but I think it is the best Joma effort we have had.

Edited by Jag

It's an option I had always wondered what it would look like, and I think I like it. I'm glad to see that the balance of red to yellow is better than last season which was too red for me. I can see a purchase coming on.

each to their own mate but our colours are red and yellow so after years of yellow being the dominant colour I liked red being the main colour for a change in last years strip which I thought was a cracker

Mmm. I think you'll find the song states it quite clearly 'Red and yellow are the colours we love, the colours of Partick Thistle football club' . But yes, I would include black in our colours (even though it's not a colour. )

Aye but that is just a song. I agree with you and wouldn't want our colours not to include black.

For those debating whether black is a colour - from wikipedia:-

"Black is the darkest color, the result of the absence or complete absorption of light. Like white and grey, it is an achromatic color, literally a color without hue.[1] It is one of the four primary colors in the CMYK color model, along with cyan, yellow, and magenta, used in color printing to produce all the other colors. Black is often used to represent darkness; it is the symbolic opposite of white (or brightness)".

Back on topic - like the new top, its good to have a change to the stripes/hoops

Mmm. I think you'll find the song states it quite clearly 'Red and yellow are the colours we love, the colours of Partick Thistle football club' . But yes, I would include black in our colours

your right mate.

There was a little bit black in last years top and a little bit in this years as well

:fan:

red and yellow and a little bit of black, the colours of partick thistle football club

:fan:

Am I the only one who reckons the Joma home tops have been nicer than the Puma ones? I'm talking aesthetically though tbf I've had no problems with the quality of the Joma tops I've had. And they seem to fit a lot better too. Remember the first Puma home binbag effort?

Overall I'd agree, but the best kit of the lot was the away kit from the title winning season. Beautiful.

• Like 1

Actually the away strip from the title winning season was the all navy blue effort with the purple thistle design on it. Remember we had to wear it in every game until November due to issues with the kit supplier.

The season before that we had the all black kit with the red v neck collar and red and yellow stripes down one side. Bizarrely enough, we ended up wearing it in the final game of the following title winning season away to Dumbarton.

Edited by ian_mac

Actually the away strip from the title winning season was the all navy blue effort with the yellow thistle design on it. Remember we had to wear it in every game until November due to issues with the kit supplier.

The season before that we had the all black kit with the red v neck collar and red and yellow stripes down one side. Bizarrely enough, we ended up wearing it in the final game of the following title winning season away to Dumbarton.

It would be great to have an "away" historical kits feature like the excellent one that exists for our home kits. On that point, can anybody enlighten me about the meanings of the various letters (a, g, p, r.....) after each season on the Historicalkits site?

It tells you at the very bottom of the page. The letters indicate the sources of the images.

Thanks! You'd think I might have been able to figure that out by myself.......

ETA: If you click on the link to "ptfc.net" you end up on a weird German vegan health freaky kind of site.

Edited by Jaggernaut