Bannigan

Lenziejag

• 1 month later...

Rumour on Facebook Bannigan is going in for a cruciate ligament operation? Could be bollocks though, anyone heard anything about his return or injury recently? To the contrary would be nice.

Archie said at the fan day that it maybe would've better if Banzo had done his cruciate as with that at least you know how long you'll be out.

We won't see either Bannigan or Dumbaya this season, which is a real blow as there's a case for describing them as our two best players. Gordon's a good replacement for Dumbaya, but I don't think we have anyone on the books who's close to Bannigan's stature. It would be great if we could afford to go after a midfielder as well as the centre half we need. Unfortunately, it's beginning to look like this might be a season where we talk about what might have been...

In a game of little loyalty we have kept a few boys on the books during the lowest points of their career. Up until banzo's injury he was gone, he believed it was time to move on to bigger and better things. Now he is gettin a wage and will be lucky if he kicks a ball by this time next year. I wonder what will happen should he make a full recovery, will be as quick to look for another switch away? We dont exactly have an abundance of cash, so to keep paying wages for a patient than strengthen other areas ie the defence could be detrimental to the club.

In a game of little loyalty we have kept a few boys on the books during the lowest points of their career. Up until banzo's injury he was gone, he believed it was time to move on to bigger and better things. Now he is gettin a wage and will be lucky if he kicks a ball by this time next year. I wonder what will happen should he make a full recovery, will be as quick to look for another switch away? We dont exactly have an abundance of cash, so to keep paying wages for a patient than strengthen other areas ie the defence could be detrimental to the club.

Stuart received his injury playing for us and that to me means a hell of a lot. I wouldn't support a club that would've cast him adrift.

Put another way I would feel more than uneasy supporting a club that's sole player policy was based on purely commercial judgement.

• Like 8