Conrad Balatoni

Lambies Lost Doo

1 year into a 3 year deal by mutual consent. 30+ games for Killie last year.

I'd take him. My understanding is he left us to try England but it fell through then a 3 year contract was offered.

1 year deal. Gives us the centre half were need. Experienced, knows the club, liked by fans and I think would improve by being a role model and experienced head compared to Lindsay, Devine and Syme.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

nice enough lad but Archie always replaces those that go with better players to constantly improve the gene pool. Don't think he does that at this time.

Archie more or less ruled re-signing Balatoni at the Open Day by repeating above mantra. Only way I can see Conrad coming back is if the signing of a central midfielder is going over budget. Maybe a necessary backtrack.

Ayr would be the more likely move for Balatoni. He's a better centreback than Meggatt and a course winner in that league.

nice enough lad but Archie always replaces those that go with better players to constantly improve the gene pool. Don't think he does that at this time.

#Bridgesburned (apart from the Erskine one of course)

Not sure about that. Seaborne, Frans out, replaced by Devine a step up? Still time to add though.

Think Conrad was sold a pup from his agent, trials everywhere before ending up at Killie, by which time we had moved on.

Is he better than what we have? Given we have little or no cover at centre half, yes. Him coming back will depend on Archies other targets and how much budget he has.

• Like 1

Not sure about that. Seaborne, Frans out, replaced by Devine a step up? Still time to add though.

Think Conrad was sold a pup from his agent, trials everywhere before ending up at Killie, by which time we had moved on.

Is he better than what we have? Given we have little or no cover at centre half, yes. Him coming back will depend on Archies other targets and how much budget he has.

Devine was signed as right sided central defender, as a replacement for Frans. He is the better player for me, so I definitely see it as a step up.

There are some players who are so close to being really good, but have one flaw in their make up or one gap in their skill set or whatever. You would think that all they need to do is to practise hard on that one aspect and do extra training on it and they will become that all-round great player, but somehow it does not seem to work like that.

I really like Ade Azeez, but surely that dreadful first touch could eventually be conquered? Conrad was similar in that he does so many positive things and has a great character and seems a real teambuilder, but in almost every game he appears to have one potentially disastrous switch off moment, leading to a slip or a missed swipe at the ball or a key attacker eluding him as marker. If you could guarantee full concentration for the 90, Archie would be walking barefoot to Balamory to re-sign him.

#Bridgesburned (apart from the Erskine one of course)

I think the idea is to replace the leavers with better players, but in practice it's not always so. There have been just as many "bombscare" accusations thrown at Lindsay, Frans, and Seaborne as there were for Conrad, who weighed in with a healthy number of goals for us. I'd take him back.

I think the idea is to replace the leavers with better players, but in practice it's not always so. There have been just as many "bombscare" accusations thrown at Lindsay, Frans, and Seaborne as there were for Conrad, who weighed in with a healthy number of goals for us. I'd take him back.

The problem with Conrad was that he was basically alright at this level, as long as he had someone beside him to guide him through the game. Given that both Lindsay and Devine look to currently need someone to guide them through matches, I'd have little confidence in him being the man to do that.

I would happily bring Conrad back but it would have to be at the right price (Back-up first team player) and still think we would require another centre half. He is certainly not the answer we are looking for but would bring competition for places etc.

If finances allow I hope today we can bring in an experience centre half and maybe a midfielder. I see celtic have told a few players they can leave, one being Liam Henderson although I dont know if he is the type of midfielder we are looking for.

If finances allow I hope today we can bring in an experience centre half and maybe a midfielder. I see celtic have told a few players they can leave, one being Liam Henderson although I dont know if he is the type of midfielder we are looking for.

I'd love Henderson but not sure how realistic it is. Ideal replacement for Bannigan, IMO.

• Like 2