St Johnstone 29/10/16

Lindau

Superb result today! I've got to hold my hand up and say I was amongst those who were complaining about Archie taking off Aziz and bringing on Amoo: hands up Archie was totally right and I was completely wrong.

There just something about a last minute winner, that lifts the heart of any true football fan!

First half I thought we were very good, second half was a lot more even, but I thought we possessed for once a much more potent attacking threat. I will also add my praise for the defence who looked extremely secure in which I thought Christie Elliot was a standout for me. Also thought Sean Welsh had a really good game this afternoon.

Without relying on cliche their weren't any failures in our team!

What a finish to the game that was. Great celebration at the end. Was hysterical when the two Jags fans were celebrating with the players, one of the stewards tried to grab one, he dipped his shoulder and went the other way and the steward went on her ass ...

Thought the first half was very even. We scored a little against the run of play and then lost a goal to a really good sucker punch from St Johnstone. Easton and Swanson gave us a lot of problems down their left in the first half. But, we nullified their threat in the second half and were the better team. We deserved the win. The defence all played well, although Devine needs to watch his hands on the opposing players all the time. Barton and Lindsay in particular passed well out of defence and they all defended well. Booth was solid without offering much going forward, Elliott weathered the first half pressure from Easton and Swanson well and had some good surging runs in the second half.

Welsh played really well, as did Osman, closing down, linking play. Edwards also had a good game, although started to fade a bit in 2nd half then came back into it. Dools took his chance well and ran his socks off, Aziz ran his heart out too and was really causing them problems late in the game. Erskine did really well when he came on and Amoo set up the goal with some really tenacious play in the box. Going to beat his man, checking back when there was no way through, then going again and getting the killer pass across the 6 yard box for Osman to rifle into the roof of the net.

St Johnstone are no mugs. Their goal came from a really good move. That was an excellent result today!!