Dundee 26/10/16

Lindau

Let's hope the first team get a similar result as the Development squad tonight

Dundee 1 Thistle 2 (Nisbet and Stokes)

Wouldn't change the side from Saturday unless Erskine is fit. Fingers crossed Liam might be fit as the defence looked far more secure on Saturday with the three at the back

Yup, I feel the 3-5-2 is better suited to away games and Devine actually seemed like a competent defender on Saturday. Also not playing next to Ziggy helped.

Not enthused about Gordon coming in to the left of the back three but we're down to the bare bones if Lindsay doesn't recover from his neck injury.

Despite playing the much vaunted two up front we will create a lot less chances than we do with our usual formation. Remember all the chances Azeez and Doolan missed against Motherwell and Hamilton, respectively ;)

Would be great to have Erskine back but I think he's got a knee injury, hopefully not long term. So probably Osman, Edwards and Welsh in the middle.

Dundee have been playing a similar formation recently so could be a towsey affair with chances at a premium. Hopefully Adebayo or Kris can get over their goal drought.

I reckon it'll be another score draw but we really need all three points.

Hey, we could even move up to 7th place if results go our way...

Edited by jagfox

That's good news.

Had a good chuckle at one of the old articles at the foot of the page - how Ziggy Gordon loves to get forward and also loves to put in a tackle. Both of which have been sadly lacking. He can sod off any time he likes as far as I'm concerned.

Gordon's a strange one. I'm led to believe he played very capably at left back for a lengthy period at Accies. I'm sure we saw him in that position on at least one occasion. He's also played in a centreback role, probably given his lack of height in a 3-5-2. Again, according to my Accies mate, capably.

I can't argue with any on here worrying about his inclusion as he's not inspired much confidence playing in his preferred position. He did play much better against both sevco and Accies but somebody of his experience should've dovetailed into Lindsay's position on Saturday at ease. I was always led to believe that Ziggy's sale value was based as much on his versatility as his undoubted ability playing at right back. Whatever the reason he's not exactly been playing at right back as well as we know he can may be the same reason he's looked dodgy played elsewhere.

Given Devine moved across at Tannadice should indicate that if Lindsay is out Gordon would play right of the three centrebacks. You'd have to think that Ziggy should be comfortable in that position. The height loss in defence would be a bit of a worry (as would be set pieces in attack where Lindsay makes a fair nuisance of himself) but a back three of Gordon, Barton & Devine should be OK.

Can I just remind our support of the lousy position in the stand that Dundee are giving away fans these days?

At the last game we were put in the bit of the dilapidated main stand which is actually behind the goal line and looking along the outside of the touch line.

This is not the only reason for me and Lady Skwerr not attending, but it definitely a factor.

We'll be cheering them on from the Celestial City of Glasgow on Wednesday.

Can I just remind our support of the lousy position in the stand that Dundee are giving away fans these days?

At the last game we were put in the bit of the dilapidated main stand which is actually behind the goal line and looking along the outside of the touch line.

This is not the only reason for me and Lady Skwerr not attending, but it definitely a factor.

We'll be cheering them on from the Celestial City of Glasgow on Wednesday.

The Jags support will be in the stand behind the goal tomorrow night.

With Azeez and Dools out of form infront of goal, is it worth giving Nisbet a chance to start ? He scored again last night and seems to have the confidence to score. It's not always about ability (Santala !) but often confidence, and Kevin appears to have that.

I'd like to think that when he returns Kevin will not just be known as "unused sub". I think tho', bar a crisis, he'll not start any games as a lone striker. He does offer something different and if we continue with 3-5-2 he should get plenty game time. Maybe in a two up situation he'd play wide of Doolan or Azeez as opposed to two thru the middle.

Nisbet's goal scoring for the Dev league has been hugely impressive, I never really watch the Dev games though, does anyone get to many of them and the style of play a lot different to the first teams? Basically interested to know if the goals he gets for them can be easily transferred to the first team.

Nisbet's goal scoring for the Dev league has been hugely impressive, I never really watch the Dev games though, does anyone get to many of them and the style of play a lot different to the first teams? Basically interested to know if the goals he gets for them can be easily transferred to the first team.

The U20s nearly always mirror the first team tho' I doubt they'll change to 3-5-2. Normally play a standard back four, two holding mids (more box to box than the Ist team) and three behind the striker. Very fluid style of play. Certainly if/when an U20 player reaches 1st team standard he'd not struggle with our normal formation. Using a bit of licence you can more or less tell the individual 1st team player each U20 player understudies so to speak.

In terms of emulating the first team there's one thing the U20s haven't quite mastered. The youngsters CAN see a game out!

The U20s nearly always mirror the first team tho' I doubt they'll change to 3-5-2. Normally play a standard back four, two holding mids (more box to box than the Ist team) and three behind the striker. Very fluid style of play. Certainly if/when an U20 player reaches 1st team standard he'd not struggle with our normal formation. Using a bit of licence you can more or less tell the individual 1st team player each U20 player understudies so to speak.

In terms of emulating the first team there's one thing the U20s haven't quite mastered. The youngsters CAN see a game out!

Excellent, cheers mate, spot on what I was interested to hear. Aye they certainly can finish teams off... Perhaps the inclusion of some of these players in the first team can't be far off.

I went to a game last season when they played Falkirk and nisbet scored a couple of crackers including a volley from outside the box. He certainly knows the way to goal. I wonder what age he is now? He cant be far off the 1st team if the management think he can play at the top level.

ETA. On wiki he is only 19, thought he was a couple of years older, still plenty of time for him to develop

Edited by MonehJags