Partick Thistle Vs Heart Of Midlothian

jagfox

Slack defending for both goals, but we did okay today. I think the priority has to be an experienced centre-half to coach either Lindsay or Devine through games though.

Felt Ziggy Gordon and Callum Booth didn't exactly have very good games today defensively. A bit slow and shy respectively.

Azeez caused them quite a few problems. Much better option than Pogba for when we're effectively playing with two up front. Edwards was a bit hamstrung by having to play deeper than his preferred role.

Erskine... it's like he never left. Excellent today.

Doolan a bit off the pace at times as was Lawless until, oddly, the second half.

We'll be disappointed at the manner in which we lost, but on a day when Hearts were a bit lethargic we'd probably still have been reasonably happy with a point.

Iv'e not been able to speak since that goal went in. We sat too deep the last 15 min. Great effort from the team . We matchd up to the physicallity of Hearts well for most of the game and played some excellent football too. stupid lack of concentration for the first goal not blocking Patersons run. Didn't think the winner for them was comming, the defence looked well organised and im begining to think Devine could be a great signing for us. Booth looks way off full fitness yet and maybe Elliot could have come on . Taking Dools off was a mistake.Pogba's first touch gave Hearts the ball back countless times at a vital time in the game.

Would persist in playing Azeez and Dools for a while.

Great singing in the Northy . as well.

Really disappointed at the outcome today. We gave the ball away too often in the 1st half, but having said that we had 2 or 3 good chances to score before Hearts did. 2nd half, I thought we again had the better chances. Both teams put everything in to the game and looked done in at the end. We deserved at least a point from that. I don't agree that Hearts were lethargic - we made it very difficult for them.

Very enjoyable game apart from the final score.

Thought we played well throughout and were well worth a point.

I think anyone in the crowd could have come on for the last 13 minutes and expended more energy than Pogba.

I'm a tactical diddy but I, too, can't see what purpose he serves or what he has contributed to the cause over his time with us.

Doesn't bring enough to the table to justify the wage in my opinion.

Any chance of moving him on before September?

Absolutely gutted. We deserved a point. It was an exciting match but what a deflating conclusion...

Erskine was much better when playing through the middle in the second half, and Edwards had an excellent game in a more withdrawn role. Also, Azeez never let their centre-halves settle.

We've got a decent team and squad and should start putting points on the board soon.

Absolutely agree with Big Col re Pogba , can't run , can't jump , can't score goals , unbelievable lack of energy for an impact sub .

As soon as he came on the park the dynamics of the game changed as nothing was sticking up front and ultimately we paid the price for getting pinned back the last 10/15 mins.

Pogba brings absolutely nothing to the table and I would have kept Kevin Nisbet with the team rather than letting him go out on loan , he would have been a better impact sub IMO .

One of these days that make you want to wrap it. I genuinely thought the days of shïteing it based on the badge of your opponents had gone. If that had been Hamilton, St. Johnstone etc. that match would have been won. But no it's a 'big' team so we'll sit deep scared shiïtless. Woeful.

Woeful?...really. Honestly were you at the game? Thought we were excellent today and we certainly weren't scared shitless of Hearts. From where I was in the North it looked a clear foul on Tomas at the goal, but need to see it again. Thought Chris Erskine and Danny Devine were excellent and both him and Liam (despite a few dodgy moments) are building a good partnership. Thought Azeez was good up front. Agree what most are saying about Pogba and was disappointed in Osman and Booth both of whom don't look up to speed at the moment. Gutted at the ending but consoled by the fact that we played really well

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

A very enjoyable game of football between well matched sides. Hearts were stronger in their tackling but we had all the flair. I really thought that we might push on and win it after the equaliser. After Pogba came on that hope dissipated. We had no out ball and the pressure on the defense grew and grew.

Gutted at the result but pleased with the performance of the team.

• Like 1